2»

Comments

• MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    A gangly-gingger
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would the fact that another person in another place - even if they look the same - is pregnant interfere with that scan?

There's nothing at all to suggest that it's anything other than a simple, real-time scan of the "Amy" in the Tardis - just a techy-sort of ultra-sound - so why would it get confused by the fact that someone else is pregnant?

It's essentially the same person in two different states.

The Silents needed a Flesh machine to build Amy, and they got the humans to make one.

Oh and in A Good Man Goes to War (refers to Rory not the Doctor) the Doctor holds Amy's face in his hands and says “we will find you” - she's stood right in front of him! Well, it's because before this Amy finds out she's not the real one!

The Doctor doesn't need an army to rescue Amy, he's a one man band, but Rory does. He goes all Roman and kicks ass.

Er, this is mainly taken from the Galifrey Base forums btw and I've just pieced it together.
    Forum Member
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    It's essentially the same person in two different states.

No it's not - it's two completely seperate bodies that look alike. There's nothing at all to suggest anything other than that.

They are no more connected in the way you're describing than biological twins would be.
    Forum Member
    Er, this is mainly taken from the Galifrey Base forums

Sounds about right. :rolleyes:

Could you do us a favour. If you're going to include quotes and details from episodes that haven't yet been broadcast, please put them in spoiler quotes and include a warning. Some people don't want to see spoilers and they'd have had no reason to suspect that there'd be any mention of that unbroadcast episode in this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no spoilers there. Its speculation. Here's a proper spolier though:
    There is a clone Amy in the later episodes. So there is a pretty big basis for speculating where she came from
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres two versions of Amy running around - the one we see every week, whose made of a more advanced version of living flesh and the pregnant one, who has been kidnapped.

The scanner is saying that our Amy isn't pregnant but kidnapped Amy is.

The eye patch woman is looking after pregnant Amy, and now and again flesh-Amy can see what the kidnapped Amy can see due to their connection. This also explains why she told the doctor she's pregnant when she wasn't - she can sometimes feel whats happening to other Amy.

The Doctor told her to breathe because kidnapped Amy was in labor, giving birth to the girl in the astronaut suit.

Can I just quote my general awesomeness as being right on the money here :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes you can :D
  • jonnyjackovjonnyjackov Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spooky!

So come on, smart-arse, now explain everthing else:p

Joking aside - I am impressed. Well done you:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I recently noticed the abdomen heartbeat scan in The Hungry Earth in my most recent rewatch of the series. So I started asking questions, too, because I remember The Doctor saying that
    Amy got pregnant on her wedding night.

My theory was, at first, basically "wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey" as the explanation. The TARDIS, the Big Bang, and all of it put together put the gestation time to longer than 9 months. But that was just my answer in the meantime. This is my theory:

After Amy's Choice, Amy and Rory (now knowingly mutually in love) create a baby - the next episode (some time later, to compensate for the time for a fetus to develop a heartbeat, also we know it wasn't immediately after because Amy was expecting to go to Rio) is The Hungry Earth, where a heartbeat is registered in Amy's stomach.

Then: The Big Bang.
    Amy is stuck in the Pandorica, basically in a stasis limbo for nearly 2,000 years, meaning the fetus is, too. Not growing or developing, but not dying either. And The Doctor's plan to restore Amy back to her healthy self just seconds before Roman Rory shot her is a touch of her own living, healthy DNA.

And it works (of course, because The Doctor is a genius).
    But it's only her DNA that is restored. There is a little piece of Rory's DNA inside her uterus, growing into a fetus, that wasn't brought back to life with 1996 Amelia's handprint. So the second that Amy is awoken in the Pandorica, her baby is, essentially, miscarried. And then it's their wedding night and they make a new baby.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently noticed the abdomen heartbeat scan in The Hungry Earth in my most recent rewatch of the series. So I started asking questions, too, because I remember The Doctor saying that
    Amy got pregnant on her wedding night.

My theory was, at first, basically "wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey" as the explanation. The TARDIS, the Big Bang, and all of it put together put the gestation time to longer than 9 months. But that was just my answer in the meantime. This is my theory:

After Amy's Choice, Amy and Rory (now knowingly mutually in love) create a baby - the next episode (some time later, to compensate for the time for a fetus to develop a heartbeat, also we know it wasn't immediately after because Amy was expecting to go to Rio) is The Hungry Earth, where a heartbeat is registered in Amy's stomach.

Then: The Big Bang.
    Amy is stuck in the Pandorica, basically in a stasis limbo for nearly 2,000 years, meaning the fetus is, too. Not growing or developing, but not dying either. And The Doctor's plan to restore Amy back to her healthy self just seconds before Roman Rory shot her is a touch of her own living, healthy DNA.

And it works (of course, because The Doctor is a genius).
    But it's only her DNA that is restored. There is a little piece of Rory's DNA inside her uterus, growing into a fetus, that wasn't brought back to life with 1996 Amelia's handprint. So the second that Amy is awoken in the Pandorica, her baby is, essentially, miscarried. And then it's their wedding night and they make a new baby.

Your theory is interesting but you have forgotten one thing, Rory was eaten by the crack & stopped existing for a time. So Amy couldn't have been pregnant after Hungry Earth, but could have been before. All the wondering about the foetus is irrelevant it couldn't exist in the episodes between the Hungry Earth & Pandorica because it's father didn't exist. It's all much simpler for your theory to be right.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the conversation 11 and River had outside the wedding reception. Bit of flirting then she tells him he is going to find out the truth soon. Some reason she need to apologise "I'm sorry but that's when everything changes". 9 months 3 weeks later at demons run it does.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Your theory is interesting but you have forgotten one thing, Rory was eaten by the crack & stopped existing for a time. So Amy couldn't have been pregnant after Hungry Earth, but could have been before. All the wondering about the foetus is irrelevant it couldn't exist in the episodes between the Hungry Earth & Pandorica because it's father didn't exist. It's all much simpler for your theory to be right.

Depends on how Time flows around the changes. We know that it sometimes modifies events to minimise the impact on the future, and that sometime that means that some things remain that don't make any sense, like a duckpond with no ducks, or the picture of Amy and Rory at a party, where he's just a face in the crowd. Amy could still have had a fling with someone at some stage.

But I think that's a very complicated theory to explain around a simple stylistic choice. A simpler explanation might be their comments about removing their prisoner's 'ape bacteria' - we have literally trillions of those things in our stomachs.