WHATM - Big Brother 11 - Day 71 - Wednesday 18th August 2010 - 6am to Midday

SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
Forum Member
The thread continues.... not much to go on overnight as the LF has been down since the flood.

Just tweets every half an hour by official BB

https://twitter.com/OfficialBB

Old thread here http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1328548&page=39

Comments

• SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    New video up on BB website... Corin had had enough of talking about 'The Game'

http://bb-cache.channel4.com/bigbrother/video/2010/Aug/18/corin-i-ve-had-enough-of-the-game/play.c4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit wet in here isn't it?
    I'll - er - get a mop.
    Forum Member
    A bit wet in here isn't it?
    I'll - er - get a mop.

Or a kayak!
    Forum Member
    Just noticed the Official BB twitter has deleted all the early hours tweets about farting/snoring and spilling drinks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a lurker I would just like to say well done to the midnight to 6AM WHATM posters for nearly1000 amusing posts, whilst no LF, There is commitment for ya :p
    Forum Member
    It did go off on quite a few tangents!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't Dave foresee this and build an Ark..

I do realise I'm probably the 100th person to make similar comment:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't Dave foresee this and build an Ark..

I do realise I'm probably the 100th person to make similar comment:D

no your not, believe me, I've been on line all night your about 1000th lol :, Bob Righter even got some stick for not predicting it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Morning all,

Only WHATMers could keep me occupied for nearly an hour this morning, reading about a programme that wasn't happening. Well done you overnighters!

I am having trouble getting to LF at the mo,
    if there is any.

I shall persevere. Any backgrounds sounds of breaking glass will be my lappie going out of the window.
  • jaydeebeejaydeebee Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the delay on live feed? I bought it last night, went on, watching it for a few minutes then this happened! Haha talk about bad luck, so yeah people were saying it should be back at 7am, but there's a delay right? How long is that delay?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    Just noticed the Official BB twitter has deleted all the early hours tweets about farting/snoring and spilling drinks

It's only the farts were deleted - the snores and spilt drinks are still there... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaydeebee wrote: »
    Anyone know the delay on live feed? I bought it last night, went on, watching it for a few minutes then this happened! Haha talk about bad luck, so yeah people were saying it should be back at 7am, but there's a delay right? How long is that delay?

Normally the delay is about 15-20 minutes. The poster that said it might come on at 7 thought so because the compliance team morning shift starts about that time. It's not yet guaranteed that will indeed happen.
    Forum Member
    jaydeebee wrote: »

7am is just wishful thinking... no one knows for certain yet. It will be back when its back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jgj wrote: »
    Normally the delay is about 15-20 minutes. The poster that said it might come on at 7 thought so because the compliance team morning shift starts about that time. It's not yet guaranteed that will indeed happen.

Yeah I know it's just going on one persons info but it's all we have at the moment! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    My guess: since parts of the house flooded with water (or got water damaged), there will be a team of people cleaning up the house. Hence the lack of feed. My guess is the feed will be down for a while.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foxtress wrote: »
    Morning all,

Only WHATMers could keep me occupied for nearly an hour this morning, reading about a programme that wasn't happening. Well done you overnighters!

I am having trouble getting to LF at the mo,
    if there is any.

I shall persevere. Any backgrounds sounds of breaking glass will be my lappie going out of the window.

:D i think we are all going into cold turkey now my withdrawel symptoms have started:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Well, lappie lives another day, I have LF :) I wonder when I'll have something to watch.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Well I suppose it's the only way they could decontaminate and clean the house before the AllStars went in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should they need to decontaminate? It's not sewage or a river (that might contain sewage) that flooded, it was rainwater through the ceiling or from the astroturfed garden.

What they need is to pump it out (or it might have drained away), dry it out and check the electrics. Oh, and repair the blessed roof. But repairing the roof can be done at the same time as the other jobs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should they need to decontaminate? It's not sewage or a river (that might contain sewage) that flooded, it was rainwater through the ceiling or from the astroturfed garden.

What they need is to pump it out (or it might have drained away), dry it out and check the electrics. Oh, and repair the blessed roof. But repairing the roof can be done at the same time as the other jobs.

Furniture etc will have to be de-contaminated. They will probably just replace it though, it doesn't matter that it's not sewage or from a river, it's come through the roof and anything used in the way the BB house is has to go through tests for this. Electrics I'm guessing from the fact they turned everything off will be shot and it will take a while to dry them out and test, check, replace them etc. Loads and loads and loads and LOADS of H&S stuff.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely sunny day here in Guernsey :)
    Hope JJ`s crab costume is o.k. would hate to deprive him of another day`s wear..:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    It did go off on quite a few tangents!

Yes it did. :p
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member

It's blackwater they will have to decontaminate, replace fridge/freezer etc.

Drying out takes weeks not hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing that the house is pretty much falling to bits ayway - water came inthrough the kitchen ceiling the other day and clearly the electrics in the kitchen are dodgy - and other house bits and bobs have been breaking.

It depends on how much is spoiled by the flood and how much can be temporarily patched -whether they carry on or not.

We have 3 weeks left before the house itself is junked forever - and a limited budget. They might have to look for a different venue, or dump it completely
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people are going ott here it was no more the a heavy leak, the pictures show that , no more than 1/4 inch deep if that , its not black water its rain water,

The fridge will not have been touched nor the oven or cupboards . Lets not over react. It's not a real house , it's made from 4x2 and chipboard, easily replaceable an repairable in quick time,. suction vacuums, heaters will clean it up in no time .Lets just wait and see when its back to normal, then we will know who is right

rgds....