Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    just watching the footage on newsnight and can't beleive that whilst a man with bloody hands and a knife raged at the camera, a woman calmly walked past him with her shopping trolley. I know Londoners are good at ignoring each other from what I've heard, but that's just bonkers.
    I'd probably do that, or smile at them, thinking they were roleplayers or making a short film or something :o It does happen - I made my way to the underground station the other night through a zombie invasion and never stopped to check if it was real...
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someones started a Facebook group RIP Woolwich Soldier https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Woolwich-Soldier/136706656523601

Its already got 767 thousand 'likes' :eek:
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Regardless this was a political/religious motivated attack and should be reported that way.

The facts should be reported. That's what we should expect but the additional bit about naming them as terrorists looking like muslims is not right. Stick to the facts and work from there as more evidence becomes available. That's not too much to ask.
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Exactly.......both are a pair of loonies. I think the 'terrorism' statement has been put out way too quickly without any thought whatsoever and has simply whipped up mass public hysteria.

You don't need to look much further than this thread to see the effects either!

But then how do you define 'terrorism'? These killers' actions were clearly premeditated and carefully planned - they intended to kill a British soldier in the name of their 'God', and whether they acted alone or not they aren't the first to commit murder giving those reasons. I'm not saying knee-jerk things about religion like some will but I can understand why people are angry at certain groups, no matter how much some people like to look down on them for being less 'intelligent'
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://twitter.com/NicoHines/status/337316328794882050/photo/1
    Jason Puddlefoot, a window cleaner from Woolwich, said he would defend Britain to the death against Muslims
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDL
    ANY EDL MEMBERS TAKE TO THE STREETS IN YOUR LOCAL TOWN/CITY TAKE A STAND !!!!!!

Take a drunken stand.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These thugs wearing balclavas says it all.

Doesnt it just, if the EDL had any sense which they dont but if they were a peacful group the thing they could have done would have been to contact local Muslim gorups and gone and stood together in Woolwich to show that noone will accept this behaviour , tonight they just confirm what they actually are and they are just as bad as any other extremist.

And as for the guy who has tried to burn down a Mosque in Essex, what a tw*t, I would love to ask him during the time of IRA troubles would he have set fire to a Catholic Church ?
  • Options
    RampentRampent Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just looking at BBC news - that chav eye witness reckons the cops just shot them!! The pair of dicks hung around and just walked to the Police!! And they shot them!!
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    As I said before, we just cannot win though, the majority of Iraq were against Saddam, we removed him, yet still some Muslims hate us for the invasion and use it as a justification for terrorism. If we had carried on supporting Saddam, a secular dictator, that could also have been used as a justification for terrorism.

I don't think there's any doubt the majority Shia of Iraq wanted Saddam removed. In Afghanistan's case, after the initial removal of the Taliban, most were in favour of their removal. If the Taliban and their other supporters from Pakistan hadn't continually sent in fighters for the past 10+ years the country could have been put on a stable footing.

Here's an idea. Maybe we should've stopped having anything to do with any Islamic country.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I was :eek: at that, Christ I'm not a brave man but no way could I just stand back watch things like that happened, I would have got something heavy and smashed his head in.

All serving military should be required to carry their side arm when off base for personal protection,

Seriously? Every trade? You have got to be kidding!!
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watching the footage on newsnight and can't beleive that whilst a man with bloody hands and a knife raged at the camera, a woman calmly walked past him with her shopping trolley. I know Londoners are good at ignoring each other from what I've heard, but that's just bonkers.

She looked quite old so maybe she didn't realise what was happening.

Most people thought it was a road traffic accident.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Jason Puddlefoot, a window cleaner from Woolwich, said he would defend Britain to the death against Muslims

Someone needs to grease his ladder rungs ( and then make sure he is treated by a Nurse of Muslim faith)
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because its not happening that's why, 99% of Muslims are decent law abiding folk with no malice for others and the quicker we deal with radical extremists the better it will be for all.

Noble words , but I dare say It's only just the beginning....
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member

I laughed at that bit. She was obviously totally oblivious to what was going on. Hopefully she will be suitably shocked when she see it later on TV and the danger she could have been in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »

Hopefully he'll fall off his ladder then.. prat!
  • Options
    gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of those guys in the photo looks like the killer guy from the Wire.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    The West have carved up and divided the Middle East for centuries, in our own best interests. They have happily armed dictators, who are the only people able to control the disparate tribes. The best and only concern to the west was that generally these dictators were, on the whole benign. We reap what we sow. My late husband said that on the night Iraq was invaded. He knew, he was in the British military for 37 years as an officer. He was appalled at the invasion.

Every serviceman I know was in agreement with your husband.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I already do and have done for a couple of years. Nothing to do with terrorist attacks. Everything to do with my family and extended family.

My apologies for my previous posts, I worked in a London hospital during the aftermath of 7/11 hence my utter hatred of terrorists and those who commit acts in the name of religion.

I will proudly wear my H4H t shirt to show my support
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Someones started a Facebook group RIP Woolwich Soldier https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Woolwich-Soldier/136706656523601

Its already got 767 thousand 'likes' :eek:

Oh dear, some of the comments are rather disgraceful.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    EDL

Take a drunken stand.

Any stand is better than no stand.

You would still be saying these things as they were cutting your head off.
  • Options
    gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that guy on sky news is an idiot, good for you Stig speaking up for common sense
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Oh dear, some of the comments are rather disgraceful.

No different from some on this thread though.
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rampent wrote: »
    Just looking at BBC news - that chav eye witness reckons the cops just shot them!! The pair of dicks hung around and just walked to the Police!! And they shot them!!

...and ?
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an idea. Maybe we should've stopped having anything to do with any Islamic country.

Might making filling the car up rather pricey...
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope the poor man died quickly and didn't know anything about it. Such sad news, and my thoughts are with his family. That's all I will say on matters like this, so as not to offend anyone.
This discussion has been closed.