And all rappers are black... clearly :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's up for some Jamaican rapping?
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Me!!

I just can't get over how much Cher tries to sound like Sean(o) Paul.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Who's up for some Jamaican rapping?
    Ya man, I'm down wit that,
    it's phat,
    not like Cher, yo: she a bloodclaat
    Ummm... I have a cat
    Ringadingding?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ya man, I'm down wit that,
    it's phat,
    not like Cher, yo: she a bloodclaat
    Ummm... I have a cat
    Ringadingding?

If in doubt put a twist in it and add ring a ding ding.
    Forum Member
    I had a budgie but it died,
    I like piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why Cher is getting such a hard time on here. I think it's obvious she doesn't have the most powerful voice but she has attitude, swag, she can rap like most black people already in the industry and she's already developed her own sense of style. When Eminem started out he was repeatedly turned away because people thought it was 'cringe' to see a white man rap. Look at him today.

I enjoy Cher's rapping versus and I'm not a big Hip-Hop fan. Why should the genre for the X Factor be strictly pop? The music scene today is dominated by Hip-Hop and Dance music. It would be refreshing to see Cher win and release a Rap song over Christmas than another cheesy ballad.

I think it's great to see she's being real and sticking to what she's good at instead of listening to the production and letting them mold her into something predictable, (John Adeleye, One Direction, Storm).

I believe Cher will get a recording deal regardless of her position on X Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    lovecat86 wrote: »
    I think she can sing. Her version of Turn My Swag On is far superior to Keri Hilson's.

At what exact point does she sing on this, co I must have missed it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing ringadingdinging in the X-factor is the Cowell cash register:D

Although Cher could be prepping for a Xmas song - a remix of Cliff Richard's Christmas time, with the bells are a ringadingdinging.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garywh wrote: »

She sung quite a lot during that song.

I think Cher can sing she just doesn't has a powerful voice like some of the other contestants.
    Forum Member
    garywh wrote: »

Must have indeed.

54 secs onwards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjPx40r5WaA

Keri Hilson's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJt_Y7ZBDnI&feature=related
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought someone on here said it was Swago not Swag. I don't know so I am only going on what I read here. I should do a Google and find out.;)
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woowho wrote: »
    The only thing ringadingdinging in the X-factor is the Cowell cash register:D

Although Cher could be prepping for a Xmas song - a remix of Cliff Richard's Christmas time, with the bells are a ringadingdinging.

perhaps they are building up to a cover of my dingaling - a ringatingting.
    Forum Member
    Anybody who says the word 'swag' without a hint of irony should be perma-banned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aha I'd love to hear her do some Dancehall Reggae! That would bring the lolz! How about Buju Banton's 'Batty Rider'!?
    Forum Member
    ^ lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    lovecat86 wrote: »
    I had a budgie but it died,
    I like piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

Leggy Blonde:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher is a country singer who has packaged herself in the urban style in order to appear original and get into the X factor - you can hear it in her voice when she sings "...this ain't about you .." - it is just like Carly Simon in "you're so vain".

For anyone who is into rap, urban, etc she appears laughable because she's not that good at it. But for those who really prefer country style music, she may, by putting a country spin on, introduce them to songs they might not otherwise like. This is, I think, why Cher's version of Swag has been so popular. IMO she should ditch the actual rapping and carry on with the singing, and she might have something. The question is, is she a good enough country singer to carry it off?
    Forum Member
    glenshane wrote: »
    Cher is a country singer who has packaged herself in the urban style in order to appear original and get into the X factor - you can hear it in her voice when she sings "...this ain't about you .." - it is just like Carly Simon in "you're so vain".

For anyone who is into rap, urban, etc she appears laughable because she's not that good at it. But for those who really prefer country style music, she may, by putting a country spin on, introduce them to songs they might not otherwise like. This is, I think, why Cher's version of Swag has been so popular. IMO she should ditch the actual rapping and carry on with the singing, and she might have something. The question is, is she a good enough country singer to carry it off?

I like some rap. I like a bit of everything really. I think she's good. She's not trying to be the next Dr. Dre or Snoop Dogg or Tupac is she? She's not even trying to be Dizzee Rascal. She's probably more akin to Lady Sovereign and she's a million times better. She is good if you like that sort of thing.
  • indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danom8 wrote: »
    I don't understand why Cher is getting such a hard time on here. I think it's obvious she doesn't have the most powerful voice but she has attitude, swag, she can rap like most black people already in the industry

er, I'm not too sure about that one.

Anyway.... my guess is that the almost universal bad feeling towards Katie being put through rubbed off on Cher (Saturday's voting figures speak for themselves). I don't think anyone can seriously argue that Cher is the best singer but she does have "something". X factor would have been less interesting this year without her in it and the producers know this fully well.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody who says the word 'swag' without a hint of irony should be perma-banned.

LOL yep ;)
  • jock_fjock_f Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha I'd love to hear her do some Dancehall Reggae! That would bring the lolz! How about Buju Banton's 'Batty Rider'!?

LMAO :D:D:D
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rapping is a poor man's nat king cole, sam cooke (drool), etc for people of limited ability unlike these two greats of yonder years.
  • DippydollyDippydolly Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm perma-tanned is that similar?

I think i shall enter X factor, cos i can strut around stage like a bint with attitude and shout Ringading, stand on one foot alot and have one arm dangling like i've had a TIA.

I'll have to leave my day job though, cos i'm being bullied, also my colleagues are haters, but 'this aint bout them' Nooooo siree
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    wha gwan now me bredrins:

I hear jerusalem bells a ring a dinging
    me name be cher, I ain't that good at singing
    me raps are phat unlike me skinny waistline
    I keep on gurning, til I end up with lots of face lines
    me mentor cheryl she's like me bigger sista
    she said cher blud,keep on rapping it'll make ya richer
    so I'm representing for all ma malvern bitchez
    I write my own words, eff swizz beatz I've got the realist lyricz

that's an exclusive yo.