Waterloo Road Series 8 Discussion Thread 23/08/2012

Comments

• Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    they can almost pretend the move never happened

Jane Beale, as i will continue to call her, could be shown waking up and it transpires that everything that's ever happened in Waterloo Road previously was an alcohol-induced dream of hers and the school has always been in Scotland.

If it's good enough for Crossroads...
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Jane Beale, as i will continue to call her, could be shown waking up and it transpires that everything that's ever happened in Waterloo Road previously was an alcohol-induced dream of hers and the school has always been in Scotland.

If it's good enough for Crossroads...

It'd be very current (re- the Dallas reboot) if Grantly got out of the shower and it was all a dream.

Get rid of Michael and replace him with Alex Norton's character Gerard Finlay because he's a far far better actor (I'm struggling to think why he's in this car crash of a show tbh)

I'm actually dreading watching tonight. It's become far too soapy and it's not escapism, its just crap
  • Options
    lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Alright all? Episode three tonight! Finally caught up, went about two weeks not watching the new series, just because things got in the way. Watched episode one last night and episode two today, with episode three tonight. All pretty good! Was a tad worried for the show when I learnt of the move to Scotland but it's worked really well.

Cannot wait for tonight! :D

(and so glad O' Children was used at the end of episode two)
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Caught up with Episode 2 this morning. Enjoyed it way more than the opener, to say the least. For the first time, there was a line that really bugged me with how 'off' it sounded - Sian talking to Tariq about Denzil's death "That wasn't karma, it was just very sad". It sounded odd to me, but then maybe I hadn't woken up properly, I don't know.
    Enjoying the storyline involving Connor and his mother the most. Other storylines seem to be moving a little slow - the only character I really don't like is Rhiannon, but I don't think I'm meant to like her. Looking forward to the third episode tonight :D

I also really, really want a trench coat like the one Connor was wearing near the end of the episode, but I can't seem to find one in that particular browny-tint anywhere :(
  • Options
    enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all - we're off...
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
  • Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening. :)
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tareeeq
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how does this dodgy head get into the school so easily??
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Maddi...
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *staring at WR with baffled face*

I'm a bit late to this and have Googled the answer as to how / why but remain bemused at a school moving to Scotland. Mind you, there was a precedent with Grange Hill moving from London to Liverpool (equally odd). If it were a company, maybe, but a school??

Also bewildered by Scottish Jane Beale. Also Googled and that is her real accent. Mind blown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »

Ssh, we're not meant to question those things! :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trudi and Finn mention! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »

Not only that but you'd think he has enough to do and worry about in his own school without skulking around another one...
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah - a ref to Trudi and Finn - Tariq's trying to say goodbye :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they haven't just forgotten about some of the other characters who have left :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC57 wrote: »
    Not only that but you'd think he has enough to do and worry about in his own school without skulking around another one...

he probably wouldnt be losing so many pupils !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In any other school a strange man roaming the corridors would at the very least, illicit a phone call to the police.

In McWaterloo Road, any Tom, Dick, Harry or rival headmaster seems to have carte blanche to do what they want...
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trudi and Finn mention!:) (I actually thought she'd appear on the comp screen!:o)
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christine needs help now, when are the Teachers going to realise she is an alcoholic

Knew what his face would stir
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why is Maddi saying Tariq weirdly? ahha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did she do that?
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did she do that?

Probably to get answers from Gus
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still really don't like Michael. I wish Rachel could come back. I do think a headmistress works better. :)