In the closet gay celebs! Who are they?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    PokeyOaks wrote: »
    We might not be thinking about the same posts here, but if it involves public toilets at a train station then I can advise you that it is true, tawdry as that may be! :)

Oh crossed wires there, we're definitely talking about different posts.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect most gay rumours are based more on wishful thinking than fact, but I still read them. I wish there were more celabrity lesbeans. :(

and I love the pic of the 2 Barcelona players having a cuddle in the car park. It is maybe just a bromance not a romance, but it is still very cute.
    Forum Member
    Oh why can't you add to posts on here?!
    :mad:

Anyway, had to do a new one and yes I remember PokeyOak posting that item ages ago and it is a completely different person to who I am talking about. P.O seems to have got my posts confused. PokeyOak is referring to the Manchester area and an inhabitant from there.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skribbleuk wrote: »
    Im not sure where they started but there is a documentary Louis Theroux did where he met and hung out with Max Clifford and Cowell featured in it and practically admitted that stories about his love life were made up and planted , all the while Max is talking about gay celebrities nudge nudge wink wink. Its also interesting because Cowell seems to be at Max's beck and call with a very different persona than we usually see. Without wanting to label anyone if Id have to guess I would say he came accross as quite camp.

Very interesting documentary though it seems to have been buried a fair bit and quite hard to get a hold of.

I remember this doc. It was made when Simon's career was just taking off. In one scene he tells Louis that Max was "burying" a story about his love life.....

Never doubted the gay stories since...
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    There's been a recent report doing the news site rounds: Homophobia is "rife" in modern society.

Is it any wonder? When influential people like Cowell play games with sexuality it simply reinforces the cliched belief that it is wrong and shameful.

Prejudice and bigotry is supposedly on the wane, but that report totally contradicts that. Maybe if a few more successful people made a stand that would change. What Gareth Thomas did last year was incredibly brave, especially considering the sport he plays in.

PS. I used to live across the road from Doc 10, my mates went to school with him. He is most definitely not gay. I'm sure many would love it if he was, but he's not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glowboy wrote: »
    There's been a recent report doing the news site rounds: Homophobia is "rife" in modern society.

Is it any wonder? When influential people like Cowell play games with sexuality it simply reinforces the cliched belief that it is wrong and shameful.

Prejudice and bigotry is supposedly on the wane, but that report totally contradicts that. Maybe if a few more successful people made a stand that would change. What Gareth Thomas did last year was incredibly brave, especially considering the sport he plays in.

PS. I used to live across the road from Doc 10, my mates went to school with him. He is most definitely not gay. I'm sure many would love it if he was, but he's not.

I don't think what Thomas did was brave - I think it was selfish, arrogant and utterly repellant that he paid scant regard to his poor wife while he was soaking up all the misguided adulation he received. If I were him, I'd have been hugely apologetic and completely ashamed for abusing the sacred pact of marriage and the trust of the woman who loved me...not thinking I was brilliant and giving TV interviews!!

And as for people 'playing games with sexuality' - the only people playing games are the people on this board who think it is great hijinks to gossip about people's PRIVATE lives. There is no concrete evidence Cowell is gay and it is a disgrace that people think it is their right to spread rumours, tittle tattle and gain pleasure out of famous people's PRIVATE lives. If you really respected people's right to live their lives, and go out with whom they wanted, you'd back off!! Seriously - haven't you got a life of your own to lead?
    Forum Member
    glowboy wrote: »

You're absolutely right. He is as straight as it is possible to be
    And yes, I think many people would love it if he was... a case of wishful thinking! There are many unhinged people who can make up a rumour on here, for whatever bizarre reason and some people will believe it. It's a shame really but that's how unfounded gossip and nonsense works.

But yes, PokeyOak got confused over which actor I was referring to with my previous posts. He was talking about a very different actor who is most definitely not Doc 10.
    The hailing from the North of England is probably a clue as to who the actor P.O was implying.
    Forum Member
    Bambi_Boo wrote: »
    I don't think what Thomas did was brave - I think it was selfish, arrogant and utterly repellant that he paid scant regard to his poor wife while he was soaking up all the misguided adulation he received. If I were him, I'd have been hugely apologetic and completely ashamed for abusing the sacred pact of marriage and the trust of the woman who loved me...not thinking I was brilliant and giving TV interviews!!

Gareth Thomas is still very close friends with his wife. She was very supportive of him and had no problem with him talking to the media. He was hardly 'soaking up adulation'.
    He was speaking up to support other people who may have problems with coming out. It was a very commendable thing to do. And like I said, he has a very close bond with his ex-wife, so who is anyone else to judge what her opinion may be? I'm sure he knows her a lot better than you do.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And as for people 'playing games with sexuality' - the only people playing games are the people on this board who think it is great hijinks to gossip about people's PRIVATE lives. There is no concrete evidence Cowell is gay and it is a disgrace that people think it is their right to spread rumours, tittle tattle and gain pleasure out of famous people's PRIVATE lives. If you really respected people's right to live their lives, and go out with whom they wanted, you'd back off!! Seriously - haven't you got a life of your own to lead?

Cowell is a dreadful example to cite in defence of privacy. He engineers every photo and story related to him and his "fiance". He attempts to manipulate people through the media at every turn.
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Why is it always the interest in males who might be gay?
    Why do women not count in this area?

Every time there is speculation someone is gay it is 9/10 times male.

I suppose every DS reader is of the same opinion as Queen Victoria.
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gareth Thomas is still very close friends with his wife. She was very supportive of him and had no problem with him talking to the media. He was hardly 'soaking up adulation'.
    He was speaking up to support other people who may have problems with coming out. It was a very commendable thing to do. And like I said, he has a very close bond with his ex-wife, so who is anyone else to judge what her opinion may be? I'm sure he knows her a lot better than you do.

Exactly. She'd known about his sexuality for a while before he went public, and I'm sure she was involved in a lot of the decisions to go public. In fact, I'm sure I saw an interview with her on the subject and she seemed very happy that he was able to be himself and to talk freely about it.

Of course it would have been better if Gareth had worked out he was gay and accepted it before he got married, but I don't think he did it out of malice, and if anything, his talking about it might help to discourage other gay men from ill advised weddings.

He was in a strong position to come out when he did. He was a very well liked and respected player, who played national rugby. Anyone thinking about making cheap jibes from the terraces knew they'd be the unpopular one. His actions did a lot to encourage a lot of men to admit that it wasn't an issue.

It would be a lot tricker for a younger, less experienced player, one who has only played for his local team, to be openly gay, but hopefully the great reaction Gareth got has set a good example to all rugby fans.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Barrowman. He's so far in the closet he's almost in Narnia :D
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Jim Davidson?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Doesnt Simon have a partner called Jeremy? :rolleyes:

Apparently he does pay off all his 'ex-es' very well...more money than running to the press
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member

You don't want any high-profile, out and proud, gay role models? We are living in a celebrity obsessed world where many young people idolise the famous. If there were more famous gay people willing to express that being gay isn't wrong, it would help countless gay men and women struggling with their sexuality.

Gareth Thomans' wife is fully supportive of his decision. I'm sure she doesn't need your pity.

Cowell is a media **** who only wants PRIVACY when it suits him.

If he didn't want constant tittle tattle about his sexuality he could end it it seconds, but he knows how the media works and plays with people's idea of who and what he is.

Yes I do have my "own life" to lead, hence I hardly ever comment on these types of threads, one which you have stumbled into accidentally I imagine, as you are obviously vehemently not interested in gossip. Thanks for enquiring, though - Seriously!
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "it would help countless gay men and women struggling with their sexuality"

Famous people are just that - people. Being famous doesn't automatically make you emotionally ready to cope with any situation and if anyone (famous or not) is uncomfortable talking about their sexuality, then they shouldn't be forced into it.
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    anagram1x wrote: »
    Doesnt Simon have a partner called Jeremy? :rolleyes:

Apparently he does pay off all his 'ex-es' very well...more money than running to the press

Jeremy Ryan:rolleyes:
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member

Cause that boring:yawn:
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Famous people are just that - people. Being famous doesn't automatically make you emotionally ready to cope with any situation and if anyone (famous or not) is uncomfortable talking about their sexuality, then they shouldn't be forced into it.

It depends doesn't it?

Everyone is entitled to privacy if they seek it, but what of personalities who put out misinformation (pictures with women, "engagements", etc). People who do that (can think of one very big example already discussed here!) deserve to be outed.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good man!! Yes, where are the dykes? Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Katie Melua, all the top female tennis players, Beyonce, Eliza Dushku, etc etc etc.

I think it was David Cameron who said to Nick Clegg "if lezzas didn't exist, it'd be necessary to pass an emergency law to invent them." And if it wasn't, it ought to have been!!

;)
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want Paris Hilton as a celabrity lesbean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    Eh?! lol I really don't think so.

Well I have a colleague who claims to have slept with him!
  • Cult of Z-ListCult of Z-List Posts: 5,113
    Forum Member
    Ok, so reading through this thread I think I have gathered an insight into the processes required to remain in the closet. Tell me if I’ve missed something.

1. The closet gay celebrity is always the most attractive and famous celeb of a particular genre, or popular TV programme, hence it’s Wentworth Miller or Robert Pattinson and not their bit-part co-stars. And by the same token it is Adonis Ashley Cole, and not luggy beanpole Peter Crouch, and it is handsome ex-World Champion Lewis Hamliton and not troll faced Hispania driver Bruno Senna.

2. The closet gay star has almost superhuman powers of persuasion and press control which they use to maintain “their secret”. Hamilton for example is able to persuade stunning Pussy Cat Doll singer Nicole Scherzinger, who could snap her fingers and have half the world’s male population fawning around her, to act as his “beard” for no apparent financial or professional gain. And the a fore mentioned Mr Cole goes to extraordinary lengths in order to maintain “his little secret”. Not only does he enter into a marriage of convenience, in the full glare of media publicity with a high profile “also gay” pop star (Now you would think the perfect beard would be someone who would just fade into the background). But he also has a number of extra-marital “beards” which causes the said sham marriage to break down, also in the full glare of publicity, thus thrusting himself back into the spotlight and increasing the danger of “his secret” being made public. The sheer audacity of the scheme and the breathtaking efficiency of it’s execution must make many a Bond villain green with envy.

3. Having gone to all this trouble to cover up “their secret” the closet gay celebrity will then take extraordinary risks. He will invariably become a member of an exclusive gay nightclub in London (not so exclusive that every gay guy this side of Rotherham isn’t a member though) the location of which is well known to everyone but the paparazzi (most of whom would cream their pants at the prospect of outing an A-List celebrity in one of the numerous magazines/websites devoted to celebrity). Stars like Pattinson and Miller, who normally can’t take a dump without being surrounded by screaming teenage girls, are able to visit these establishment’s in perfect secrecy, and not a single camera phone is used by any of the 100’s of fellow patrons, to snap a photo of the superstar snogging a bloke. The closet gay celebrity will not then get down and dirty with any of the over extraordinarily gorgeous footballers and Hollywood leading men who will frequent the same places, no, instead they will go off with “Dave from Croydon” the ubiquitous friend of a friend/ gay uncle/cousin/ex-boyfriend. (Congratulations to Dave, he gets loads of poon tang). who is a morally incorruptible individual who never sells the story to the tabloids, but does choose to tell his nearest and dearest on the proviso that it remains “a secret”.

Is that about it?
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe that no-one should be forced out, and I find it quite sickening when teen stars are subjected to scrutiny, but there have been a lot of gay men in showbiz who have been out to family and friends for years before they get around to going public about it.

It would be great if more of those men could be more open with the general public.

Any man (or woman) who is still doing some soul searching and trying to decide if that's really who they are, or are trying to work out how to tell their mum, then they should be left alone.

By the same token, anyone who is involved in some soul searching shouldn't be manipulating the press with a string of fake relationships either. If they want to pretend to be straight and invent a relationship, they can do so without setting up fake pap shots.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Davidson?

Yep, I've always suspected there could be a lot of repressed homosexuality going on there.;)

I remember when he had a huge and VERY public falling out with Joe Longthorne a few years ago. The papers never got to the bottom of what went on there, but I've always suspected its the closest Davidson has ever come to being "outed"
This discussion has been closed.