Madonna - Celebration New single - Full Leak!!!

2»

Comments

• Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of songs that won't make it onto the album, does anyone else remember "The Look Of Love" from the Who's That Girl soundtrack. I'm pretty sure it was a single here in the UK but I could be wrong.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of songs that won't make it onto the album, does anyone else remember "The Look Of Love" from the Who's That Girl soundtrack. I'm pretty sure it was a single here in the UK but I could be wrong.:confused:

It was indeed a UK single. Christmas 1987 (I think!). But I do remember it broke her run of consecutive Top 5 hits in the U.K. Think it peaked at No.9 if memory serves.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    It's fantastic, sounds very 80s madonna this will defo go no.1, it's like hung up
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, but I don't love it. It is like her 80's work which I'm not so big on. I like her later work better.
    I don't think it's as catchy and unique as Hung Up. It could be by any dance artist.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    Its because she has had so many! 67 singles in the UK alone. There is only space for 36 on the double disk Greatest Hits whereas the 1 disk addition will only contian 18! :eek::(

She should have made the GH 3 disks. I will be so annoyed if This Used To Be My Playground, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Dress You Up, Causing a Commotion, Dear Jessie and I want You don't get a look in but I know there won't be space for them and that is despite This Used To Be My Playground, True Blue and Who's That Girl all being #1 singles.

But I respect she can't leave the die hard classics like Material Girl, Express Yourself, Into The Groove and Papa Don't preach off.

Yeah should of been a tripple disk/box set of 50/60 songs, especially as this will be the 3rd Greatist Hits. So should/could of been made as the ultimate Madonna Hits collection.

Shame seems very lazy to me :confused::( :mad:
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this actually been released?

I've read on some sites that it's available to download from iTunes but I can't find it. :confused:
    Forum Member
    think it's only in the U.S, cause I can't find it on uk iTunes, any news if she's planning on doing any promotion over here I.e chat shows cause it is her last cd to be released from Warner.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Really pleased to see 'You'll See' get a mention. It's one of her most gorgeous tracks, but one that seems like nobody has heard of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Achtung wrote: »
    Has this actually been released?

I've read on some sites that it's available to download from iTunes but I can't find it. :confused:

It has been available on some of the International I-Tunes sites for about a week now. It doesn't seem to be performing very well though. At the moment it is only at #35 (and falling) on I-Tunes USA, #47 on I-Tunes Australia and #24 on I-Tunes Ireland. Hopefully things will pick up when it starts getting some airplay and when the video drops.
    Forum Member
    heard it be avalible in the 14th???

Any news on a video ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delboy85 wrote: »
    It has been available on some of the International I-Tunes sites for about a week now. It doesn't seem to be performing very well though. At the moment it is only at #35 (and falling) on I-Tunes USA, #47 on I-Tunes Australia and #24 on I-Tunes Ireland. Hopefully things will pick up when it starts getting some airplay and when the video drops.

I suppose it'll get a normal release too i.e. a CD release in the music shops?

I think it's a brilliant song - much better than anything on Hard Candy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Achtung wrote: »
    I suppose it'll get a normal release too i.e. a CD release in the music shops?

I think it's a brilliant song - much better than anything on Hard Candy.

I'm not a big fan of Hard Candy, but that is much better than this. At least on HC, she tried to do something a little different than usual and took chances. This is very paint by numbers idea of what a Madonna record is. It's obvious she didn't put much work in it.

Madonna is very focused on touring now and she is a great live performer, but she really needs to put more effort into her songwriting and recording. She has written great songs like Like A Prayer, Live to Tell and Ray of Light. I'd like to see her be a more serious artist again, and not so focused on fun dance music.
    Her next album is very important, being her first with Live Nation. I hope she puts out something amazing and a little different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I really like it. Sounds just like something that could have come off her 'Confessions' album, which is a very good thing. I prefer Madonna with this type of music, not the RnB style of 'Hard Candy',
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iHelix wrote: »
    I really like it. Sounds just like something that could have come off her 'Confessions' album, which is a very good thing. I prefer Madonna with this type of music, not the RnB style of 'Hard Candy',

I love Confessions, too. It's one of my favourite records by her. But I don't think Celebration is anywhere near as good as the songs on Confessions. Confessions was done by Stuart Price who is amazing. Paul Oakenfold who produced this is a dj who doesn't really know how to do original songs.
    I don't like her doing R&B either, but Celebration isn't really good dance music. The production seems a little dated to me, like it's stuck in the 90's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as throwaway pop records go though this is really good and it has that Madonna 80s vibe to it.
  • SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE IT!
    But then, I love EVERYTHING she's ever released so it's really no surprise to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the video will premiere on Channel 4 on Friday 28th August.

Has the song actually been sent to radio yet? I keep reading that it has but I haven't heard it on the radio yet and I don't see it on the radio 1 playlist.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delboy85 wrote: »
    I believe the video will premiere on Channel 4 on Friday 28th August.

Has the song actually been sent to radio yet? I keep reading that it has but I haven't heard it on the radio yet and I don't see it on the radio 1 playlist.

It's been played on Galaxy in my area, I heard it on Friday afternoon.
    Forum Member
    What date is the GH out again?
  • SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    What date is the GH out again?

Sept 28th.
  • NoNoDramaNoNoDrama Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The links in this thread take me to a remixed version of Like a Virgin!! This is a complete new song isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    The links in this thread take me to a remixed version of Like a Virgin!! This is a complete new song isn't it?

Yes - try this link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T4K4KqO5L8&feature=PlayList&p=4C7C94B22A0555B1&index=0&playnext=1
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it, but thats no surprise. I actually prefer the Benny Bennasi mix to the original...its got much more modern edge to it. :)