Amy ROCKS so far! . . . Don't be des-POND-ant!

poppycodpoppycod Posts: 1,267
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Amy is just getting better and better.

Also 3 loud CHHHHEEEEEEERRRRS for KAren Gillan who is playing the part superbly well.

Amy is beautiful, smart and sensitive - she has helped the Doc triumph.

Certainly my fave assistant of nu-Who.

Comments

• JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppycod wrote: »
    Amy is just getting better and better.

Also 3 loud CHHHHEEEEEEERRRRS for KAren Gillan who is playing the part superbly well.

Amy is beautiful, smart and sensitive - she has helped the Doc triumph.

Certainly my fave assistant of nu-Who.

Oh...good - I'm sure she, like the rest of us, is glad you have had so much to drink tonight :confused:
  • poppycodpoppycod Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pond Lvoe!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    I think she's great :)
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she was as good tonight as she was in the previous two episodes, but that's not really a knock. She's been so good so far, that a bad week just means her performance/character was not as great as she's managed previously.

I still like her character. She's got a certain spunk about her that makes her engaging and she riffs well off Matt Smith. In fact, that last point is what makes her work so well, IMO. Whilst I have liked the other assistants in New-Who, I don't think any of them have had the chemistry with the Doctor that Karen has with Matt. They work well as a pair and that's important when the series only has two regular characters (think about how bad Quantum Leap would have been if Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell didn't have a chemistry between them).
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I don't think she was as good tonight as she was in the previous two episodes, but that's not really a knock. She's been so good so far, that a bad week just means her performance/character was not as great as she's managed previously.

I still like her character. She's got a certain spunk about her that makes her engaging and she riffs well off Matt Smith. In fact, that last point is what makes her work so well, IMO. Whilst I have liked the other assistants in New-Who, I don't think any of them have had the chemistry with the Doctor that Karen has with Matt. They work well as a pair and that's important when the series only has two regular characters (think about how bad Quantum Leap would have been if Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell didn't have a chemistry between them).

What worries me, well "worries" is wrong since it's just a TV Show, but so far...we are being told each episode that there is something amiss with Amy...I'm not sure if this is necessarily good in establishing a new character because clearly part of what we are seeing is incorrect...what is Amy actually like?
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What worries me, well "worries" is wrong since it's just a TV Show, but so far...we are being told each episode that there is something amiss with Amy...I'm not sure if this is necessarily good in establishing a new character because clearly part of what we are seeing is incorrect...what is Amy actually like?

Yes, you are right with that. I don't want Amy to turn out to be a baddie or somehow "messed with" in some way. We want to know Amy and love her as a character travelling with the Doctor. It's disconcerting to think that we may not actually know her and they may drop some bombshell on us, revealing her to be something totally different.

Hopefully, it will all make sense come the end of the season and we won't have been "led up the garden path" re. Amy's character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »

:eek:
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her legs don't quit.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy Pond appreciation - go go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭