DOI pairings?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    What a line up!! Who are they? :confused: A bit like IACGMOOH this year, they are a bunch that we never wanted to see in the first time, never mind about letting them on tv again.

A very poor line up ...... should be a very low budget then.

Not sure I agree with this....
  • Options
    krissiikrissii Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheesh, well, maybe I live under a rock or something, but I've never heard of Sam Attwater, Jeff Brazier, Dave Vitty or Dominic Cork, and of the girls, who on earth are Laura Hamilton and Elen Rivas?

And what's with the pro skater slaughter? Nothing wrong with introducing a few new faces each year, but it looks like they've replaced most of them!

Pavel? Andre? Matt Gonzalez? to name but a few I will really miss :(

Still looking forward to it, and I have my tickets for the live show next year, but good God, they really have had a change of line up!
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS article.
    The lineup for the new series of Dancing On Ice has been revealed.

Coronation Street star Steven Arnold, whose character Ashley Peacock was recently killed in the tram crash, will compete in this year's show, alongside Kerry Katona, Jeff Brazier and rapper Vanilla Ice.

Loose Women's Denise Welch will also take to the rink, as well as former newsreader Angela Rippon, ex-EastEnders star Sam Attwater and Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe.

Chloe Madeley, Neighbours star Craig McLachlan, cricketer Dominic Cork and David Vitty - Comedy Dave from Chris Moyles's Radio 1 show - will further star in the ITV skating show. Actress Nadia Sawalha, Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton and Ellen Rives - Frank Lampard's ex-girlfriend - are also among the 16 contestants.

Soldier Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry, who won the Victoria Cross in 2005, completes the cast - marking the first time a competitor has come from outside the world of sport and entertainment.

However, in a new twist, only 12 skaters will make it through to the competition stage, meaning four celebrities will be voted off before they even get the chance to compete.

Emma Bunton, Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins will return as judges, while Karen Barber will now act as head coach to the contestants. Nicky Slater was axed from the panel last month.

The new series of Dancing On Ice starts with two specials on January 9 and January 16 and two celebrities will be axed during each show.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is there really 16 contestant ?, seem's quite alot

The first two shows will consist of 8 performers on each week..... with the general public deciding which 6 out of 8 make it through to the "real " show when the judges come in to it. So by the time the first proper episode of DOI starts with the judges there will be 12 contestants. A new novel way of doing it I suppose,.
  • Options
    HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't please everyone can you? I guess it depends what you like, personally I can't stand popular radio/music or soaps, so for example Haley Tammadon, Chris Fountain etc last year meant nothing to me and similarly Dave Vitty, Craig Mclachlan, Sam Attwater etc meant nothing to me until I looked them up on the internet. I suppose they (producers) are trying to cater to a wide audience and as I said before you never had 'big' current stars on any of these shows, why would they need to do it (rhetorical question if you hadn't gathered)? If you don't know who someone is use your brain - engage it with the typewriter and look on the internet, if on the other hand you don't care who they are why bother watching the show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Well lets hope the right 4 go then ;-)

I agree all these shows (jungle, SCD, DOI) are for reinvigorating past careers (but there lies the word (past careers), at least all of the men have had one.

Men

1. Vanilla Ice - famous for one song which has been hauled out at various opportunities.
    2. Sam Attwater - soap actor
    3. Steven Arnold - soap actor
    4. Jeff Brazier - originally famous for winning a tv show, but now a presenter
    5. Johnson Beharry - HERO
    6. Craig McLachlan - soap actor/singer
    7. Dave Vitty - DJ
    8. Dominic Cork - cricketer
    9. Danny Foster (reserve) - singer

Women

1. Kerry Katona - media **** who was in a band before she had a baby with another singer
    2. Chloe Madeley - has famous parents
    3. Jennifer Metcalfe - soap actress
    4. Denise Welch - loose woman/actress (better actress than loose woman IMO)
    5. Nadia Sawalha - actress
    6. Laura Hamilton - presenter
    7. Elen Rives - EX Wag
    8. Angela Rippon - newsreader
    9. Faye Tozer (reserve) - singer

Tell me that the boys aren't more worthy than the girls, sorry but I do disagree with that. Faye should be there instead of Chloe or Elen.

We'll just have to agree to disagree and I do look forward to the show even if Chloe Madeley is in it (she's my main bug bear to be honest). :-(

Well lets see, I had my reservations too but I think that the younger female contestants will be the ones to watch alongside Mr Attwater.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Chloe may not be as well known as some of the others but she has done tv work so has as much right to be there as the rest IMO. I do think she'll go early though unless she is outstanding on the ice and people vote I want her in for a while as I love who she's partnered with!

This is the problem, where some of the wider public is involved it becomes less about talent and more about a popularity contest.
  • Options
    jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has there been a replacement for Nicky??? if not the scores will be out of a total of 24.0, seems like a bit of an odd number to have a total score... you think they would of rounded it or maybe they will mark like strictly this series on a 1-10 basis :confused:
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    It's too easy to write people off as 'nobodies' anonymously, after all who are you? If you don't give people a chance how will you ever know if they could be somebody? Don't be so quick to write people off as they may well surprise you with their talent, and those who you know and expect to be good could end up disappointing you. I think we need to use a sense of perspective and realise that so called 'higher-list' (an absurd notion) celebrities have no real need or desire to participate in such a show, further that fame can be fickle/fleeting/transient (not forgetting ultimately unfulfilling).

As others said though, the show is meant to for CELEBRITIES. I agree with the people who wish Faye was taking part rather than being a reserve; OK Steps may not have changed the world, but they were a very popular group who sold tons of records and sold out arenas, a lot of people remember them and she has had a noteworthy career. Frankly I find it rather insulting that an ex of a football is given a slot on the show when Faye isn't deemed worthy!

As for attracting A-list stars, I don't expect the show to and part of me wouldn't want it to as then the voting would be a joke because the big stars would get more votes regardless of skill. I do think its a bit much that some of the pros are probably more famous than the so-called 'celebs' that they're skating with!
  • Options
    sue-gsue-g Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    The first two shows will consist of 8 performers on each week..... with the general public deciding which 6 out of 8 make it through to the "real " show when the judges come in to it. So by the time the first proper episode of DOI starts with the judges there will be 12 contestants. A new novel way of doing it I suppose,.

I am disappointed that there will be four couples that only get to skate once. After all the build up they get to the show, it must be a huge anticlimax to be knocked out first. I would rather have the first week with no one going so everyone gets two chances for the viewers to see what they are like.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »

what so their first performances wont be scored ? , who told you this ?. its quite a silly idea tbh. they might aswell score them...
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to disagree with the male/female thing as there are male contestants who are also in the fringes so to speak and those who haven't had a career in the mainstream spotlight for years, I won't patronise you by pointing out specific names.

Nevertheless the apparent format changes that have already been mentioned will lead to numbers being reduced quickly in the first week or two.
    The male line-up is much better than the women's one, but even it could be pruned.

I don't like the term 'has-been', and I don't care that not everyone is as famous as they once were, but that's much better than never having made it in the first place. Faye, the reserve, is a much better celeb than someone from Hollyoaks, or a tv presenter who has never been near prime-time.

I've never heard of the ex-WAG and I'd much rather keep it that way. Chloe Madley is only known as the daughter of famous parents. She might hope this show will change that, but it's crap casting. The producers will hope that Mum and Dad will come down to the studio, but I can live without that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sue-g wrote: »
    I am disappointed that there will be four couples that only get to skate once. After all the build up they get to the show, it must be a huge anticlimax to be knocked out first. I would rather have the first week with no one going so everyone gets two chances for the viewers to see what they are like.

Just said that in another topic. Agree wholeheartedly! :)
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL...even I dont know who some of those people. Might recognise faces when I see the though lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    is kristina lenko coming back this series? by far my favourite female pro
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL...even I dont know who some of those people. Might recognise faces when I see the though lol

'even I don't know'

do you have your eyes glued to the TV, what you've written suggests you should know everything about TV?

LOLOLOLOL :eek:
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    'even I don't know'

do you have your eyes glued to the TV, what you've written suggests you should know everything about TV?

LOLOLOLOL :eek:

Nobody knows everything about TV, but some people have a very good knowledge of pop clture and presumably BeethovensPiano falls into that category. I suspect it was a light-hearted comment anyway, no need to be rude about it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Nobody knows everything about TV, but some people have a very good knowledge of pop clture and presumably BeethovensPiano falls into that category. I suspect it was a light-hearted comment anyway, no need to be rude about it!

people are so touchy on here, you make a jokey comment and everyone leaps on you preaching the T&C or accuses you of being rude.....chill out dude ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sallouise wrote: »
    is kristina lenko coming back this series? by far my favourite female pro

Nope Kristina left for good sadly :( (well certainly not back this year)
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So there are 16 contestants that have trained, but only 12 will make it onto the live show according to the BBC :)

As long as Steven Arnold is one of the 12 then I don't mind :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    How is Faye Tozer finding time to rehearse? She is in panto!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine most of you already know this, but just out of interest, how come it's Andrei Lipanov and Susie LipanovA?
    :confused:
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    i have wondered that for 3 years now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Felicity- wrote: »
    I imagine most of you already know this, but just out of interest, how come it's Andrei Lipanov and Susie LipanovA?
    :confused:

The A on the end is the female version of a Russian surname.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    The A on the end is the female version of a Russian surname.

Ooooh I see! Thanks for clearing that one up for me :D