Options

8 Out of 10 Cats Series 17 - Monday nights 10pm Channel 4

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
Monday!?!? :eek:

It would have been a great lineup on a Friday with 8Oo10C then The Last Leg.

I sometimes wonder about schedulers :confused:

Comments

• Options
    SolidSnakeSolidSnake Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    8 out 10 cats does countdown is better
  • Options
    kjg1995kjg1995 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    According to the schedules it looks as though they have 8 Out of 10 Cats on Monday and 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown on Friday.
  • Options
    SolidSnakeSolidSnake Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    kjg1995 wrote: »
    According to the schedules it looks as though they have 8 Out of 10 Cats on Monday and 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown on Friday.

Just checked and your right, can't wait love it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Countdown back again!
    I like it but I think they're really running it into the ground. They should space them out more.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to having the original show back, even if it is on a Monday.
    Host Jimmy Carr, captains Jon Richardson and Sean Lock are back for a new series of the topical comedy panel show with guests Paul Hollywood, Dawn O'Porter, Joe Wilkinson and Rob Beckett
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, going out on a Monday, I dread to think when it was actually recorded. Last Thursday? Earlier? They really stretch the bounds of 'topical' comedy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't see that as a major problem. It's topical but not in the same way as The News Quiz or HIGNFY.

I just think it's the type of show that suits a Friday night and it would have been a good lineup with The Last Leg also on.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They cover the major topics people are talking about this week. How can you do that when the show doesn't go out for 4 days?!? Think about everything that has happened in the last 4 days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WTF was going on with Porter's hair. It looked as though she had headphones on underneath a wig.

Does she have a brain tumor or something?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    WTF was going on with Porter's hair. It looked as though she had headphones on underneath a wig.

She seemed to expect a round of applause after saying "I live in LA". Planes back there every day - Be a stranger.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She would need to have a brain first.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolidSnake wrote: »
    8 out 10 cats does countdown is better

I think it is too, although Joe Wilkinson is so funnier in a panel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

LOL, i thought the same,,,it looked like a badly shaped wig
  • Options
    BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Thursday was a great day for it. The start of the week just seems like the wrong day for a news show.

Also can't believe they're doing more Countdown. As if they hadn't bled it dry already.

I also think 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown has ruined Joe Wilkinson for me. Seeing him on 8 Out of 10 Cats on Monday, I just can't tell whether he's funny any more because I've got used to him being humourless filler.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blister wrote: »
    Also can't believe they're doing more Countdown. As if they hadn't bled it dry already.

The day I complain about more chances just to look at Rachel Riley is the day I get someone to nail the lid down.
  • Options
    playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was part 1 30 mins with no ads tonight?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    The day I complain about more chances just to look at Rachel Riley is the day I get someone to nail the lid down.

THIS - agree wholeheartedly..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    playa1 wrote: »
    Was part 1 30 mins with no ads tonight?
    That's how it's been for the past few series. The Last Leg is also the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good show last night.
    I do think Mel is getting a bit tired with her ditsy act and Marsh wasn't really involved but the others were great.

Johnny Vegas can sometimes overrun a show but he fitted in well.

Also three females on a panel show. C4 sticking it to the beeb :p

Aisling Bea has been great on all of her appearances. She seems to be able to adlib well. I wonder if there could be a spot on QI or MtW for her.
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought joking about the Oscar Pistorius trial was in appalling bad taste , a woman has died , not a source for humour
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand Mel whatshername. So irritating.

Agree about the Pistorius bit. Especially weird considering Sean Lock lambasted the news for covering it as entertainment, rather than a serious crime. For them to then go on and make jokes just seemed really hypocritical.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't stand Mel whatshername. So irritating.

Agree about the Pistorius bit. Especially weird considering Sean Lock lambasted the news for covering it as entertainment, rather than a serious crime. For them to then go on and make jokes just seemed really hypocritical.
    Well one is a topical comedy panel show and the other is The News
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed MIchelle Marsh on it.

Not heavily involved - but made a good contribution nonetheless - good stuff with her and Mel.

Groaned at Lock's Pistorious joke - funny but not good. The same at his comparison between Pistorius' legs and glasses - bad taste it is true.

Oh and Jimmy Carr is hilarious as always all through it - not to mention Johnny Vegas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well one is a topical comedy panel show and the other is The News

...and you could easily mix the two of them up to be honest.
  • Options
    BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Doesn't Aisling look lovely?

Seems like they're struggling to get people on it though. She was on it two weeks ago, plus Joe Wilkinson AGAIN, Dr Christian (Channel 4's go to guy if nobody else was available) and Lethal Bizzle?! Seems like BBC panel shows get bigger comedians now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It seemed to be one of the mid series specials on a specific topic so was probably recorded weeks back when they were both around.

I like her though. She's been good all the times she's been on. I wonder if she'd do Mock The Week.