Best Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit?

Comments

• smokeybaconsmokeybacon Posts: 5,113
    Forum Member
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Anyone know what the Nicolite rechargeable is like?

£19.99 starter kit and £6.95 for cartomisers up to 60 cigs worth of vaping.

I've never used the Nicolite but when I first started using e-cigs I got a kit from Sky Cig which is similar with pre-filled cartomisers.
    The first thing you learn is that you can take their claims of cartomosers being equal to so many cigarettes with a pinch of salt..
    Buying pre-filled cartomisers can be pretty expensive and if saving money is a concern I would look at the kits which let you fill the cartomisers yourself.
    This is the type I use now but plenty other suupliers available;

http://www.vapeland.co.uk/ego-t-ce5-stainless-steel-starter-kit-900mah-218-p.asp
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been looking into getting one of these but I'm as confused as the previous posters. I smoke Marbro reds at the minute but I only smoke a pack a week but I still want to cut down. I like the idea of having something I can refill so I'm not just confined to the carts but I've tried Skycig which a friend let me try and wasn't too impressed. All it did was catch the back of my throat. I'd also like a spare ecig so I can have one on charge while using the other one and I'd like one that resembles a proper cig with a chargeable case.

Looked on the website but I'm totally lost.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    I've been looking into getting one of these but I'm as confused as the previous posters. I smoke Marbro reds at the minute but I only smoke a pack a week but I still want to cut down. I like the idea of having something I can refill so I'm not just confined to the carts but I've tried Skycig which a friend let me try and wasn't too impressed. All it did was catch the back of my throat. I'd also like a spare ecig so I can have one on charge while using the other one and I'd like one that resembles a proper cig with a chargeable case.

Looked on the website but I'm totally lost.

I stopped using "normal" cigarettes two weeks ago this coming Tuesday. Am currently using the disposable Nicolites "40 cigarette equivalent", Find that these last me around 2 days.

however as with you I am looking for a reusable brand that gives a good smoke with reasonably priced cartridges (ideally under £2 per cartridge) The Nicolites reusable seems the most accessible in High street shops however the cost of cartridges £6.95 for 3 seems more expensive than other brands out there.

To help us convertees out could someone provide useful suggestions to brands of e-cigs that:

a) Give a nice "vape"
    b) Are cheap(ish) to buy cartridges
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never used the Nicolite but when I first started using e-cigs I got a kit from Sky Cig which is similar with pre-filled cartomisers.
    The first thing you learn is that you can take their claims of cartomosers being equal to so many cigarettes with a pinch of salt..
    Buying pre-filled cartomisers can be pretty expensive and if saving money is a concern I would look at the kits which let you fill the cartomisers yourself.
    This is the type I use now but plenty other suupliers available;

http://www.vapeland.co.uk/ego-t-ce5-stainless-steel-starter-kit-900mah-218-p.asp

Skycig seem expensive £49.99 for starter kit then you are near enough forced to buy all supplies online. May be great for some however I want a brand where cartridges can be bought in a shop if needs be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    there is a new site launched selling the Smoke Relief electronic cigarettes/refills and accessories at cheap prices. http://www.ecig-buyer.co.uk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    A mate of mine bought a starter kit the other day from Freshcig as it was on their daily offer thing, £11.99 I think it cost him. It's usually £16.99, but either price looks pretty good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Tornado C-Slim from totally wicked. Easy to refill with juice and vapes very well.
  • ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    Sam_B88 wrote: »
    A mate of mine bought a starter kit the other day from Freshcig as it was on their daily offer thing, £11.99 I think it cost him. It's usually £16.99, but either price looks pretty good.

I stopped smoking with Freshcig last November. Out of all the pre-filled cartridge e-cigs I found them the most realistic. However I've now moved on to a Titan from Totally Wicked which is much better, I spend about £6 a week on liquid whereas the Freshcig was costing me about £15 a week in the packs of cartridges.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just ordered this one from e cig wizard - is it a good one? The reviews on the site seemed really promising. But now the price is putting me off as it seems too cheap to be that good.

http://www.ecigwizard.com/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/vision-ego/kit.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just ordered this one from e cig wizard - is it a good one? The reviews on the site seemed really promising. But now the price is putting me off as it seems too cheap to be that good.

http://www.ecigwizard.com/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/vision-ego/kit.html

I only glanced but you're only paying for one e-cig. Kits have 2. You should just about be ok if it's a 900mah. Have you got access to a PC during the day?

It's a really good starting point btw and a good supplier.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pavster wrote: »
    I only glanced but you're only paying for one e-cig. Kits have 2. You should just about be ok if it's a 900mah. Have you got access to a PC during the day?

It's a really good starting point btw and a good supplier.

Yes it's 900mah and I have access to of at work or at home (to charge?). Also, when this arrives and I feel it's not lasting long, I can buy another battery so I have 2 can't I? Thanks for taking a look and getting back btw!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spured on by this thread, I have just ordered one. I hope I ordered the right thing, but I have been thinking about it for a while. I smoke about 6 roll ups a day. I have tried quitting a few times, but can't seem to manage it. Hopefully this will help.

I have seen many people smoking them, and I have always wanted to give it a try. I have ordered the 510 Titan Tank kit. Hopefully it will be easy to use.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Titan will probably be fine if you're a light smoker. I wasn't and always felt I was juggling batteries. I'm not a massive fan of tanks but if you don't like them it's a standard fitting (510) so just try something else.
  • FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any of these e-cigs that are as slim as a roll-up?

I'm really tempted to get one, but all of the ones I've seen peole using are fatter than a standard tailor-made cigarette so to me feels like I'm smoking a cigar.

• katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FearFactor wrote: »

I'm really tempted to get one, but all of the ones I've seen peole using are fatter than a standard tailor-made cigarette so to me feels like I'm smoking a cigar.

I too would be interested in an e-cig that is a slim as roll up. I have an eLite that I use when travelling but when smoking regular cigarettes I smoke Vogue which are very slim and the eLite seems way to thick and heavy in my hand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FearFactor wrote: »

I think you can get slimmer ones online. Don't know why I know this as I don't even smoke :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cigalikes and 510s ate really about as thin as they get until battery technology improves.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was also interested in a slim one, which it why I went for the one I mentioned above as its quite slim.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I smoke Golden Virginia roll ups with a filter and tried e-cigs for the first time last week from a Socialites open shop in our shopping precinct. I'd read online that they had Golden Virginia cartomisers so I asked the guy behind the counter if I could try one. It said on the net to draw ecigs slowly so I did this and it was really strong and immediately gave me a dry throat and made me cough. It didn't taste anything like GV but to be fair it was a smooth draw and there was a similar amount of 'smoke' to a regular ciggy.

The guy laughed when I coughed and asked me if I'd like a lighter version. I tried this as well but although it was milder it still gave me a dry throat. I asked him if I could try another flavour and he gave me a vanilla one (with nicotine) which tasted a lot nicer but was still very dry.

The ecig was very heavy, a bit fatter and around the same length as a regular manufactured ciggy, but apart from the very dry taste, I was put off by the high starter kit price of £20 and the battery only held a small charge 900 mAh. He wanted a tenner for the mains charging USB plug as well.

I only smoke 6 or so rollies a day and I would like to move to ecigs. I've read so many reviews but there's no way I'm going to waste 20 quid minimum to try these things unless I know for sure it's not going to give me a dry throat.
  • shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evil c wrote: »
    I smoke Golden Virginia roll ups with a filter and tried e-cigs for the first time last week from a Socialites open shop in our shopping precinct. I'd read online that they had Golden Virginia cartomisers so I asked the guy behind the counter if I could try one. It said on the net to draw ecigs slowly so I did this and it was really strong and immediately gave me a dry throat and made me cough. It didn't taste anything like GV but to be fair it was a smooth draw and there was a similar amount of 'smoke' to a regular ciggy.

The guy laughed when I coughed and asked me if I'd like a lighter version. I tried this as well but although it was milder it still gave me a dry throat. I asked him if I could try another flavour and he gave me a vanilla one (with nicotine) which tasted a lot nicer but was still very dry.

The ecig was very heavy, a bit fatter and around the same length as a regular manufactured ciggy, but apart from the very dry taste, I was put off by the high starter kit price of £20 and the battery only held a small charge 900 mAh. He wanted a tenner for the mains charging USB plug as well.

I only smoke 6 or so rollies a day and I would like to move to ecigs. I've read so many reviews but there's no way I'm going to waste 20 quid minimum to try these things unless I know for sure it's not going to give me a dry throat.

The ratio of pg:vg in the liquid can affect the throat hit. If they make you cough you probably need more vg than pg. the higher the ratio of pg the higher the throat hit.

I was a 30 a day roll up smoker (Samson or drum, hated golden Virginia) until feb 5th is year when i changed to an ecig and haven't had a roll up since!

I bought my starter kit online and would recommend Vape Escape - realistic prices, excellent quality and usually next day delivery as standard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I tried those disposable ones, nicolite, apollo etc but the battery life sucks and stop working well after about an hour.
    Now I use this electronic cigarette starter kit and have been smoke free for over a month. I use one with a tobacco flavour and one with a menthol flavour. Ive got to say after trying all the patches, gums etc this is the only thing that has worked for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i gave up with E-lites three months ago and I swear that I will never ever smoke again.

I literally cannot believe how amazing it is and it has changed my life (and bank balance!)

I am now thoroughly boring evangelising about it all the time but honestly, I truly thought nothing could help me stop, but I have!

And quite often, I even forget about my e-cig, it's just barely a part of my life now.

My starter kit was e-lites basic one with, but you can buy one stick to try out first to see how you get on with it.

There are so many brands it's overwhelming and confusing but so worth it! Try the one sticks that are on offer from whoever first; that would be my advice.
    Forum Member
    I tried those E-lites but they didnt really do it for me. Maybe because I was quite a heavy smoker but I was getting through them so fast they where costing me quite a lot of money. Now I use the ones where you can refill the liquid yourself. works out much cheaper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried those E-lites but they didnt really do it for me. Maybe because I was quite a heavy smoker but I was getting through them so fast they where costing me quite a lot of money. Now I use the ones where you can refill the liquid yourself. works out much cheaper.

That's why it's worth trying out the individual ones before you buy a whole starter pack I think.

It is horses for courses, as they say!

And the key is finding the one that really works for you.

Happy no smoking!!!!
    Forum Member
    Agree. Actually I recently started using variable voltage battery too. It works even better! Makes loads of vapour and throat hit.

Happy vaping to you!