Options

Will people need to have a 3D TV and special glasses to view the November special?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    BBC2 HD? When I looked yesterday on my Sky+ tv guide, it said BBC HD.

I know we are due BBC2 HD either later this year or sometime next year, but I don't think we've got it yet.

No, it's already BBC2 HD (as of last weekend, I think). It's already on my Sky box. It was due late March.

Edit: Beaten to it! :)
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    BBCHD became BBC2HD yesterday.
    I think it's extremely unlikely that they will transmit the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode on BBC1 and BBC2, with the BBC2HD version being in 3D.
    I think they will find some other means of delivering it in 3D, which may mean doing it at different time for Freeview HD viewers, with possibly a simulcast just delivered through the Sky 3D channel, which would be available to everyone on Sky for that period, and a special feed on Virgin cable as well.
    We will see.
    :)
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    I think it's extremely unlikely that they will transmit the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode on BBC1 and BBC2, with the BBC2HD version being in 3D.
    I think they will find some other means of delivering it in 3D, which may mean doing it at different time for Freeview HD viewers, with possibly a simulcast just delivered through the Sky 3D channel, which would be available to everyone on Sky for that period, and a special feed on Virgin cable as well.
    We will see.

Whilst its unlikely that Doctor Who would be shown on BBC2 SD its possible that they could show a change of programming on BBC 2 HD to show the 3D version
  • Options
    shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will see.

My reasoning for thinking it will be 3D on BBC 2 is nicely illustrated by the insane complexity of the suggested alternative solution.:D
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will see.

Sounds like a lovely waste of money.

Or they could just use the existing services and optout BBC Two HD specifically.

Sky won't give the BBC access to the Sky 3D Channel.
  • Options
    GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if this has been asked anywhere else. My son may be away next weekend. He wants to know if we will be able to record the 3D version on our V+ box to watch back in 3D when he gets home? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glanbraint wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been asked anywhere else. My son may be away next weekend. He wants to know if we will be able to record the 3D version on our V+ box to watch back in 3D when he gets home? :confused:

record from channel 994-BBC Red Button HD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    As this thread has been unearthed can I just point out that I agree with everything I previously said. It is not being shown simultaneously on BBC2 HD in 3D, 2D or 1D (I think they're on BBC3), but since those near prehistoric days of March 2013 there has been added to the roster of Freeview an additional HD Red button channel and it could be shown on that, although I haven't seen the schedule for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As this thread has been unearthed can I just point out that I agree with everything I previously said. It is not being shown simultaneously on BBC2 HD in 3D, 2D or 1D (I think they're on BBC3), but since those near prehistoric days of March 2013 there has been added to the roster of Freeview an additional HD Red button channel and it could be shown on that, although I haven't seen the schedule for that.

As i said above its being shown on BBC Red Button HD(the schedules are already up on tivo boxes)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as the normal 2D version is shown on the normal SD version of BBC1 I couldn't give a monkeys where the 3D version is shown
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    As i said above its being shown on BBC Red Button HD(the schedules are already up on tivo boxes)

I was only referring to the Freeview service for which I only have a 7 day epg, the online ones weren't showing Red Button channels. My point was that when most of this thread was written there was no HD Red Button channel on Freeview.

But thanks for the heads up, now to decide whether to buy some ludicrously expensive 3D specs that our Panny needs.