Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite happy with #6.

There's your top 10 single, signed, sealed and delivered.

I am now going to the track window to redeem my winning race ticket for Win, Place or Show for Little Mix's Salute out of the Syco stable. I had faith in that filly.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super happy with #6! Well done girls. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were ahead of Mr. Probz by 1k coming into Fri. So I bet they just got edged out at the end. Strong performance by the song all week.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is at #32 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    The album is at #32 :)

The album has never left the top 100 in its entire life so far.

Salute chart run
    Chart Run: 74-51-35-40-24-6
  • TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #6 post album is excellent! :) Not everyone likes it here but it obviously broke well out of the fan base to achieve that chart position. I still think it could have been #1 as a lead or follow up single. U.S.A. next. Please don't blow it Columbia!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh they will. I cant tell if Columbia will send anything more to radio based on the lack of signs of life on their part. Besides LM wont be in the US until Sept.

The least they could do is offer the EP for sale in the US. I dont know why they havent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess who got added. http://www.capitalfm.com/on-air/playlist/

They just played Salute a few minutes ago. This is great, LM will have another hit to perform at the Summertime Ball next week.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, so, so glad that this song has performed so well. It deserved it, probably one of three/four songs that had a worthy hook. I will thumb my nose at naysayers for a while yet :p.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a live blog of the 103.3 AMP concert. LM just got interviewed.
    http://1033ampradio.cbslocal.com/amp-birthday-bash-live-blog/

Are they up next?
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like Austin is on now, maybe they're next
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah after him its just LM and Iggy A to finish.

It doesnt look very full in that stadium.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yeah after him its just LM and Iggy A to finish.

It doesnt look very full in that stadium.
    Eh, it's a full hour drive from Boston for 3 hours of daytime music with no massive headliner, and it's an absolutely massive (American) football stadium. I'm not too surprised.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very pleased with #6 and that it came close to #5, bang on what I thought it could do :) The girls have done a really good job promoting it. Hopefully the lead single for the next album is super catchy.

It really emphasises to me the importance of a big showy performance at X Factor or BGT. It would be great if Columbia released it in the US - if the 3rd album does get delayed perhaps they would release it in the Autumn around the tour.
    Guess who got added. http://www.capitalfm.com/on-air/playlist/

They just played Salute a few minutes ago. This is great, LM will have another hit to perform at the Summertime Ball next week.

Salute's been on the Capital playlist for a while though. Unless you're meaning another song that I've not spotted?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh. I thought it hadnt been, but just been played.

This just popped up on Twitter

RADIO DISNEY ‏@radiodisney 2m
    .@littlemix is taking over our Twitter on Tuesday! Send your questions for the girls using #RDAskLittleMix!

I guess they're squeezing in some promotion after the Today Show.

Little Mix is on at 5 PM local time.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People seem to be enjoying them a great deal from Twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they're on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that this twenty something year old guy next to me is jumping around and singing along with Little Mix

There's some decent pics over at #AMPBirthdayBash
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did How Ya Doin a cappella.

https://vine.co/v/MI1EJ1IWvLA
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love that Little Mix top 10 hits are either #1 #3 or #6 :D

Happy that they got another top 10 single. The song is still pretty meh to me though.

Also they really need to get another #1 soon. As they haven't had one for two years and they are suposidly the "Biggest Girlband in the World"
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute's been on the Capital playlist for a while though. Unless you're meaning another song that I've not spotted?
    Yeah, it's been there for a good month or so now, but I have noticed that they seem to be playing it a lot more now that it's charted high. I even heard one of the remixes last night (which was quite awful. :p).

'Salute' is holding up a lot better than I expected it to on iTunes; it's still number #10 (discounting instant grat Ed), even with the new entries flooding in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok @LittleMix killed it, esp with that acoustic of how ya doin #AMPBirthdayBash

See? Finally they're putting in something to show off their voices…like we've been saying all along.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been doing boy though
  • LinzthephotogLinzthephotog Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I love the vid of how ya doing. Hopefully a longer video will make its way onto YouTube.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on the rest of their set list? Still love the HYD acoustic and encouraged to see they have performed Boy. Just hope they haven't messed about performing medleys & Word Up.
This discussion has been closed.