Options

two week family holiday christmas time

dan_blamiresdan_blamires Posts: 1,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, I need to go on a family hol, 2 weeks (school christmas hols) one 6 year old one 2 year old me and my beautiful wife. Budget £5-10k. We normally holiday in the summer but havent this year so its christmas Instead. Love to hear any suggestions hot/ cold short/ long haul. im looking for inspiration. Tell me what family hols you have enjoyed at christmas time. Im not a dubai or vegas type of man.

No travel section. Maybe better in advice, I shall leave that to the forum to decide.

Comments

• Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they are 6 now.
    I suggest a country where women are required to cover themselves from head to toe. This will ensure that arguments between you and your wife are minimised.
    I hear Afghanistan is lovely.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    So you'll happily spend an imaginary 5-10k on a two week imaginary holiday but not on getting a better grade of education for your imaginary daughter? Or even take her once or twice a week to imaginary dance or acting classes because they're not free?

Oh and I think the forum has already decided about you...
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    how about North Korea
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Hi, I need to go on a family hol, 2 weeks (school christmas hols) one 6 year old one 2 year old me and my beautiful wife. Budget £5-10k. We normally holiday in the summer but havent this year so its christmas Instead. Love to hear any suggestions hot/ cold short/ long haul. im looking for inspiration. Tell me what family hols you have enjoyed at christmas time. Im not a dubai or vegas type of man.

No travel section. Maybe better in advice, I shall leave that to the forum to decide.

I'm going to alert this for it to be moved to Advice :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the op say they have little disposable income? I'm surprised they can afford this, hope they aren't borrowing the money.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    tealady wrote: »
    Didn't the op say they have little disposable income? I'm surprised they can afford this, hope they aren't borrowing the money.

Don't worry. It's all pretend. ;)
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The moon is lovely at Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For tax reasons I need some time out of the country. This is basically a free hol. Yes daughter is 6. You have heard of birthdays and how you get one year older? So destinations?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    The moon is lovely at Christmas.

or Bajor (sorry the trekkie in me coudn't resist) you will need a fast ship though, try and see if the enterprise is available to take you there :p

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Bajor

just in case OP has no idea what Bajor is ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    For tax reasons I need some time out of the country. This is basically a free hol. Yes daughter is 6. You have heard of birthdays and how you get one year older? So destinations?

I thought your daughter was 5 before? You should keep your stories straight for good continuity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    I thought your daughter was 5 before? You should keep your stories straight for good continuity.

i dont think the op knows her age
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are going to spend £10k to save £10k? How does this tax thing work then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was 5 going on 6 before.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Florida at Christmas time is lovely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. The number 5 comes before the number 6. The 6th birthday follows the 5th birthday. Does that explain it for you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Florida at Christmas time is lovely

It crossed my mind. Do you mean the theme parks? Is it hot?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe safari, I like barbados, and south africa.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how about North Korea

I would love to visit there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It crossed my mind. Do you mean the theme parks? Is it hot?

Not just theme parks, but anywhere.. its hot but not as hot as it gets there in the summer. Just right and not to uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just theme parks, but anywhere.. its hot but not as hot as it gets there in the summer. Just right and not to uncomfortable.

What sort of things did you do? Orlando or miami?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    This thread should be in advice, Ive alerted the mods.... back at ya!!!!
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Going on a two weeks holiday has no impact on your tax legal obligations. Unless of course your planning on holidaying in the land of make believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going on a two weeks holiday has no impact on your tax legal obligations. Unless of course your planning on holidaying in the land of make believe.

Im not going into details. But if you are british resident but spend alot of time working abroad you can reclaim income tax.
  • Options
    fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to be working abroad for 6 months of the year, and show evidence for the entire 6 months to be working with tax records.

A 2 week holiday will not count :)

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of things did you do? Orlando or miami?

Depends on what you are looking for. I went to see the manatees and non touristy places.