Missed my rescheduled ATOS appointment

CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need somebody to come with during an ATOS appointment as my nerves and shyness and discomfort means it's pretty much impossible for me to attend alone.

Unfortunately the people and family I know work so it's been almost impossible to find someone to come with me. Had to reschedule the first appointment but the second one today was interrupted by work commitments of the family member who was going to come with me.

She tried to reschedule again but they refused and as I am unable to attend by myself I had to miss this second one.

What I want to know is what will happen next? Will they just stop my benefit? Will I have a chance to make another appointment? Would I need to appeal? This is freaking me out as much as the appointment itself.

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit late now, but did you ask for a Home Visit?

http://www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants/faq_view/11
    Please be aware that if we do not receive the information prior to the appointment that has been arranged for you, or a home visit is not authorised, you will be expected to attend the appointment. If you do not attend your ESA appointment, you will be sent a form (BF223) asking why you did not attend to forward in an addressed envelope to the Jobcentre office dealing with your claim. If they accept ‘good cause’ for not attending the appointment, they may refer your case back to Atos Healthcare to arrange a further appointment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you have nerves and shyness and discomfort? Are you getting some treatment for this?
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit late now, but did you ask for a Home Visit?

http://www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants/faq_view/11

Didn't know there was a home visit. I still need someone with me though.
    Thanks for the info.
    Hopefully I have good cause as the reason I couldn't attend is partly the reason I qualified for ESA in the first place. But then again this is ATOS I don't trust them. Which doesn't help me in dealing with this stuff.
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Why do you have nerves and shyness and discomfort? Are you getting some treatment for this?

Yeah I'm on medication for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Didn't know there was a home visit. I still need someone with me though.
    Thanks for the info.
    Hopefully I have good cause as the reason I couldn't attend is partly the reason I qualified for ESA in the first place. But then again this is ATOS I don't trust them. Which doesn't help me in dealing with this stuff.

Yeah I'm on medication for it.

Is it working?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Do you have a key worker? Could you ask them to attend with you?
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a key worker no. I've been getting help from my family. As to details of my issues I won't go into them as they are not relevent to my original question.
  • Natuk80Natuk80 Posts: 11,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing to add really, as koantemplation gave you some good information/advice.

I had an ESA Medical Assessment last July and I had my mum with me. I was in the medical just over 25 minute. I was mainly asked questions about my disabilities etc. I was placed in the ESA Work-Related Activity Group and I wish I appeal now to get into the Support Group. I got 30 points, you need to get 15 points to pass the ESA Medical. (I think).

I wish you good luck CBFreak.