BBC Alba delayed football match because of swearing

2»

Comments

• StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For SKY & BBC multi Camera / Microphone coverage, I would usually balance & group the 16+ static Directional mics onto Left, Centre, Right ..... Mono Groups, and Group favour where the action was.

The middle low floor mounted camera would have a very directional mic attached, following the action.

And....... every camera would have it's own mic too !!!

There would be an overall fixed Stereo pair looking at the pitch / opposite crowd.

Crowd FX were Stereo on a separate Group.

And of course Dolby Surround etc...
  • wal28wal28 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For what it is worth I have watched some of the BBC Alba games from the SPFL shown on tape-delay and interestingly the programme guide notes often state: "This programme contains strong language".

That always struck me as an odd thing to say about gaelic but perhaps they have been mindful of this problem in the past and been hauled over the coals hence the rider in the description of the problem.

I would say that one person yelling bad language at a match that is maybe less well attended than some of the others that are televised is perhaps a potential cause for this?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    I remember listening to 5 Live and them having to apologise for the bad language being picked up. It was eerily silent in the background during the second half :D

BT Sport had to apologise for the bad language last week at the Arsenal v Liverpool game when at the end they decided to do an OB outside the ground. Fans could be heard making a lot of noise but I certainly couldn't understand what they were chanting.