BAFTA Award for Soap Opera and Continuing Drama (Spoiler)

lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
Forum Member
As announced on the BAFTA twitter page the award went to
Coronation Street :)

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Well done Coronation Street.
  • patrick95patrick95 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    well deserved
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Corrie ....don't take your eye off the ball tho' bit pants recently
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    Should of been EE, but I wont lose any sleep over it.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Very well deserved :D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very pleased for Coronation Street.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    i am a big fan of eastenders even though it pains me to say this i am enjoying coronation street more at the moment than eastenders so well done corrie!
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shameless should have won.
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,798
    Forum Member
    Well done to Corrie! Well deserved! :)
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Well Done Corrie!!!
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Corrie. It has been the best Soap for me on a regular basis this year.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant - well done, Corrie!
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Well done Corrie. Hugely deserved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Incredibly well deserved, it's got everything a soap should have. Humour, drama and emotional storylines. An amazing cast and crew! And I was so happy they used Carla/Ali as the clip, or as she's also now been called 'The Queen of Corrie':D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    TeamCarter wrote: »
    Incredibly well deserved, it's got everything a soap should have. Humour, drama and emotional storylines. An amazing cast and crew! And I was so happy they used Carla/Ali as the clip, or as she's also now been called 'The Queen of Corrie':D

I believe the clip they use is from the episode that they would have submitted for consideration - so that episode (the immediate aftermath of Carla's rape) is what would have won it for Corrie. I am glad, as it was a a superb episode - my favourite soap episode of the year.
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Well done to Corrie. It has been the best Soap for me on a regular basis this year.

Yeah, makes up for the tragedy of not winning the best soap at the BSA recently.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The award is based on one episode alone, so it was Carla's rape that won them the BAFTA which was brilliant. I enjoyed the Eastenders episode which was Max's return in Branning week but due to the subject matter and Ali King's fantastic performance it was well deserved for Corrie.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Well done Corrie - well deserved. It has been by far the best soap over the past year or so and this prestigious award is it's reward.

On a separate note, Phil Collinson should really shave his head...gelled hair with a big bald patch really does not go.
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done corrie, all your hard work very well deserved:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    I believe the clip they use is from the episode that they would have submitted for consideration - so that episode (the immediate aftermath of Carla's rape) is what would have won it for Corrie. I am glad, as it was a a superb episode - my favourite soap episode of the year.

Couldn't agree more, absolutely incredible writing and acting
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Well done Corrie. Hugely deserved.
    Yeah, makes up for the tragedy of not winning the best soap at the BSA recently.
    All has been said, I can add no more :)
  • yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! Well done Corrie! Well deserved! :)
    dazza89 wrote: »
    The award is based on one episode alone, so it was Carla's rape that won them the BAFTA which was brilliant. I enjoyed the Eastenders episode which was Max's return in Branning week but due to the subject matter and Ali King's fantastic performance it was well deserved for Corrie.

I agree with you all. I think Alison King was outstanding throughout the whole storyline and the writing - for the aftermath of Carla's rape - was superb. They obviously selected the right episode. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Shameless-Dale will never win this with Staurt Blackburn
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted Holby to win but well done corrie :)
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very well deserved. Ali King was amazing in that clip where Carla is screaming for Frank to be kept away from her after he walks in pretending nothing has happened. :cry:

Katherine Kelly was in attendance but didn't go on stage with Corrie. :confused: