Dexter Season 8 (The Final Season) (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

Comments

• Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see how anyone is going to be satisfied with the how this is going to end.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the treadmill scene again, on reflection I don’t think I took in the awfulness of it in on first viewing. Its comedy gold, the kid seems to be laughing through most of it. I know you can’t expect kids to be great actors, but then don’t put them in a position where they have to actually do some proper acting, like convince viewers they have had a horrendous injury so bad that a wanted criminal pops off to the hospital in plain view, after already escaping about ten near misses. What is going on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tredmill scene with laughter track, yeah I know its mean :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwG3Umzo3Ow&feature=youtu.be

(look out for the adult stunt double as well) :eek:
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    I watched the treadmill scene again, on reflection I don’t think I took in the awfulness of it in on first viewing. Its comedy gold, the kid seems to be laughing through most of it. I know you can’t expect kids to be great actors, but then don’t put them in a position where they have to actually do some proper acting, like convince viewers they have had a horrendous injury so bad that a wanted criminal pops off to the hospital in plain view, after already escaping about ten near misses. What is going on!

I can't see him laughing at all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I can't see him laughing at all?

I tell you who was laughing, the viewers :D

sorry but this show has lost all credibility imo, it doesnt matter what the defenders say, that last episode sealed it. I am litereally only watching to see how the car crash ends and to have a good laugh in the process. tragic as it is, how they have managed to wreck what was a great series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tell you who was laughing, the viewers :D

sorry but this show has lost all credibility imo, it doesnt matter what the defenders say, that last episode sealed it. I am litereally only watching to see how the car crash ends and to have a good laugh in the process. tragic as it is, how they have managed to wreck what was a great series.

Agreed, I am a massive Dexter fan, but that last episode sucked. I couldn't wait for it to end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I am a massive Dexter fan, but that last episode sucked. I couldn't wait for it to end.

I cant wait for the series to end at this point. I wonder how the actors feel about the whole thing, they must know its taken a massive down slide and Jennifer Carpenter must wonder what the hell has been happening with Deb, one minute she loves Dex, next she hates him, then she likes him again out of nowhere when it becomes convenient to the plot, then she has three love interests, then she loves Quinn again after it seemed that was dead and buried. Bet they cant wait for it to end either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait for the series to end at this point. I wonder how the actors feel about the whole thing, they must know its taken a massive down slide and Jennifer Carpenter must wonder what the hell has been happening with Deb, one minute she loves Dex, next she hates him, then she likes him again out of nowhere when it becomes convenient to the plot, then she has three love interests, then she loves Quinn again after it seemed that was dead and buried. Bet they cant wait for it to end either.

I bet she's just taking the money! Kerching! :D
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet she's just taking the money! Kerching! :D

She really hyped the last season up on her twitter account, posted photos, teasers etc. she's quite a good follow!
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I think the end has potential to be more disappointing than Lost and that is saying something!
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    I think the end has potential to be more disappointing than Lost and that is saying something!

In reply to your original post. Cody is nowhere near old enough to be the brain surgeon, plus it's already been shown that it is definitely Oliver Saxon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »

The Lost finale is still leagues above this. At least they made the characters ends satisfying if nothing else, and you could argue it was all about them anyway. Also depending on what side of the fence you were on with the Lost final season you could really say nothing was wrong with it because the standards remained high even if the storyline disappointed many. There's a lot of room for argument there, but with Dexter I think even the defenders know its absolute tripe now (watchable tripe maybe), there is just no defence. The producers are not even bothering, using an adult stunt double for Harrison shows this, ok its just a split second shot but the internet has made a mockery of it in seconds, there vids all over the place. Dexter final season is basically becoming a joke, a very funny/tragic one. Lost's finale was just disappointing, but it had great moments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the writers forget to include Dexter's internal dialogues this week, or did they simply wash over me? I'm sure that quavering, limp little voice MC Hall uses at such moments was conspicuous by its absence.

Anyway, it was soap standard again this week. Harrison falling on the treadmill was the kind of thing you see in Emmerdale (with the same standard of dead-eyed child acting). Why didn't she just put a plaster on it or press on the wound with kitchen towel or a wad of cotton wool, etc? Cuts on that part of the body invariably bleed a lot before stopping quickly, and the boy was obviously calm soon after the event. Or, as others have suggested, Hannah could have called Jamie, Dexter or Deb.

Then, blood spatter expert Dexter decides on impulse to cradle the bloody slit throat of Vogel to his shirt and let her mad son escape. I never believed this thing about Dexter having warm feelings towards Vogel anyway, never mind to that extent. They never once chatted and had a laugh, reminisced in a dreamy fashion, or shared good natured ribbing as friends do. Their relationship was stiff and formal, making his empathy and emotions towards her jarringly out of place for what we, the viewers, actually saw of them. Ditto, Dexter and Hanna, for that matter. They never look relaxed and comfortable together. How did two such people ever become close enough to want to elope together?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tredmill scene with laughter track, yeah I know its mean :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwG3Umzo3Ow&feature=youtu.be

(look out for the adult stunt double as well) :eek:

The person who dubbed the laughter over is comedy genius.

Brilliant.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with others on here. I have always loved Dexter and recommended it to people but this season really is poor in comparison. I used to watch and couldn't wait for the next episode as the various storylines in each show used to be interesting and exciting and the cliffhangers were also good. Not this season just lame in comparison... Big shame.
    P.s Not trusting Hannah at all....
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always used to tell people to watch Dexter, now when someone asks I say only watch season 1-4.
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    I used to think that people who moaned about Dexter should just shut it, it's only a TV series, but now I'm joining your ranks.:D

Season 6 was the first where my anticipation ahead of watching the episodes was declining - it was just something to watch on a Monday.

I wish Dexter had been caught and put on trial or gone on the run.
  • blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I listened to the first ten minutes of the official Dexter podcast the other day. It was quite depressing how immensely PROUD (in an un-ironic way) the two Dexter production guys were of the Harrison On The Treadmill scene.

Listening to them talking about how they regularly put blood on an actor electronically in post-production (rather than use fake blood) and the fact they built a replica of Vogel's apartment purely so that the camera could loom over Dexter and pull up and away as he cradled Vogel in his arms and went "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" (and then subsequently scrapped the shot) made my mind boggle. If only they put that much money and effort into the script.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blightyear wrote: »
    I listened to the first ten minutes of the official Dexter podcast the other day. It was quite depressing how immensely PROUD (in an un-ironic way) the two Dexter production guys were of the Harrison On The Treadmill scene.

Listening to them talking about how they regularly put blood on an actor electronically in post-production (rather than use fake blood) and the fact they built a replica of Vogel's apartment purely so that the camera could loom over Dexter and pull up and away as he cradled Vogel in his arms and went "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" (and then subsequently scrapped the shot) made my mind boggle. If only they put that much money and effort into the script.

What a pair of muppets. Rather than crowing smugly about something no one cares about, and will probably never even see except as DVD extras, they should have been hanging their stupid heads in shame at being part of the crappy team who helped destroy this once fun series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with the above. So many filler scenes with the occasional character death to liven things up. I was actually beginning to hope that Zach would be a bigger part of the show and I thought he could make it interesting - to kill him off seemed a completely unnecessary waste of a character
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the above. So many filler scenes with the occasional character death to liven things up. I was actually beginning to hope that Zach would be a bigger part of the show and I thought he could make it interesting - to kill him off seemed a completely unnecessary waste of a character

Not sure why you spolier tagged that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The funny thing about Zach is I actually finally started to like him and felt his dynamic was working really well with Dex. Then they go and slice his head open!
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

they did that last season with the Russian guy too. He was a good character and then killed him off half way through the season.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only way to redeem this show is to end it by having Doakes jump out with a knife shouting 'Surprise, mother****er!'
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    The only way to redeem this show is to end it by having Doakes jump out with a knife shouting 'Surprise, mother****er!'

Hah yes :D

Or have Hannah turn out to be the ex lover of Rudy who has been playing Dexter all along for revenge, last episode she poisons him and Deb.