Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some news of the Ricky G front... I did some checking around and it seems he's been offered the series to bring him back to the BBC more-or-less full-time. They're worried about Derek being a success and him moving to Channel 4. The deal includes the right to develop a feature film with BBC Films too.

I'll see what else I can find out. ;)
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Some news of the Ricky G front... I did some checking around and it seems he's been offered the series to bring him back to the BBC more-or-less full-time. They're worried about Derek being a success and him moving to Channel 4. The deal includes the right to develop a feature film with BBC Films too.

I'll see what else I can find out. ;)

I don't care much for the man, but lets hope they offer him something a bit closer to what David Walliams was asked to do, rather than, say, Peter Kay :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, It could all be crossed wires,and he's only doing one episode or something? Coould also be something extra to do with the big anniversary.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    There is quite a bit of intrigue regarding this rumour on GB, and they don't normally listen to rumours they think are unlikely. Looks like a new showrunner after all!
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    There is quite a bit of intrigue regarding this rumour on GB, and they don't normally listen to rumours they think are unlikely. Looks like a new showrunner after all!

In all seriousness, will this manage to work around his filming of The Muppets sequel? :confused::)
    Forum Member
    Well, Muppets 2 is out next year, and Moffat may be too ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so bemused right now. Have I wandered into a parallel dimension? I like Gervais, really I do, I think he can be an excellent comedian at times, but as show-runner of Doctor Who? I find that really hard to picture.
    Forum Member
    Here's a picture I've discovered for you: http://i.imgur.com/5bbSNQJ.jpg
  • nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ohhhh Davros. I lurk on GB and I've seen you winding them up about this. ;) I sussed who you are on there, after all you are Davros.

I've been known to be a bit of a wind up merchant on here in the past, but what you're doing on GB is almost cruel. Some of them are really taking you seriously and getting quite upset.

keep up the good work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some pretty serious rumours doing the rounds this morning.

Reports that all living former Doctors have agreed to take part in the anniversary special, including Chris Ecclestone. The story will be called "The 11 Doctors". The latest rumour has it at 90mins, not the previously claimed 60.

Apparently there are two versions:- one with lots of CE and another with just a bit of CE, depending on how much he is willing to be involved.

There is also a second rumour that there is a New Years Day special which will see MS regenerate into the 12th Doctor.

Obviously I don't know how reliable any of these are. They are claimed to be leaks. We'll see if any official statements follow.

Of course they could be just regurgitating and expanding on previous rumours that we've seen.
    Forum Member
    nyder wrote: »
    Ohhhh Davros. I lurk on GB and I've seen you winding them up about this. ;) I sussed who you are on there, after all you are Davros.

I've been known to be a bit of a wind up merchant on here in the past, but what you're doing on GB is almost cruel. Some of them are really taking you seriously and getting quite upset.

keep up the good work.

The mods have removed all the gervais related posts. Obviously they don't want the truth getting out! :mad:

5 posters PMed me and support the cause :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mods have removed all the gervais related posts. Obviously they don't want the truth getting out! :mad:

Censorship

:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyder wrote: »
    Some pretty serious rumours doing the rounds this morning.

Reports that all living former Doctors have agreed to take part in the anniversary special, including Chris Ecclestone. The story will be called "The 11 Doctors". The latest rumour has it at 90mins, not the previously claimed 60.

Apparently there are two versions:- one with lots of CE and another with just a bit of CE, depending on how much he is willing to be involved.

There is also a second rumour that there is a New Years Day special which will see MS regenerate into the 12th Doctor.

Obviously I don't know how reliable any of these are. They are claimed to be leaks. We'll see if any official statements follow.

Of course they could be just regurgitating and expanding on previous rumours that we've seen.

My first guess would be that this is a regurgitation of the rumours that came up in Blogter Who last year - they even use the 'two versions of the script depending on Christopher Eccleston's involvement'. But maybe there's something to it.

Genius, sir, genius. :D
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Here's a picture I've discovered for you: http://i.imgur.com/5bbSNQJ.jpg

Wow, they're all much smaller in real life than they look on the telly!
    Forum Member
    They're preparing to do a Planet of Giants style episode where the Doctor shrinks. In preperation for this they have constructed a huge version of the current Tardis set.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(The mods ssshoulddnt interfere , wee never saidd he was in it
    ax
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    This is just speculation, but the idea of making a 50th anniversary special only 60 mins long is ridiculously short, especially if all the doctors are in it, I think were looking at a 90 min episode or 60 min 2 parter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend finally put her picture up from when she bumped into Ricky.......
    http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/images/0/03/SW-Ricky.jpg

She meets loads of famous people because of working with the BBC. In this pic apparently he was about to go to some screening room or something. Maybe they were showing some of series 8 so he could start getting ideas?
    Forum Member
    You mean 7B right? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would make much sense to have Ricky Gervais as a showrunner, he hasn't had any previous experience with Doctor Who. Stephen Moffat was a logical successor, I don't get how Gervais is. That, and I really don't find him funny or particularly likeable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I meant to say 7b :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would make much sense to have Ricky Gervais as a showrunner, he hasn't had any previous experience with Doctor Who. Stephen Moffat was a logical successor, I don't get how Gervais is. That, and I really don't find him funny or particularly likeable.

This isn't about Gervais knowing about Who per-say; this is about the BBC's fears over Derek and Channel 4...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newsflash... I've been tipped off as to who Gervais wants to be the Doctor. Someone Gervais has cast before. Let's just say Moffat won't like it for his schedules elsewhere, and it's going to cause problems for Middle-Earth... ;)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there aren't people out there reading all this and taking it seriously! ;)
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newsflash... I've been tipped off as to who Gervais wants to be the Doctor. Someone Gervais has cast before. Let's just say Moffat won't like it for his schedules elsewhere, and it's going to cause problems for Middle-Earth... ;)

IF HE WAS THE 12TH DOCTOR I WOULD CRY.
This discussion has been closed.