ED Kates Oates teases a character's return and a big Christmas

Comments

• Options
    owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nathaaan!!
    Or I would be happy with Leyla.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mandy Dingle though... hope not.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true:D I reckon is Katie then. I can't think of any characters who have left in recent years who would want to or are able to return, except perhaps Eli, and the ones who left long ago don't really have any reason to come back now.

Some characters have loads of reasons to come back.. their families, their friends, because someone needs them after the breakdown of their relationship with a serial killer, because I want her too... I could go on ;):D

Oh I loved Eli (except for squealing to the police :mad:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    So the Cameron story is going to go and on:yawn::yawn::yawn:yawn: Perhaps one year KO and her lazy writing crew will get off their backsides and think up some new storylines.:mad At least SB had an imagination and could actually put his brain into gear and think of new ideas.
    His problem was not a lack of ideas but putting them into practice. KO has no ideas of her own and thats why shes dragging out SB stories to such ridiculous lengths.

LOL. SB had ideas admittedly, they were all awful though and none of them suited Emmerdale. He tarnished Ashley's reputation, killed off one of their most popular actors, created a chav family, broke up the most popular couple on the show, made story lines go on and on with no development and lots of repetition and ruined Home Farm.

KO has miraculously turned around a poor storyline and turned it into an unmissable one. It's the storyline that has put Emmerdale above Eastenders more regularly in the ratings and put ED on the front cover of magazines for the first time in years so no wonder she doesn't want it to end.

And no stories of her own? She has just introduced Denise Black and the Amy/Kyle story is bubbling in the background nicely. Rhona's storyline has been fantastic to watch as has Steve and his creepy ways.

Before the end of the year we have the following to look forward to:
    -climax to Cameron's story
    -introduction to James Barton
    -reveal of the Archie baby secret
    -a farewell to Alan
    -climax to the Alicia/David/priya love triangle

I admit she has dragged the love triangle out a bit, but apart from that the pacing has been excellent since she took over. The Cameron story has opened up so many other new stories.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would also have loved to have seen Steph back , but she found being away from her mates in the South too much .It would be great even if she only appeared at Alan's funeral :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shouldn't let forum cliques scare you off. best to just ignore them and let spill their hate on who the target is at the time. A lot fm's stay clear of that thread because of the hate on there.

Honestly? I can't agree. I've been made to feel welcome whenever I've posted on there and encouraged to join in even though I love a few characters others don't and loathe characters others love. (and sometimes struggle to keep up lol)

People may not always agree on characters they like, but I've certainly never felt it is cliquey or felt victimised for liking specific characters.

ETA: I'd love it if it was Zoe Tate or Kim Tate to return. doubtful, but you know it'd be great... lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    God, I hope not. I don't want to see either of those two (Aaron and Hazel)!

This to the power of infinity! :D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly? I can't agree. I've been made to feel welcome whenever I've posted on there and encouraged to join in even though I love a few characters others don't and loathe characters others love. (and sometimes struggle to keep up lol)

People may not always agree on characters they like, but I've certainly never felt it is cliquey or felt victimised for liking specific characters.

ETA: I'd love it if it was Zoe Tate or Kim Tate to return. doubtful, but you know it'd be great... lol :D

I was sure Kim Tate had acquired an Australian accent and is now starring as Erica in Wentworth, but I am assured it's just a lookey-likey. (Still not convinced - she's a clone of Kim). :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I was sure Kim Tate had acquired an Australian accent and is now starring as Erica in Wentworth, but I am assured it's just a lookey-likey. (Still not convinced - she's a clone of Kim). :D

HAHA!! Thought that was just me who thought that! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope me too! :D It's quite uncanny, isn't it! :D:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Nope me too! :D It's quite uncanny, isn't it! :D:D

I knew it! It is Kim and she's doing a great job with the Australian accent. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew it! It is Kim and she's doing a great job with the Australian accent. :cool:

Less convincing as a lesbian, though! ;)
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please let it be aaron
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kates Oates has also confirmed that they are currently casting three actors to play James Barton's sons.

And I am sorry to be the bearer of terrible news but KO said that we might see a Maurel wedding :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Kates Oates has also confirmed that they are currently casting three actors to play James Barton's sons.

And I am sorry to be the bearer of terrible news but KO said that we might see a Maurel wedding :mad::mad::mad:

Are Ashley and Laurel even divorced yet???

Infact have they even mentioned getting divorced at all???

Please no with a Maurel wedding! I dont think i could stomach seeing Laurel walking down the aisle with 'Angry Anderson's Suddenly' playing in the background! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »

*hisses.........* Boooo!!! I read that, bit gutted tbh.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *hisses.........* Boooo!!! I read that, bit gutted tbh.

I don't want to see 'the viewers favourite couple' get married either :mad: Let's hope it goes straight to DVD and we don't have to watch it on TV :(
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please no with a Maurel wedding! I dont think i could stomach seeing Laurel walking down the aisle with 'Angry Anderson's Suddenly' playing in the background! :mad:

I don't think they are divorced, Ashley still wears his wedding ring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The divorce was put in motion by Laurel about a week after she broke up with Ashley. I don't think it has been mentioned since.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally!!!

I'd be happy with Layla though.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Maybe Steph Stokes to do with Alan's exit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    I don't want to see 'the viewers favourite couple' get married either :mad: Let's hope it goes straight to DVD and we don't have to watch it on TV :(

Bleugh, Just bleugh :mad:
    Didn't like the "Ashely will be getting his mojo back" line either. It's just wrong!! :mad:
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathan Nathan Nathan Nathan Nathan Nathan.

I don't know how they'd write it to make it believable but I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!
    gboy wrote: »
    I'd love the returnee to be Paul Lambert (if the Poolards can't go to Portugal, then Portugal can come come to the Poolards).

But I suspect it won't be Paul.

I'd love it to be Paul too.

In fact anyone EXCEPT Aaron and Hazel :mad:

star89 wrote: »
    Sorry to be so abrupt but what rubbish. I am a lover of one of the most hated ED characters on DS, yet am made to feel very welcome on the thread when I joined a few months back.

I don't like the word 'clique' it's more the fact that people have been on there for so long, they are all very friendly with each other. I used to be a member of the Daily over 4 years ago and very recently went back and found the thread had tons of new members and only 2 or 3 that I remembered. Yet I was welcomed straight away.

The 'clique' that people talk of is just a group of friendly posters who are familiar with each other. Anyone who wants to join in is very welcome and I speak from experience. It really upsets me when people accuse members of being cliquey and unfriendly because it simply isn't true.

Well said! I was just about to answer Spunger's post with the fact that Debbie is almost universally loathed on t'daileh but has a resolute fan (I wonder who that is? :D) who no one has any problem with! It's mild leg pulling sometimes at the worst and if someone can't cope with that then they don't have a sense of humour IMO.

I wonder if some folk think it's cliquey because of all the greetings, personal and otherwise, at the beginning? If so no one should let that put them off - join in! Say you're new to the thread and you'll have more 'hello and welcome's' than you'll know what to do with!
    jude007 wrote: »
    He also created one of the worse couples in soap history ie Marlon and Laurel.

He took the history of Ashley and Laurel ie cot death, Sally Spode and stamped his big feet all over it.

for that I will never forgive and I for one am glad that he gone from Emmerdale.

Say what you want about Kate Oates, she had managed to add the comic and serious storylines together. That was something Blackburn could never do.

Well said!
    80's Gal wrote: »
    It could be Katie but I always assumed she would be back at some point anyway.

I wonder if the 'fun christmas SL' that Kate Oates refers to might be a Maurel wedding :mad:

:eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*runs screaming from thread*

I don't really have any main favourites. Generally i think it's an ok cast and i'm more into the stories than individual characters. If the story is crap then it's crap no matter who's in it. The only ones who'd i'd like to see lay down in front of a steamroller are Dom and his brat and the Spencers.

Get on t'daileh - you'll fit right in with those views :D

I've really enjoyed that Wentworth programme so far, agree that Erica is a lot like Kim Tate.

No, no, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Get this image out of my head! Begone!

Oh God, I can see the Jason and Kylie themed wedding complete with finger puppets already :(

*applies brain bleach*

:D
    The divorce was put in motion by Laurel about a week after she broke up with Ashley. I don't think it has been mentioned since.

Oh that's it then. If they've mentioned it even once consider it done :D
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nathan Nathan Nathan Nathan Nathan Nathan.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleeeeeeaaaase
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Well said! I was just about to answer Spunger's post with the fact that Debbie is almost universally loathed on t'daileh but has a resolute fan (I wonder who that is? :D) who no one has any problem with! It's mild leg pulling sometimes at the worst and if someone can't cope with that then they don't have a sense of humour IMO.

I wonder if some folk think it's cliquey because of all the greetings, personal and otherwise, at the beginning? If so no one should let that put them off - join in! Say you're new to the thread and you'll have more 'hello and welcome's' than you'll know what to do with!

No bloody idea :confused::o

I am ignoring the post about a Maurel wedding BTW :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star89 maybe the funny storyline KO has planned for Christmas is a who-killed-Dobbeh storyline? :p