Nice work if you can get it!

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
:D:D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-registers-royal-baby-2117399

It's ridiculous, William should have put search and rescue pilot, that is his job. Prince is his title. He shouldn't have been allowed to register it like this. And Kate is a housewife.

I remember Coleen Rooney putting herself down as "journalist" :rolleyes:

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's off-topic, but I hate those message boxes that tell you about internet cookies. The Mirror site has them on whenever I visit their website.
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    It's off-topic, but I hate those message boxes that tell you about internet cookies. The Mirror site has them on whenever I visit their website.

It's a legal requirement now - for once blame stupid politicians not the media.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kjhskj75 wrote: »
    It's a legal requirement now - for once blame stupid politicians not the media.

I realise that, I just meant that there's no way of getting rid of it straight away. It should have a cross at the top right of it so that when you click it, it goes away.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like them but I am going more and more off them as they are becoming too precious and think they are better than the rest of us
  • Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member

That's clearly incorrect as she's a columnist.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-registers-royal-baby-2117399

It's ridiculous, William should have put search and rescue pilot, that is his job. Prince is his title. He shouldn't have been allowed to register it like this. And Kate is a housewife.

They both get paid for being Prince and Princess, so it is their job.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I thought the Queen wouldn't allow Kate to have a 'Princess' title yet and why she's a 'Duchess'?
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I used to like them but I am going more and more off them as they are becoming too precious and think they are better than the rest of us

I haven't seen any evidence of that, I think they are pretty down to earth considering who they are.

On what do you base your statement " They think they are better than us"? :confused:
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's all pr by the establishment, William, Kate and George, the modern family, fresh, caring and accessible. They may well be but they are still elitist.

Personally, I can't wait for Charles to come to the throne. He and his unpopular wife will hopefully see the whole outfit on the way out the door, pointless and token gestures of a bygone era.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    tommytiger wrote: »
    I thought the Queen wouldn't allow Kate to have a 'Princess' title yet and why she's a 'Duchess'?

that's what i thought, im confused.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that even real? Doesn't it have to state the time of birth? (also the whole duchess / princess thing)
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    tommytiger wrote: »

This might help or not lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13099871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    I haven't seen any evidence of that, I think they are pretty down to earth considering who they are.

On what do you base your statement " They think they are better than us"? :confused:

By putting a job title as Prince and Princess which is ridiculous. William's job is search and rescue pilot. Prince is just an accident of birth not a job title.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They think they are too precious ????? I think you will find its the media who run the stories not them , like any pregnant woman I am sure Kate would have preferred to have given birth without a gaggle of press waiting for her to pop and then having to perform outside the next day . I have seen no evidence that says they think they are precious, in fact everything to the contrary where they are allowed
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By putting a job title as Prince and Princess which is ridiculous. William's job is search and rescue pilot. Prince is just an accident of birth not a job title.

Firstly what do you think Charles and Di put down for William & Harry?? - Farmer and Charity Worker?? Secondly if the media left them well alone, you and millions others could get on with their daily lives without something that annoys you.

Thirdly William is about to change his job, he ought have put pilot really, though he is about to become a trainer. You sound a lot bitter about the whole thing - Royalty was around before you were born and will be around long after you are gone, best to not let it bother you too much.

This ought be in General Discussion - hardly in Showbiz are they??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »

Graham, someone ought to tell the media that ;)
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Firstly what do you think Charles and Di put down for William & Harry?? - Farmer and Charity Worker?? Secondly if the media left them well alone, you and millions others could get on with their daily lives without something that annoys you.

Thirdly William is about to change his job, he ought have put pilot really, though he is about to become a trainer. You sound a lot bitter about the whole thing - Royalty was around before you were born and will be around long after you are gone, best to not let it bother you too much.

If the media left them well alone, the royals wouldn't see out the next decade. The media is their bread and butter. Well, actually it's more like a pet who can occasionally turn on its master if not well enough fed. If our media showed the same attitude to our royals as it did to our MPs, for example, a few less would be willing to believe that an 'HRH' is enough to excuse anything.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Prince Ponce getting so ugly? He looks like a balding horse!
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Prince Ponce getting so ugly? He looks like a balding horse!

Whilst I assume your charitable self is the image of a perfect oil painting crying out for a modelling contract.
  • Anne-Marie_RoweAnne-Marie_Rowe Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Is that even real? Doesn't it have to state the time of birth? (also the whole duchess / princess thing)

There's normally the time on it if you are a twin (like me!) or any multiple birth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are better than the rest of us.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Whilst I assume your charitable self is the image of a perfect oil painting crying out for a modelling contract.

You betcha babe! I am perfect and I don't ponce off the state! Boy am I value for money! :rolleyes:
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly! It's about time we had a revolution!!!
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    They are better than the rest of us.

hope youre joking.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    They were told what to put. Surely noone seriously thinks they just sat down at the last second and said 'Umm what do I put?!' There is very little that they do without being told.
    I hate to burst the bubble of those who are Royalists but its very likely they knew the sex of their baby too as did the PM and his ilk, reason being is that they announced that whether the baby was a boy or girl he or she would have same place in queue for the throne regardless. Much easier for them to do this knowing it was a boy as the upper classes of the UK have a big problem with females being given equal rights to inheriting property/title etc...They have done this to appease the masses and quieten those that rightly call for a shake up of the Royal family and the way it is run..