To those who watch EE on BBC-A....

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those forensic shows too. Really interesting. Have you seen CSI before? I like that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    No i mean to but usually fall asleep and wake up at the very end. I hear it is very good filled with all sort of sickos...by type of show :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    1-800 numbers do work from the UK. You get a recording message informing you that the call will be charged at International rates if answered. Just checked now and it is still the case. But there is a company called Komtel that I use that let you make calls to the US and other places for the price of a national call (0871) for no subscription fee. I find it brilliant the site can be found here
    Forum Member
    on thinking about it I guess you meant that the 1-800 number wasnt free from the UK (I just didnt think anyone would think it would be:) )
    Forum Member
    thanks for that info thay's good to have just in case.
    Forum Member
    anything for someone from President Bartlet's home state.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by jansey--ee
    LMAO Andy regarding your question about bread and gun in the same store...all I can say is WalMart...the king of everything you need under one roof....maybe they will be selling caskets soon.

Now onto crisps. We don't have anywhere the flavours that you have over there. I have has them all , love the ketchup and tried the new coronation chicken(curry flavoured) I will though stay away from the marmite....sound awful.

1-800 numbers do not work outside of the US. When I was in London a few months agon I needed to contact my credit card company and had to dial direct....no 1-800 :'( $$$$$$

Add me to the list of foresnic dramas too. They have this one show called forensic detectives and they follow a true crime and show how they figured out who was the killer....even down to matching the nail polish.

Yer i've bn to the only Walmart in the UK on the way to somerset (nice country side and sandy beaches) and you can't see from one end to the other!!!

On the matter of crisps i really like the coronation - over here during the jubilee they were just giving packs and packs free, it was like buy 10 get 20 free during the celebrations!!
    When talking about flavours do you mean genrally in the USA that there arent that many flavours to choose from? How can the world live without Ketchup crisps and Prawn cocktail !!!

Where do you buy them from? Is there a company that exsists that ships them over to you ? Can it work in reverse as everything over there in the USA is a dam site cheaper than rip off Britain!!!

Dam i really want to see an epiose of Fraiser made!!! Kelsey Grammer said he may only make 4/5 more seris of it. Have you any idea what a ticket might cost?
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a Wal mart in Derby Now (well, the sign actually says ASDA Wal-Mart). I guess these will be rolled out accross the US in the future.
    Forum Member
    in america you cant even get god damn salt and vinegar pringles, grrr so annoying.
    Forum Member
    Andy ..over here we have the basic flavours..barbeque..sour crean and onion...plain....and other boring flavours. No prawn..no ketchup...no worcesteshire....no chicken. I get them online but it becomes pricey due the shipping. I has someone from the office who is from Canada bring back some Canadian Ketchup crisps but they had a red powder flavour on the chips...definetly not like walkers..they hide the seasoning but boy you can certainly taste it. I suggested they should come out with a bangor and mash flavour....the already have the mash so just ad the sausage flavour.

I can't help you with the Frasier show..I am not sure if it is open to viewing...I will look into it for you. Have you ever been to the US?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by jansey--ee
    Andy ..over here we have the basic flavours..barbeque..sour crean and onion...plain....and other boring flavours. No prawn..no ketchup...no worcesteshire....no chicken. I get them online but it becomes pricey due the shipping. I has someone from the office who is from Canada bring back some Canadian Ketchup crisps but they had a red powder flavour on the chips...definetly not like walkers..they hide the seasoning but boy you can certainly taste it. I suggested they should come out with a bangor and mash flavour....the already have the mash so just ad the sausage flavour.

I can't help you with the Frasier show..I am not sure if it is open to viewing...I will look into it for you. Have you ever been to the US?

No i've never been , I think the problems lies in the fact that i'm trying to get information from a british server. For some reason every now and agian american websites say that they are only viewable from within america so i'd appreciate if you could find any thing out thanx.

Wow what type of prices do you pay and what do you get for that cost? as i'm sure i could under cut them. Next door have one of those bulk discount cards so i can get crisps for next to nothing and send them out whcih will work out far cheaper.

Wow I thought the USA was meant to be the land of plenty but it turns out they don't sell salt and vinegar pringles or prawn cocktail!!!
    Your bangers and mash idea does sound appetising!
    Forum Member
    Check this link out Andy http://www.paramountshowtickets.com/ and then sort out getting your ass to the west coast!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the javasript isn't working - well at least on my PC ,any ideas?
    Forum Member
    Link is fine have just tested it on two different versions of IE6 and also on Mozilla. Maybe u need to reinstall your java components? You could try emptying your temp intenet files and seeing if that helped. The site basically gives you directions ot the studios and tells you to phone a number to get tickets. According to the Frasier FAQ I have read you should be able to get them when filming is happening which it should be now I would think. Are you willing to go over there soon?
    Forum Member
    Hey andy...we do have salt and vinegar chips...not one of my favorite thought. A large bag depending on who makes them runs about $2.99 us small bags for .99 cents. I just might take you up on your offer about the crisps. Can you mix them or are they buy the case?

Hope you can get into the frasier link. will cost you a pretty peny to get over there...but worth it.
    Forum Member
    can you get salt and vinegar pringles? I could not find any in NYC.

Andy if you are under 26 speak to STA Travel they got me to New York for 180UKP. I thought you had to be a student but its not the case.
    Forum Member
    I have not seen those in pringles..just the usual barbeque, cheese and others not too exciting. Wise I believe makes a salt and vinegar they are out there.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe you don't get Salt & Vinager Pringles! They're my favorite!
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`m a Welsh gal living in the US (West Virginia) and we do get Salt and Vinegar Pringles. Cheese and Onion too although I can`t get over the concept of cheese and onion being in a dark pink canister. Pringles flavours also come in cheese, Sour Cream & Onion, Pizza, Cajun BBQ and ordinary BBQ.
    While at the Super WalMart last week in Summersville, WV I bought a bag of tomato flavoured crisps. They were pretty good.
    Whats also good is cheese and bacon fries. They have some cheese fries(like Chipsticks) in a bag with Andy Capp on the front. They also have salsa flavour which now and again are great.
    Would sell my soul for a few packets of Skips. Not to mention a few cans of dandelion and burdock pop.
    BTW those coronation chicken crisps sound absolutely divine.My mouth is watering now:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Safeway today I noticed that the BBQ Pringles now appear to be Texas BBQ Sauce flavour.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you really want some skips or coronation chicken crisps i can get them from the whole salers too wavlovr ?

jansey--ee - i'll try and find out but if you give me an idea of what you want then i'll see what i can do -PM me -wow $0.99 thats 65p!!! quite pricey

Also i reinstalled explorer dropped my anti virus and firewall and cookie blocker and lowed the security settings in I.E.6 and the java window opened ......... and said connection refused?

Thanxs for the tip with STA - they are very cheap which is good!
    How soon is soon? - i need to get a new passport and all that stuff!

mmm cheese and bacon!!!! sounds nice. Who is Andy Capp?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also thanx about the STA Travel - i've been in London today and while I had some spare time i popped in and look up the cost -its about £200 to L.A. I think thats where Friaser is made? and it is still £180 to NYC They can get me accomadation for as little as £20 a night so that is v.good for both places

I've tried the Paramount site again and it still says connection refused so I'd be grateful if someone could get an estimate ticket cost, thanx! Any tips how to make the connection work as well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gawd i`m showing my age now :D
    Andy Capp was a comic charecter in the British newspaper. The Daily Mirror I think, can`t remember now. He is married to a woman called Flo who always had her hair in rollers and always waited for Andy to come back from the pub and she used to brand her rolling pin as a weapon., The Andy Cappcharacter is a workshy shiftless person who wears a flap cap and a ciggie dangling from his mouth.
    In the 1980`s James Bolan played the part of Andy Capp in a so called comedy. What a load of boll.............er........rubbish it was :D:D
    Forum Member
    Andy was here too in the US. I use to love to read him in the papers. Love those Andy fries too...talk about nothing but fat and grease.....you need a napkin to eat them.:-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol indeed you do jansey. At least half a roll of papers towels per handful of Andy Capp salsa fries. :D:D:D
    *sigh* I hate Sunday mornings now that I don`t have EE to look forward to.