An Unearthly Child 50th repeat now unconfirmed

2»

Comments

• Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    tinny wrote: »
    :mad:cant get pc aaboutt a programme right made in the 60s before pc happened , timeewimey

lighten up bbc if thats the deal we are of age and u allowed a baby swapping on eastenders !

I'm sorry. I'm over 50 and don't talk twitter. What did you say?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's not really this, but I've got a vision of any dangerous weapons being CGI'd into harmless objects, and cigarettes replaced with pencils and things.

Then throughout the shows history, imagine restored versions of Hartnell bashing a caveman with a cuddly toy, and cowboys trying to draw the fastest banana, which then still kills the other guy....somehow.

UNIT will turn up at some point with golf clubs slung over their shoulders, and shoot at giant robots with walkie talkies.

Strangely, the Daleks would probably remain untouched lol.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    It will be to do with the smoking, or something as equally pathetic that Beeb bigwigs want editing out.

If it would be, it wouldn't be the BBC bigwigs that want it editing out, but Ofcom, in accordance with the law.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Maybe they are just bunging the DVD release of a few years back into a DVD player at BBC HQ

They'll be using a copy of the video file that is pressed to DVD for commercial release.

Any broadcast engineer would have a fit if they found out they were broadcasting something as easily damaged as a DVD!
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finlux wrote: »
    You'll want it HD & widescreen next :D:D

... and Surround Sound, so it's like Hartnell's actually in the room, fluffing his lines right beside you :D:D