Just WoW !

Comments

• PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when there was an article doing the rounds on various news sites and that about a guy who had collected all PS2 games (I think they were all sealed too), and a lot of people laughed at him without realising that the few thousand that he spent on collecting the games could probably be sold on at a massive profit a decade or so from now. I wonder when/if we'll see that sale happen.

Mind you, I think this is on another level to what the PS2 collector did, and I wonder how much he spent on building it up?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i'd like that collection

without any real working out he most of made a loss selling them even at over a million pounds or a very small profit

£40 x every nintendo game to the launch of the Wii
    £40 x every sega games ever made
    not to mention 'Many were also selected out of dozens of copies to ensure that the versions in the best condition were selected for the collection.'

that is probably going to equal more than a million, but i'm still jealous of his collection, i wonder why he is selling though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do often wonder what it is about Nintendo games that make some of them worth a fortune. I mean a quick look on Amazon or Ebay will bring up some amazing prices that people want for these games with some being brand new and still sealed after all this time.
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww...I should have not opened my copy of Hannah Montana The Movie viedo game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Titan9 wrote: »
    Aww...I should have not opened my copy of Hannah Montana The Movie viedo game.

lol :D
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I remember seeing that a few months ago. There was one that came from a guy that used to own a gaming store, I'm not sure if that's the one though.

Seeing a complete NES and/or SNES collection always makes me very, very jealous :p
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do often wonder what it is about Nintendo games that make some of them worth a fortune. I mean a quick look on Amazon or Ebay will bring up some amazing prices that people want for these games with some being brand new and still sealed after all this time.

because they are the best...and many are sought after by collectors..

black ops etc are all well and good, but these type of games are worth sod all not long after release.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    that is probably going to equal more than a million, but i'm still jealous of his collection, i wonder why he is selling though

How rubbish at maths are you? Even if it was 6000 games bought at £40 each that only amounts to 240k! And that's without any real working out :D
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    How rubbish at maths are you? Even if it was 6000 games bought at £40 each that only amounts to 240k! And that's without any real working out :D

Was going to say the same - at £40 a pop it would take 25,000 games to hit the million mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because they are the best...and many are sought after by collectors..

black ops etc are all well and good, but these type of games are worth sod all not long after release.

I do tend to keep returning to Nintendo games more than any others. I just think the games are more fun to play :)

I did start collecting Gamecube games but most were just far to expensive to get so gave up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do tend to keep returning to Nintendo games more than any others. I just think the games are more fun to play :)

I did start collecting Gamecube games but most were just far to expensive to get so gave up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STADIUM-EVENTS-VGA-GRADED-NEW-PAL-Q85-MARKED-PAL-SCANDINAVIA-/121039617179?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c2e85fc9b
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    As much as i'd like that collection

without any real working out he most of made a loss selling them even at over a million pounds or a very small profit

£40 x every nintendo game to the launch of the Wii
    £40 x every sega games ever made
    not to mention 'Many were also selected out of dozens of copies to ensure that the versions in the best condition were selected for the collection.'

maybe he decided to get a life :)

or maybe a bird?

a tad excessive