Options

Ashes To Ashes Series 3 Speculation Thread (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    CarlosVela wrote: »

And lol @ Shaz's comment before they all saw the stars r.e the 1950's, anyone want to bet that it was a massive red herring?

No, I don't. I think
    Alex has found the truth.

And I think it's what Sam discovered before he disappeared. And no Bolly will disappear. I think Gene will shoot Bolly, and then she'll wake up in 2010, and we won't know what happens to Gene etc.

I think Gene did mean to shoot Bolly at the end of series 2, but for some reason she didn't stay in modern times - it was too soon and she didn't know the truth? Maybe Gene thought the Somers character was what she was needing but he wasn't. Somehow when they find out the truth, they can go home, and Gene helps them pass back by killing their constructs. Gene is dead and this is his world.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    ****ing hell! Sam's back! (at least, in some form)
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a brilliant episode!!! At last Gene and Bolly away to kiss and would you adam and eve it some buggar had to go and knock at the door and interupt them. Lol
    Yes I think there was a message with "True" and "Victims." And the stars and the scarecrow. God I can't wait until next friday night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    pardon the pun but it was a dead ringer!

Haha!!!

This week just created a load more questions. Helluva lot to resolve next week! This next week is going to feel like an eternity!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    That was brilliant!!! I can't wait till next week now. I thought last week they wouldn't actually kiss, ever since I think it was Matt or Ashleigh said about true I've been playing it far too much.

I loved after Chris's LOM moment when they were all discussing what was going on it reminded me of us. And I hadn;t thought they heard the music and nelson I thought only we did. Hmmm.

Next week is going to have to be amazing now to top that
  • Options
    benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    at the end when ray sazz and chris saw the stars swirling around them but where looking behind them was that stars too or something else
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh lordy. I turned into Gene Hunt for a moment then after the almost-kiss. It was like *knock at the door* "BASTARD!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kept having to remind myself to BREATHE towards the end. GAH this show is so amazing. I have no words.

I will be disappointed if there is no Alex/Gene lip locking by the end of the series but I am not so sure now. So damn close :p:D
  • Options
    Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ****ing hell! Sam's back! (at least, in some form)

Sam!!!!!:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brillant episode!!!
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so chris has his lom moment and heard nelson

why would shaz hear it though she never met nelson? she didnt seem that confused by it either

i knew it wasnt gene in the picture well i dont think so and i also knew he didnt kill sam(well hoping!)

i always thought he helped him in some way but it looked dodgy

lets hope maybe they all wake up next week and everythings fine but i doubt it

i think shaz ray and chris are trapped in genes world and wont get out
  • Options
    VellumVellum Posts: 6,825
    Forum Member
    No, I don't. I think Alex has found the truth.

And I think it's what Sam discovered before he disappeared. And no Bolly will disappear. I think Gene will shoot Bolly, and then she'll wake up in 2010, and we won't know what happens to Gene etc.

I think Gene did mean to shoot Bolly at the end of series 2, but for some reason she didn't stay in modern times - it was too soon and she didn't know the truth? Maybe Gene thought the Somers character was what she was needing but he wasn't. Somehow when they find out the truth, they can go home, and Gene helps them pass back by killing their constructs

Hi, thats such a convincing theory it should probably have had spoiler tags.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or did that hour only seem to last ten minutes?:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    ellie1167 wrote: »
    Now that's a twist I like.

I would like this, no one would see it coming
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an emotional episode that was !!!

And it epitomised whats so great about this show, great ensemble piece, sympathetic characters and a a genuinely great hero.

When it doesn't go too OTT and become a caricature of itself this is one seriously fantastic show.

Nearly shed a manly tear a couple of times during this episode and to be honest if the whole thing ended with Gene and Bols dancing together I would have been happy.

Hope next week is a great pay off. LOM was great but the somewhat ambiguous ending left you a bit emotionally dry at the time...hope they can improve with this one.
  • Options
    Indigo_19Indigo_19 Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh words cannot express how much I hate Keats, what a c*ck blocker...

Anyway, I am really curious to what these stars actually mean? And was Gene lying all along?

Brilliant episode that raised more questions than answers tbh.
  • Options
    LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking at that weather vane again, and I don't think it is Time/the Grim Reaper. There's no scythe. It looks more like a mediaeval peasant weighed down by the large pack on his back. Illustrating the baggage they've all carried into A2A world?
  • Options
    Lunatic DreyfusLunatic Dreyfus Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it doesn't have a horrible ending, I don't want Gene to be a baddie!

Oh I hope he is. It'd be a belter of an ending, and subvert his cult status... :cool:

I reckon they'll play safe and make Keats the Big Baddie, which is too easy in my opinion.
  • Options
    ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Hello. wrote: »
    Oh lordy. I turned into Gene Hunt for a moment then after the almost-kiss. It was like *knock at the door* "BASTARD!"

Lol.. I said exactly the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lions, scarecrows, tinmen(Keats) and a girl a long way from home.......................................A2A is just an extended trailer for Over the Rainbow.

Do you think it will end with a cartoon Graham Norton ruining it? :p

I think if there are Wizard of Oz connections then when Alex wakes up (presuming this is her world, it might not be), we'll have all the characters as hospital worker/patients.

That scarecrow also reminded me of the League of Gentleman scarecrow :eek:

I love the fact that this is keeping us guessing until the very end. Predictable it ain't :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Oh wow!
    What a fantastic episode.

I think now that the end is going to be something completely different to what we're expecting and we're not going to get all the answers but, what an awesome ride it's been!

Friday nights just won't be the same without the Gene Genie.
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that bugged me about that episode was that I didn't care at all about the plot of the murdering going on - I just wanted to see the Ashes to Ashes characters talk - which they did a lot!

Oh, and I now hate that continuity man who said earlier in the day to watch Ashes to Ashes to see Gene and Alex finally kiss...
  • Options
    nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope the ending wont be like the american one :(

Anyway, when Alex hears the news of the body, I think she thought the body was that of the police man she sees, who I reckon is Gene, deffo think Sam is coming back :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Vellum wrote: »
    Hi, thats such a convincing theory it should probably have had spoiler tags.

Ok, sorry, I've amended it so do you want to change your quote bit?
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope the ending wont be like the american one :(

I don't think they would dare
This discussion has been closed.