Fussy Adult Eaters

Comments

• Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I'm vegetarian (closer to vegan I suppose as I don't eat cheese or eggs either but take milk in tea.) However, I'll eat any fruit, veg or grain and don't mind it spiced or curried etc or if it's separate, together etc. So I suppose I could be classed as fussy with ingredients but not with how the meals are prepared.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CatWolf wrote: »
    God they are annoying:mad:

I would beat them with a stick

They need to grow up. It pees me off too. Especially if I have gone to the trouble of cooking.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    They need to grow up. It pees me off too. Especially if I have gone to the trouble of cooking.

Easily solved. Just ask them if they like what you're going to cook before you toddle of to the shops to purchase the ingredients. It's what I do, and I haven't had a problem with 'fussy eaters' once. Well, except vegetarians. Those people are in a league of their bloody own when it comes to fussy eaters.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »

Just enquire what people can eat before cooking, it's quite easy really even with all the problem eaters for various reasons in my family we all manage to feed each other without too much fuss - we like to forget the year ancient aunt poured gravy over my vegetarian nut roast ;)
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's more to get you going:

Cups and saucers, what are they all about?
    Purple, that's a colour and a half.
    The sun is shining, but it it's cold. :mad:

Sounds like a Jerry Seinfeld routine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    I don't understand people who dont eat fruit and veg....don't know what theyre missing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand people who dont eat fruit and veg....don't know what theyre missing!

Not much fun if you have IBS, I find.
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I have a friend like that although fortunately it doesn't affect her with things that are cooked together, like a stew, curry etc, but if she's having a meal with separate items the potato has to be away from the veg, the meat etc.

sounds a bit like me, but i have got better as i have gotten older. I eat my food in a certain order depending on the meal.

i still eat my spaghetti and my bolognese separate.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's mainly down to petulance, and probably evolved from childhood habits that should have been reigned in but weren't.
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't obvious to the person who mentioned seeing people on Come Dine With Me though, eh.
    Personally I agree, fussy eaters [ie those who just don't like anything rather than those on specified diets] shouldn't really be allowed on CDWM. I think part of that should be being prepared to try new foods and other peoples cooking with an open mind.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't obvious to the person who mentioned seeing people on Come Dine With Me though, eh.

Well..... maybe it did impact that FM. Or perhaps they were another person to whom the obvious wasn't obvious.

Anyway, I'm sure your right... it's better to come on the thread to cast aspersions on others opinion rather than
    a) saying what you have to say on topic or,
    b) not bothering as it doesn't interest you.

Deary me.
  • MicrobialMicrobial Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    CatWolf wrote: »
    God they are annoying:mad:

I would beat them with a stick

They're the same people who always complain that they're in a draught.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    There are foods I won't eat but it doesn't cause any problems.

I don't see why it's such a big drama.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I suppose I may be classed as a fussy eater, and I also eat very small amounts at a time, because I get full very quickly.

I very rarely eat out as I like to know exactly what I am eating.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Microbial wrote: »

I would say that's more likely to be the people who moan about petty things like fussy eaters.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I'm a fussy eater, have been since I was a child. The worst thing is mash potato, after being force fed it as a child..automatic gag reflex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the ones that refuse to try anything new that are REALLY annoying. Why wouldn't you want to try new foods? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I'm a fussy eater, have been since I was a child. The worst thing is mash potato, after being force fed it as a child..automatic gag reflex.

Now that I can understand, mash is something you don't like for a reason.

It's the people who recoil at the site of something because it's not something they've been eating since they were 5 I can't be doing with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite a fussy eater. I was incredibly picky as a child, but compared to then I'm quite adventurous. I went through a phase of avoiding white food and I was in my 20s before I realised I liked mayo, salad cream and coleslaw.

As an adult there's not that many things I won't eat, but still have a thing about things with no texture: egg whites, soup, mash etc. I'm more troubled these days with processed or poor quality food or things aren't cooked how I like them.

I struggle with deserts too, cause I don't like cream, jam or custard.

If someone invites me over to eat I always get a little nervous that they will serve something I don't like but realistically it hasn't been that much of a problem.
    Microbial wrote: »

Oh I hate sitting in a draught.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fussy - Daring to not like the things other people like. Which is the master list.

meh.
  • Rab64Rab64 Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like fruit, apart from canned peaches
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merel wrote: »
    I'm quite a fussy eater. I was incredibly picky as a child, but compared to then I'm quite adventurous. I went through a phase of avoiding white food and I was in my 20s before I realised I liked mayo, salad cream and coleslaw.

As an adult there's not that many things I won't eat, but still have a thing about things with no texture: egg whites, soup, mash etc. I'm more troubled these days with processed or poor quality food or things aren't cooked how I like them.

I struggle with deserts too, cause I don't like cream, jam or custard.

If someone invites me over to eat I always get a little nervous that they will serve something I don't like but realistically it hasn't been that much of a problem.

Oh I hate sitting in a draught.
    I'd like to drop someone like you in the middle of Ethiopia to see how picky you remained with fewer options available.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to drop someone like you in the middle of Ethiopia to see how picky you remained with fewer options available.

I'd definitely eat an Ethiopian before I starved to death. Not much meat on the bones mind.
  • LazerliteLazerlite Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not so much a case of fuss, but there's food out there that I welcome, and there's food that I don't - goes for smells, environment, hygiene, and quality.

I've lived and I'm younger than in appearance and feeling, so what's the issue?

Not summat I gloat about, but c'mon, I pay McDonald's nearly £5 for them to serve me cold rubbish?

It aint on is it?

And, Why do I want do go to Starbucks or Cafe Nero?

I only like my own home made cuppa, I don't drink Coffee and I don't like any other bullshit that's on their menu, so what am I doing there exactly?

Latte; what's that all about?

I don't particularly like the culture of people paying x amounts and sitting there for minutes on their Iphones and not engaging in conversation with actual humans.

That's not that world I desire, and I make no apology for it.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm one of them. I hate vegetables.