Giant mad swan on the loose.

Rogelio_Del_TorRogelio_Del_Tor Posts: 405
Forum Member
Was in the town park earlier and he came at me out the blue - was after my corned beef sarnies.

Managed to fend him off for a bit but he kept coming until we ended up rolling down an enbankment in tandem.

Comments

• RowieboyRowieboy Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Careful they can break your arm you know!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Who won?
  • Rogelio_Del_TorRogelio_Del_Tor Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Rowieboy wrote: »

I know!

Ordinarily I would have given them sandwiches but I thought - "no! Why should I?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should have had cheese.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like when they hiss! It's quite intimidating.
    Forum Member
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    Who won?

Well after he chased me across the bandstand, I quickly slipped an attendant a fiver to let me go in a pedalo.

Was making my way across the lake in the centre of the park - turned back and the swan was still coming at me! (not in a pedalo)
    Forum Member
    You should have had cheese.

I always make corned beef when I'm going away.
  • KidshaleenKidshaleen Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Rowieboy wrote: »

That is just a myth. The only way a swan could break your arm is if it fell on it from 40,000 feet
  • KidshaleenKidshaleen Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Well after he chased me across the bandstand, I quickly slipped an attendant a fiver to let me go in a pedalo.

Was making my way across the lake in the centre of the park - turned back and the swan was still coming at me! (not in a pedalo)

Jeez !! I f you didn't have bad luck , you wouldn't have any!
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kidshaleen wrote: »
    That is just a myth. The only way a swan could break your arm is if it fell on it from 40,000 feet

Yes, swans prefer to drown their victims..

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/killer-swan-blamed-mans-drowning-120835237--abc-news-topstories.html
    Forum Member
    Kidshaleen wrote: »

Hmm, I wish I had known that earlier.

I was making my getaway through the tennis courts and thought I'd lost him until I saw him out the corner of my eye hissing at a young girl and her mother who had ice creams.
    Forum Member
    I would have stepped in if it hadn't been for some other swans backing him up.
  • CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Was in the town park earlier and he came at me out the blue - was after my corned beef sarnies.

Managed to fend him off for a bit but he kept coming until we ended up rolling down an enbankment in tandem.

I was making my getaway through the tennis courts and thought I'd lost him until I saw him out the corner of my eye hissing at a young girl and her mother who had ice creams.

Reminds me of Jackanory
    Forum Member
    Cruachan wrote: »
    Reminds me of Jackanory

Thanks buddy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member

So, you attempted escape by entering the swan's natural habitat?

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it had come after you in a pedalo, this would have been the thread of the decade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now I'm totally disappointed :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always make corned beef when I'm going away.

Are you running away to join the circus?
    Forum Member
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    So, you attempted escape by entering the swan's natural habitat?

:D

I panicked. The swan had reared up on it's hind legs and was coming at me.
    Forum Member
    Are you running away to join the circus?

Maybe, the main reason is I owe money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You were in the park? I waited for ages in Paris :mad:
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    You were in the park? I waited for ages in Paris :mad:

I only got as far as the park sorry, we never arranged a date did we??
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Now I'm totally disappointed :(

me too, especially as I read in a pedalo first time round :(

I sometimes go and take photos of swans at a countryside park near my home, I read somewhere that instead of bread you should give them leafy greens so I took along a bag of tesco's finest garden salad, after flinging some lettuce at them in the water I waited expectantly with my camera to take photos of happy swans instead I got huffy swans swimming as fast as they could to the other side of the lake where little kids were waiting with bread bags full of sliced dry white tesco's cheapest :o