Newspaper column: British people are committing suicide to escape poverty.

2»

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This country and the I'm all right jack attitude of many of its citizens is a disgrace .

I'd say it is a Tory voter's attitude more than anyone else's.

Cameron is just carrying on from where Thatcher left things, creating an even nastier, divided and morally bankrupt society than under her reign.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    I'd say it is a Tory voter's attitude more than anyone else's.

Cameron is just carrying on from where Thatcher left things, creating an even nastier, divided and morally bankrupt society than under her reign.

Dave is just trying to sort out the gigantic mess that Labour left him with
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

Mmm, and look who he has paying for it....
    Certainly not his own kind :rolleyes:
  • FlorianFlorian Posts: 305
    Forum Member

Public spending is HIGHER now than it ever was under Labour.
  • Bandit1200SBandit1200S Posts: 60
    Forum Member

Oh stop it, are you really that brain washed? Sure there was a mess left but it will be nothing compared to the mess left when the Torys are gone again, it was a world wide recession unless you failed to notice and Labour were not responsible for governing the whole world.

I hate every-time that smug git Cameron uses that as a get of jail free card when he messes up.

I'm no fan of Labour or the Tory's or any politicians BTW, they are all corrupt liars, but I refuse to take this football team (we must have a side) mentality that a lot of UK folk do.
  • Bandit1200SBandit1200S Posts: 60
    Forum Member

I've often thought Cameron saw Thatcher as a role model and really admired her and he wants to go down in history as being seen as ruthless and tough as she was, he certainly seems to rejoice and thrive in his role, but my god he is so out of touch, I do have a little respect for Thatcher (just a little) but Cameron will never get anything like that from me, the man is a weasel.

Strong words I'm sorry, but I feel strongly about it.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmm, and look who he has paying for it....
    Certainly not his own kind :rolleyes:
    It's a fact that the well off easily pay most tax:)
    Oh stop it, are you really that brain washed? Sure there was a mess left but it will be nothing compared to the mess left when the Torys are gone again, it was a world wide recession unless you failed to notice and Labour were not responsible for governing the whole world.
    Get real please. They left a record deficit. In fact they always leave a mess.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Florian wrote: »
    British people are committing suicide to escape poverty. Is this what the State wants?

http://poultonblog.dailymail.co.uk/2012/03/people-are-choosing-suicide-to-escape-poverty-is-this-the-states-final-solution.html

Any benefit bashers have any comments to make about vulnerable people committing suicide due to the state?

Also read the reader's comments at the very bottom of the article, it makes for alarming reading.

The reasons for any suicide are varied, and individual.

Without the full circumstances of each case, this is an article intended to stir things up, without any concern for the genuine reasons behind each case.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what causes poverty?

Too little money or too many debts?

So why aren't greedy utility companies and supermarkets to blame?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get real please. They left a record deficit. In fact they always leave a mess.

Someone has to re-invest in things that the Tories would scrap in a flash, such as schools, the NHS and state services.

The Tories left these things in a rotten state back in 1997. They don't care though because they can all go for private services :rolleyes:
  • FlorianFlorian Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    If working age benefits were totally abolished that the level of tax people in employment pay would not be at all noticeable.