Thoughts on Tyrone's girlfriend Kirsty?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I think it's telling that she's said that she's never had a proper relationship. Wonder why?
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she actually a policewomen ? Is the twist that she isnt at all and she is just a crazy bunny boiler ! We have no proof she is realy a policewomen.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    she does remind me of Cheryl in looks, sometimes I'm sitting there wondering why Cheryls dating Tyrone!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although nothing has been suggested in the media, I keep hoping that Minnie will come back and become Tyrone's girlfriend. She would bring out the best of his fun side and sense of humour. I keep feeling as though Kirsty is merely filling the gap until Minnie returns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although nothing has been suggested in the media, I keep hoping that Minnie will come back and become Tyrone's girlfriend. She would bring out the best of his fun side and sense of humour. I keep feeling as though Kirsty is merely filling the gap until Minnie returns.

who's minnie

i cant remember her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    ian2439 wrote: »
    who's minnie

i cant remember her

A friend of Amber's who worked in the kebab shop. She was also briefly a friend of Rosie's. She just disappeared as she was never a real cast member.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyrone has to get with Fiz!... They are made for another
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    Tyrone has to get with Fiz!... They are made for another

ooh I like your thinking!!!!
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    I think they may be making her a slow burn female baddie
  • Lindsey TLindsey T Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I just dont like her at all, I think she will turn out to be a nutter, not a policewoman, and has some nasty history.
    Makes for a good storyline though, but i'm like others - want to see Tyrone happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they may be making her a slow burn female baddie

Based on what exactly?

In this thread I've seen her refered to as evil, nasty and manipulative by one poster and assertive by another...Oh and controlling by another. All I'm asking is why? give examples of such behaviour please.

I agree with her being assertive, but how many police officer's are not assertive?

Didn't Kirsty show her police badge to Tina that time in the pub, when Tina left the note on Kirsty's car and the back light had been smashed, and Kirsty was going to take the matter further?

I think the point that I'm trying to make here is that she's no worse than Tina, no one on here has said anything negative about that. Also who else doesn't she get on with apart from Tina?
    Forum Member
    charmedend wrote: »
    Based on what exactly?

In this thread I've seen her refered to as evil, nasty and manipulative by one poster and assertive by another...Oh and controlling by another. All I'm asking is why? give examples of such behaviour please.

I agree with her being assertive, but how many police officer's are not assertive?

Didn't Kirsty show her police badge to Tina that time in the pub, when Tina left the note on Kirsty's car.

I think the point that I'm trying to make here is that she's no worse than Tina, no one on here has said anything negative about that. Also who else doesn't she get on with apart from Tina?

Didn't you see friday's episodes?

Her behaviour was unacceptable, possessive and controlling. She forced Tyrone to set down rules for Tina in his house. She came off as very controlling. I don't know if it was just a one off, but if it wasn't that is worrying behaviour for any relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why cant we just have a nice person, we don't need anymore, feisty, assertive females for goodness sake
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I did see Fridays episode.

No it wasn't....she said her opinion and Tyrone took her opinion on board. Are you saying that people are not allowed an opinion within a relationship?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on what exactly?

Didn't Kirsty show her police badge to Tina that time in the pub, when Tina left the note on Kirsty's car and the back light had been smashed, and Kirsty was going to take the matter further?

She is jealous of Tina and for no reason, the bit about the towel was silly as Tina wears shorter skirts than that towel which was nearly full length.

I had a friend who had a girlfriend who appeared to everyone to be very nice but one person in the group of friends she took against and it took a long time before anyone believed this one person that the girl was no good, it ended up with the girl having a knife against my friends throat in the kitchen as she was a very insecure jealous lady, and my friend is a police officer and she conned him and totally manipulated him in to her way of things.

I get the feeling that this story could go one way or the other, she will either turn out to be really nice and this is just the writers getting it a bit wrong in the way she comes over , or she will turn out to be a total mad woman , but I dont see it being a middle of the road storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    She is jealous of Tina and for no reason, the bit about the towel was silly as Tina wears shorter skirts than that towel which was nearly full length.

I had a friend who had a girlfriend who appeared to everyone to be very nice but one person in the group of friends she took against and it took a long time before anyone believed this one person that the girl was no good, it ended up with the girl having a knife against my friends throat in the kitchen as she was a very insecure jealous lady, and my friend is a police officer and she conned him and totally manipulated him in to her way of things.

I get the feeling that this story could go one way or the other, she will either turn out to be really nice and this is just the writers getting it a bit wrong in the way she comes over , or she will turn out to be a total mad woman , but I dont see it being a middle of the road storyline.

Sorry about your friend, I hope that everythings ok now.

I honestly don't think she's jealous of Tina....I think that she doesn't like Tina end of. Which I think is a bit silly because they could be mates, they are quite similar people.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry about your friend, I hope that everythings ok now.

I honestly don't think she's jealous of Tina....I think that she doesn't like Tina end of. Which I think is a bit silly because they could be mates, they are quite similar people.

Oh my friends fine, it was a few eyars back now and he was big and ugly enough to look after himself, but it was still a shock to him.

Maybe the writers havent actually decided yet and will see how viewers take to the character.
  • TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the red flag from the first few episoids,how ever I was somewhat thrown when she said she was a police officer-don't ask me why, it just struck me as less likely she was crazy and more likely I had missed somthing-. I think she will definatly be a bunny boiler, and is a bully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hated her the moment she arrived - nothing's changed! Maybe it's just me but I had bad vibes about her straight away. Same with Frank!
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be gutted if she turns out to be a baddie. I was enjoying someone standing up to Tina, who I generally find surly and unpleasant.
    Tina is quite a bossy, know-it-all, herself, so I'll be disappointed if it turns out she was right about Kirsty all along, when she was in the wrong over the whole car business.
    Forum Member
    dickronson wrote: »
    I'm going to be gutted if she turns out to be a baddie. I was enjoying someone standing up to Tina, who I generally find surly and unpleasant.
    Tina is quite a bossy, know-it-all, herself, so I'll be disappointed if it turns out she was right about Kirsty all along, when she was in the wrong over the whole car business.

Same for me. I liked Kirsty, and liked her bringing Tina down a peg. But I didn't like her behaviour on friday and if it continues then Tyrone has a problem.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't like his girlfriend, she is far too bossy.
    Maybe I am wrong but she could turn out to be a bunny boiler so to speak.
    Her and Tyrone just don't go. As much as I can't even stand his mum. she needs to come back and sort her out. :D
    Now there's a thought
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    Same for me. I liked Kirsty, and liked her bringing Tina down a peg. But I didn't like her behaviour on friday and if it continues then Tyrone has a problem.

Yeah it sucks. I was hoping she was going to be a nice normal girl who built up tyrones confidence, perhaps one day got the opportunity to knock back someone considered more of a 'catch' than him in front of everyone (particularly Kevin) or something.....
    Sighs. Still, far more enjoyable to go down the realistic route, and make her a raging, evil nut job eh?
    Forum Member
    Maybe she'll calm down and be a good girlfriend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always thought she was a bit odd, the acting isn't great either! I like Tyrone he always seems to end up with a girl with issues