Options

Jamie's Ministry of Food

Gizmo210688Gizmo210688 Posts: 4,504
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'll be honest, I'm only watching because I'm from Rotherham.

Still, anyone else watching?

Comments

• Options
    Lush_LolaLush_Lola Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am...
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Didn't realise it was on. Should have as I watched JR the other night.
    May take a look on +1

I'm kind of fed up with these types of programs. I don't mind a food program but C4 is ramming these down our throats with Wittingstall, Ramsay and now Oliver doing the same thing.
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got it on, it's good that people are willing to learn how to change their diets and learn about cooking especially the ones with the kids and doing it for them.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I'm watching. I'm going to make the obvious point - people on benefits buying takeaways nearly every night when actually it would be so much cheaper to make it yourself. I also don't understand why people talk about 'learning to cook' - follow a recipe, it's not that difficult. Or am I oversimplifying?
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell did that woman manage to have such a nice cooker while spending over her means on kebabs for her kids?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That woman who said she was 22 - blimey! She really must have had a hard life.
  • Options
    Master LogicMaster Logic Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It certainly pays to have kids when you are getting benefits. When I was on benefits without kids, had I said that my cooker had broken and needed a new one they would have laughed at me and said tough! Leave alone an 8 burner one for someone who never ever cooks! :mad:

Wish I was a woman, I'd lay back, get pregnant (several times by different blokes) and eat take aways every night instead of not having one for at least two years!

I am really doing something wrong in life! :mad:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Wish I was a woman, I'd lay back, get pregnant (several times by different blokes) and eat take aways every night instead of not having one for at least two years!
    Well, we can't all live the dream.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell did that woman manage to have such a nice cooker while spending over her means on kebabs for her kids?

Not by working.

That IS the answer! If you are able to get pregnant, then there is absolutely zero point in working as you will be very poor if you do.

Sad but very true.
  • Options
    80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    I'm watching. I'm going to make the obvious point - people on benefits buying takeaways nearly every night when actually it would be so much cheaper to make it yourself. I also don't understand why people talk about 'learning to cook' - follow a recipe, it's not that difficult. Or am I oversimplifying?

I work and I can't afford takeaway every night, not that I'd feed my children takewaway, I want to feed them properly.

My mum was a sh$t cook, if it wasn't burnt it was raw but I learnt to feed my children properly by watching Jamie O,
    A worral T, Saturday Kitchen and borrowing books from the library.

They don't get gormet but thay get fresh homecooked meals cooked from scratch. They get vegetables with every meal. Honestly how hard is it to steam veg for your children. I think as a parent we HAVE TO learn how to cook properly, or get by at least.

We even have an allotment now and are growing our own, something these women should be doing with their children, getting them involved in the whole process.

£30 a year it costs for the allotment, she must spend double that a week on takeaways
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no excuse that just because their mother did teach them, they won't bother: There are now 100s of hours of TV cooking shows at all levels to teach them and when you are on benefits, you have time to watch them all day long on your 50" wide screen plasma.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    80's chick wrote: »
    I work and I can't afford takeaway every night, not that I'd feed my children takewaway, I want to feed them properly.

My mum was a sh$t cook, if it wasn't burnt it was raw but I learnt to feed my children properly by watching Jamie O,
    A worral T, Saturday Kitchen and borrowing books from the library.

They don't get gormet but thay get fresh homecooked meals cooked from scratch. They get vegetables with every meal. Honestly how hard is it to steam veg for your children. I think as a parent we HAVE TO learn how to cook properly, or get by at least.

We even have an allotment now and are growing our own, something these women should be doing with their children, getting them involved in the whole process.

£30 a year it costs for the allotment, she must spend double that a week on takeaways

Exactly... it's almost like people take pride in feeding their children out of polystyrene boxes. I'm not a great cook, but pretty competent - I just follow the recipes.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was disapointed he apologise to the woman who passed the takeaways through the railings.
    Especially when it turns out she works in a takeaway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is wondering where they would get the money for the ingredients?

Cutting out a take away or two will pay for the whole weeks shopping.
    Maybe down-size the cooker to a normal one and the money saved would feed them for a year!

Good God! Other people without children have to survive on buying and cooking and not take aways - It's her that needs her bloody bubble popped! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    well that lazy bi*ch can see every detail during the cookery shows on that massive tv of hers.

Benefits - we really are having the pi** taken out of us. No one can moan about any foreign person trying to make a life here working their way up from the bottom when we have lazy scroungers like her breeding more lazy scroungers in adidas tracksuits.

makes me sick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh! Jules Oliver is preggers again.
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disapointed he apologise to the woman who passed the takeaways through the railings.

Her story was that school had just started that term to keep all the children in at lunchtime and they didn't have enough food and cooks to cater for all the children due to initial teething problems and the kids were going hungry and she was also taking orders for sandwiches, not just burgers.
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    "Who's going to pay for the ingredients"

The fuc*ing tax payers that's who.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised if it was her chippie where she bought the chips on behalf of the kids at that school.

Tell you what, I wish I had Jamie Oliver coming round here to teach me how to cook meatballs properly! :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have been in houses like that - they have kitchens worth thousands, usually bought on the never-never, but don't use them for cooking.
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think there was 2 and I was thinking I'm 24 and I look a lot younger than they do.
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TYCO wrote: »
    well that lazy bi*ch can see every detail during the cookery shows on that massive tv of hers.

Benefits - we really are having the pi** taken out of us. No one can moan about any foreign person trying to make a life here working their way up from the bottom when we have lazy scroungers like her breeding more lazy scroungers in adidas tracksuits.

makes me sick

Yeah like the Somalis who come here to work hard, that's why 80% of them are unemployed.
    Sorry but not all immigrants are hard working either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't got 2 friends to pass on my meals to. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was her chippie where she bought the chips on behalf of the kids at that school.

Tell you what, I wish I had Jamie Oliver coming round here to teach me how to cook meatballs properly! :D

Me too... I'd take care of his meatballs for him.:o
  • Options
    TetrameshTetramesh Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats what I thought, I'd at another ten years on to her.