Options

Which shops do you refuse to step foot in?

Comments

• Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote:
    Its puts me off entering the shop. I used to shop in Bluewater, and sometimes you fancied having a nose around some of the designer shops (even if i couldnt afford anything) and the sales person would pounce immediately asking if i needed assistance. Hmmm, no, if i did i would ask for it !!!
    Yeah, I work on that basis too. If I need help, I'd like an assistant available to ask, but I want to look for myself first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    we're saying which shops we hate, mostly food shops.

We should be Grateful we can afford to buy food. There is people starving in Africa etc.
    Lol. Maccy Ds, BK, etc isn't really food, that's overpriced junk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote:
    Lol. Maccy Ds, BK, etc isn't really food, that's overpriced junk.

No i meant super markets. I don't eat junk, I hate coke as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote:
    Here are a few you won't catch me in:

ASDA - I am not a chav and don't like to slap my back pocket like a prat

Morrisons - do they ever have anything you want in stock?

Co-op - Home of the living dead

Dixons (now called Curry Digital) - the world's most clueless shop staff. Do they actually train their staff on what they are selling?

Matalan - I like my things to last longer than 3 weeks before falling apart

Any others to add to the list?

How can you call ASDA chavs shop?

It is a supermarket selling food and the likes? ASDA has a fabulous variety of beers from all over and in particular fabulous German beers which you used to have to shop in Peckhams or posh wine shops.

Morrisons I agree on - nothing in it.

I would not enter QUIZ or JANE NORMAN or MORGAN for the simple reason tight and revealling - hmmmm also would not venture into H SAMUALS - ERNST JONES etc or would I enter into DOLCIS or
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on a self imposed ban from my local news agents if that counts?

They short changed me by £5 and were very arsey about it. I had spent £30 + week in that shop for the past year (including weekly Oystercard etc) and they weren't even prepared to check at the end of the day if they were up by £5 so told them I would be taking my custom elsewhere - which I have done!
  • Options
    Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would never shop in Aldi, Lidl or the jumble sale that is Tk Maxx.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No i meant super markets. I don't eat junk, I hate coke as well.
    There's still a choice though. No-one's slagging off the fact they get food, just where they get it from. And some supermarkets do sell total rubbish.

To be honest, I prefer smaller stores for meat/veg etc but they're dying out, and you do pay more for it because the supermarkets buy in such bulk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on a self imposed ban from my local news agents if that counts?

They short changed me by £5 and were very arsey about it. I had spent £30 + week in that shop for the past year (including weekly Oystercard etc) and they weren't even prepared to check at the end of the day if they were up by £5 so told them I would be taking my custom elsewhere - which I have done!

What was the newsagents called? You should compalin to the head office.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any high street mobile phone shop.

It's impossible to even look through the window without one of the overweight, suited 30-something year old blokes with spikey hair, bad aftershave and duff ties to come rushing over like demented weebles and ask if I need help.....

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh! I'm walking along the pavement! Do I look like I need help? Cretins. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asda - anything that has been tainted by Sharon Osborne needs burning down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topdoris wrote:

It's impossible to even look through the window without one of the overweight, suited 30-something year old blokes with spikey hair, bad aftershave and duff ties to come rushing over like demented weebles and ask if I need help.....

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh! I'm walking along the pavement! Do I look like I need help? Cretins. :mad:

PMSL :D
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topdoris wrote:

LOL! :D
    So true!!
    I hate that they expect you to buy a phone everytime you go in there, do I look like a millionaire? I'm just browsing, geez. If I needed help, i'd ask for it.
  • Options
    Derek ShineDerek Shine Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Argos and ASDA are both vile shops that I would never go to unless I was desperate.
  • Options
    BundymanBundyman Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    Argos and ASDA are both vile shops that I would never go to unless I was desperate.

I've found shopping is a lot less hassle if you avoid:

Dixons/Currys/PC World. Trying to get things fixed when they go wrong is a nightmare with this company. I know people who have stood outside branches with placards just to try to get their problem fixed.

I haven't bought anything from this company since 1986 when i threatend them with court over a car radio they didn't fix.

Tesco/One Stop: I used to spend lots of money in Tesco, then when i had a problem the store manager & their so called " customer services" lied to me on several occasions while failing to apologise. I will never go in a Tesco again.

Stars News Shops; Rude, unhelpful staff who make it seem like your an inconvience to their day. Then to top it all they decided to do a stock take on a Saturday afternoon on a day England were playing in the cup. The Queue was out of the door & they refused to even apologise

McDonalds:The food is horrible and you always have to wait hours to be served

Post Office: Rude staff and loads of shut counters.

On the plus side Asda is is a really good helpful supermarket & i've always found Comet good for electricals. Just don't buy the warranites

Not a shop, but i'd never have Telewest/NTL either, now Virgin Media. Worst customer service on the planet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bundyman wrote:
    I've found shopping is a lot less hassle if you avoid:

Dixons/Currys/PC World. Trying to get things fixed when they go wrong is a nightmare with this company. I know people who have stood outside branches with placards just to try to get their problem fixed.

I haven't bought anything from this company since 1986 when i threatend them with court over a car radio they didn't fix.

Tesco/One Stop: I used to spend lots of money in Tesco, then when i had a problem the store manager & their so called " customer services" lied to me on several occasions while failing to apologise. I will never go in a Tesco again.

Stars News Shops; Rude, unhelpful staff who make it seem like your an inconvience to their day. Then to top it all they decided to do a stock take on a Saturday afternoon on a day England were playing in the cup. The Queue was out of the door & they refused to even apologiseMcDonalds:The food is horrible and you always have to wait hours to be served

On the plus side Asda is is a really good helpful supermarket & i've always found Comet good for electricals. Just don't buy the warranites

Not a shop, but i'd never have Telewest/NTL either, now Virgin Media. Worst customer service on the planet

Excuse me your saying i'm rude? I work in a stars shop and i am very polite. :eek:
  • Options
    CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topdoris wrote:

But you don't KNOW that you need help until it's offered...... :);)
    And who are you calling overweight? :mad: :D
  • Options
    BundymanBundyman Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    Excuse me your saying i'm rude? I work in a stars shop and i am very polite. :eek:

I'm sure you are, but not at my local one, which is a Spar now anyway. But when it was Stars, there was no-one at the counter, they were filling racks or chatting, then they'd make you wait 2 minutes before coming to serve, then whichever till you'd gone to, they pick another one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bundyman wrote:
    I'm sure you are, but not at my local one, which is a Spar now anyway. But when it was Stars, there was no-one at the counter, they were filling racks or chatting, then they'd make you wait 2 minutes before coming to serve, then whichever till you'd gone to, they pick another one

I think its stupid when shop assistants do that!
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    The Co-op, pound shops (used to be in them all the time but not now :eek:), Sainsbury's (for employing Jamie Oliver) and cut-price shoe shops (the ones round here are sooo chavvy).

TK Maxx - I had to leave in a state of shock. Just so tacky.

Damn, I'm a snob :D

Add Primark to the tacky list! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bundyman wrote:

Oh I agree wholeheartedly with this one!

Aren't they so depressing? Always in dire need of a make-over - the carpet area where you queue looks like a specimen tray, the queues are endless, the staff look like lethargic androids and they seem to have no formal training in customer care. They are unhelpful, grim, depressing places, decorated with out-of-date posters stuck on the walls with yellowing sellotape and the form trays are always empty (so even if you went in there to quickly grab a passport form you end up having to join the queue of grannies waiting for their pensions and chavs cashing their giros).

Queuing up in the post office makes me feel like I am awaiting my execution. You encounter a broad spectrum of society and it is not a pretty picture! I also feel really dirty afterwards. :eek:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ForestChav wrote:
    Which part of the West Midlands is that then? :p

The connurbation of towns to the immediate west of Birmingham would be a simple explantion although the truth is too complicated to explain
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    That'll be West Bromwich and Dudley then.

Not that I would know....not living in Birmingh... er... North Worcester at all.
  • Options
    TheBoingoBanditTheBoingoBandit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asda - Security guard once accused me of shoplifting without any evidence.

M&S - Refused my debit card as the signature strip had slightly worn away. Get chip and pin machines you lazy fuggers!

KFC - Got severe food poisoning there once.
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    'Beaverbrooks Jewellers' - the staff are around you like a magnet the second you walk in (they are where I live anyway) even when you let them know you're just browsing. So I just don't bother going in anymore.. its annoying.
  • Options
    blinginbunniblinginbunni Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a clothes shop near where i live and they always have rap music playing REALLY loudly!! You could hear the music from about 20 miles away!! (Slight exhaduration but it is really loud) I dont go in that shop because whenever i go there i get a horrific headache!!