Options

This is genius for voting revenues!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
Forum Member
✭✭
Having four go is genius for voting revenues. :D This week will be highest vote of BB11 so far I'm sure ... people will be voting for a few different people to try save their favourites.

Well done BB. :p

Master stroke to throw a huge spanner in the works where nobody was expecting and making a nice bit of profit to. :p

Comments

• Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i'm not - with four going there is no point whatsoever given the ones I want evicting have no chance of going.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    It will also drive the fans who are trying to organise campaigns for/against certain HMs nuts because they won't know who to target. Split votes galore.:D:D
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its going to be totally mental.
    I do feel sorry for the john james fans mind.they have already spent a bloody fortune.
    50p a call is quite spicy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have my faves who I think will prob go on Friday but then I think people I don't like will prob go. :)

We've got to look at it as a bit of fun and there'll only be three full days without them in there we've got to watch so its not to bad if they do go on Friday. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geraniums wrote: »
    It will also drive the fans who are trying to organise campaigns for/against certain HMs nuts because they won't know who to target. Split votes galore.:D:D

Yep! :D Perfect.

Whoever goes ... it's going to be an exciting evening. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    I do feel sorry for the john james fans mind.they have already spent a bloody fortune.

I do think it shouldve been announced last night ... but thats the nature of the beast I guess! All the more reason why there's no point early voting IMO.

I personally never vote in evictions until the Friday - this is certainly going to cause some sparks. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Or the exact opposite - there is no way 4 biggies won't go on Friday so I can save my money - and there will be no-one left I want to win so that is more money saved.

Effectively 4 out means no more voting from me and, I would guess, from thousands of others
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Not particularly. They won't be making a single profit off me. I'm not voting and neither will many.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I have my faves who I think will prob go on Friday but then I think people I don't like will prob go. :)

We've got to look at it as a bit of fun and there'll only be three full days without them in there we've got to watch so its not to bad if they do go on Friday. :)

You don't mind that the final will be full of dullards then? :confused:
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »

and all for Sam.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I won't be voting any more, not that it'll make one bit of difference in the grand scheme of things.
    At this stage it should be voting for your favourite, not to evict, and we all know why ...
    ... A massive profit for Ch4, which is their definition of going out with a bang.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    You don't mind that the final will be full of dullards then? :confused:

I want Josie to win so the less competition for her, the best ... :o

However the last few days will be a bit on the snoozy side but I think this twist out merits it as the atmosphere this week will be immense and come Friday night the HMs will be like headless chickens. I think they're going to think it's the final, with 9 of them lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And excitement is something that has been badly lacking in all the evictions of BB11. Should be a great night.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God I'm not voting anymore:D
    I'm going to see if there are any decent odds going on Josie anywhere:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote: »
    well i'm not - with four going there is no point whatsoever given the ones I want evicting have no chance of going.

Same here, I intended voting in the hope of saving my favourite, but there really is no point, it ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The evening may be ok I guess. But when all the big characters have gone, what is finals night going to be like?

I'm not sure. Depends who goes eventually I guess. But if we are left with Josie, Steve, Mario, Andrew and JJ2 as the final 5, is that a good thing? Won't Josie, in that scenario with a vote to win, walk it?

Or worse, will Steve win?

Yes I agree at first it might be exciting. And depending who actually goes it might continue to be quite exciting. But if the scenario I outline above comes about, I can't really see it being that good a finals night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Find this awful. The final is going to be awful, all the millions of people that have watch and followed this over the years to have the producers do this is beyond words. Money Money Money thats what it boils down to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joodz wrote: »
    I won't be voting any more, not that it'll make one bit of difference in the grand scheme of things.
    At this stage it should be voting for your favourite, not to evict, and we all know why ...
    ... A massive profit for Ch4, which is their definition of going out with a bang.

Oh I do totally agree, if there's four going it should be vote to save, but I still think the idea is a good one and theyre going to make quite a bit from it.
  • Options
    Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually its quite the opposite- if four are out then theres hardly any point in voting because theres a 1 in 2 chance that someone you don't like will be evicted instead of 1 in 9
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joodz wrote: »
    The vote to save is always the final week. So the save vote will be after the quad eviction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    The evening may be ok I guess. But when all the big characters have gone, what is finals night going to be like?

I'm not sure. Depends who goes eventually I guess. But if we are left with Josie, Steve, Mario, Andrew and JJ2 as the final 5, is that a good thing? Won't Josie, in that scenario with a vote to win, walk it?

Or worse, will Steve win?

Yes I agree at first it might be exciting. And depending who actually goes it might continue to be quite exciting. But if the scenario I outline above comes about, I can't really see it being that good a finals night.

I think the BB11 finale won't be to grand but if you look at the press and publicity there's not much about the BB11 finale. I think it's going to be a rushed affair and more concentration on UBB launching. It's a shame as the HMs deserve better but I think in the producers minds, having duller HMs who've spent less time in there on the finale means they can do it a lot quicker.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't suppose the average viewer gives a shit about voting revenues. How they are supposed to safeguard their favourite must be rather perplexing though.

I won't bother giving it any thought at all. More voting money converted to beer tokens. Go me! :D

The thought of JJ2 in the final makes me laugh.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'll have the reverse effect.

Plenty of people just won't bother voting, especially if they think there's no way to save their fave
    (eg. a large proportion of JJ1 & Sam fans might just resign to the fact they've got no hope of surviving)

If it's a worse case scenario and JJ1, Sam, Corin (plus any other) are evicted,
    then this means there'll be even less people voting for a winner, because there'll be no competition for Josie whatsoever.
    Heck, I'd even vote for Mario to win if he was in the last two with Josie, but the chances of him beating her would be pretty slim (whereas Corin & Sam would have a much greater chance, if they were still there).

What a crock, eh?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the BB11 finale won't be to grand but if you look at the press and publicity there's not much about the BB11 finale. I think it's going to be a rushed affair and more concentration on UBB launching. It's a shame as the HMs deserve better but I think in the producers minds, having duller HMs who've spent less time in there on the finale means they can do it a lot quicker.
    They are mostly such a boring bunch of HMs I can't see the finale generating any excitement, even if there wasn't a quad eviction. The only thing that can save it imho is if Sam is still there - the anticipation of such an outsider winning it. Otherwise it will be dull.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You may well be right. I guess at its their last year hosting, C4 don't care that much.

Its a good point you bring up - the ex housemates going in will be by far the highlight of the evening, when really it should be the winners night.

Shame.