Options

SuBo Drunk or High on US TV

Comments

• Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susan is a good singer she doesn't have a big range but a nice voice check out her performances of mull of Kintyre on the golden jubilee horses show last year also the other night on songs of praise the big sing unfortunately she has done many poor performances too I agree that she would be better singing in church however surely her life is better now than before.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she have more than one brother?

The brother I saw in the documentary about her seemed OK.

That's her brother John. He's the one who called her in NYC, just before the Wendy Williams Show, with Gerard's suicide threat. I don't know whether he's in on it or whether he's just a clueless stooge. But it's Gerard, her youngest brother (59) who's the problem. If Susan gives the word, Gerard will not know what hit him, but he's banking on the fact that she won't do that to a brother. Some brother.
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    twells wrote: »
    No she is not. It is one brother, who has been trying to get hold of her money ever since it became apparent in April 2009 that she was going to make a lot.

Simon Cowell has been a prince. Don't know about other Syco singers, but his behavior to Susan Boyle has been faultless. She has one of the most respected (for his integrity) and empathetic managers in the business, Andy Stephens. Not connected to Syco.

And that is why her wealth is somewhere around $20 million today. And it is that which her feckless brother wants to get his hands on, to the tune of $600,000, so far and counting. Currently, stooping to threats of suicide if she doesn't bail him out once again.

Meanwhile her 16 nieces and nephews, who will inherit one day, see their birthright being pi--ed away, by the delusional ambitions of their uncle.

No one has a "birth right". It's her cash to do with as she pleases. the nieces and nephews can go and get a job.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I'm wondering if she has also been botoxed, her face seemed frozen.
    We are seeing a different Susan to the cheeky and confident person she was during that famous XFactor audition. Her fame has been a mixed blessing for sure. :(

She's always suffered from nerves and anxiety though. her live show performances once she got through weren't as good as her audition, when she had nothing to lose.

I think her fans will cut her some slack as it's partly her story that had them hooked as well as her voice. I watched the recent documentary about her live tour and she obviously goes through agonies of self doubt before she goes on. But unlike us NTs (neurotypical people) she can't control those fearful emotions very well. I hope the people who love her voice will stick by her.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think those of us expressing concern are worried that she is easily explolited. It's not meant in a patronising way at all, just a kind thought for her well being.

But how well off was she beforehand? She obviously had always wanted a career in singing as this was the second time she'd auditioned on TV. Personally, I'd rather be doing a career that I loved, have 20 million in the bank even if I did suffer from crippling anxiety.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    No one has a "birth right". It's her cash to do with as she pleases. the nieces and nephews can go and get a job.

Good point. Bad word. Just that Susan Boyle is very loyal to her family. And has said that her money will be shared among her survivors equally. There are 16 nephews and nieces.She's not going to leave it to something eccentric like a home for cats. As a matter of fact, when she got her first royalty check from Syco she gave every adult in her family $45,000 US.

There's only one foul ball. Her older brother Gerry, who's only real job was when he left school at 16 and apprenticed to an auto mechanic. Last time he ever got his hands dirty. And that was a loooong time ago.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    To me, she just looks very nervous. She strikes me as someone who isn't comfortable performing live and lacks the confidence to be able to move around the stage or cover any mistakes by ad-libbing. She looks like a rabbit caught in car headlights.

Totally agree with you. To me she looked terrified :(

I thought her singing was fine apart from a couple of times when her mouth or teeth didn't want to move. I am sure it was nervous fear.

I feel so sorry for the poor woman :(
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad it was her other brother who was the problem, the one I saw on the documentary looked OK.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »

This.

I hate it when someone's money is described as being a birth right to their relatives. It really isn't.

Edit because I see that's not what Twells was saying at all, but there are too many people who DO believe this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But how well off was she beforehand? She obviously had always wanted a career in singing as this was the second time she'd auditioned on TV. Personally, I'd rather be doing a career that I loved, have 20 million in the bank even if I did suffer from crippling anxiety.

For me, as long as Susan is happy with what she's doing then that's the main thing. It sounds like she would be if not for her disgusting sub-human scumbag of a brother.
  • Options
    thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I live a few miles from Susan Boyle & I can guarantee she's not a drinker so she definitely wasn't drunk.

In a recent article she says,

"I like Christmas parties and mucking about, eating dinner with friends and having a few to drink, of course."

Just last week a tweeter saw her drinking wine at the Saltire in Livingston; and over the years there have been quite a few other people who have seen her drinking - wine, whiskey, white russians. Here she is at the Guinness factory in Dublin:

http://tinypic.com/r/tangy0/5
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she is not. It is one brother, who has been trying to get hold of her money ever since it became apparent in April 2009 that she was going to make a lot.

Simon Cowell has been a prince. Don't know about other Syco singers, but his behavior to Susan Boyle has been faultless. She has one of the most respected (for his integrity) and empathetic managers in the business, Andy Stephens. Not connected to Syco.

And that is why her wealth is somewhere around $20 million today. And it is that which her feckless brother wants to get his hands on, to the tune of $600,000, so far and counting. Currently, stooping to threats of suicide if she doesn't bail him out once again.

Meanwhile her 16 nieces and nephews, who will inherit one day, see their birthright being pi--ed away, by the delusional ambitions of their uncle.

Susan's going to end up being penniless again if she carries on giving in to her brother's emotional blackmail, according to the article. It's such a shame because she could have made an absolute fortune had no one been sponging off her. She might as well start being completely reckless with her money because her brother (according to the article) is doing this for her. Why can't she see that he's supposedly draining her of her fortune?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"I like Christmas parties and mucking about, eating dinner with friends and having a few to drink, of course."

Just last week a tweeter saw her drinking wine at the Saltire in Livingston; and over the years there have been quite a few other people who have seen her drinking - wine, whiskey, white russians. Here she is at the Guinness factory in Dublin:

Well, she could just be holding that glass so she doesn't look the odd one out. I've held tabs for people in the past when I haven't smoked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Susan's going to end up being penniless again if she carries on giving in to her brother's emotional blackmail, according to the article. It's such a shame because she could have made an absolute fortune had no one been sponging off her. She might as well start being completely reckless with her money because her brother (according to the article) is doing this for her. Why can't she see that he's supposedly draining her of her fortune?

I think her nephew going public and Susan's PR confirming it, means that Susan has finally said no more. The other shoe will drop after the holidays when her brother's creditors come after him. He better hightail it to Australia or someplace. Inland Revenue may be after him, too. Did he declare these "gifts".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Susan will have a glass of wine or even spike her 1/2 pint of lemonade with a shot of rum. But she rarely finishes them. She is not a drinker, as any Blackburner will tell you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, as long as Susan is happy with what she's doing then that's the main thing. It sounds like she would be if not for her disgusting sub-human scumbag of a brother.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Well, she could just be holding that glass so she doesn't look the odd one out. I've held tabs for people in the past when I haven't smoked.

During the Dublin stop of her musical tour she went to the Guinness factory for "lunch" three days in a row, & it was over a mile from her hotel. After one of these lunches, she wandered through the shops on her way back to the hotel, & one of the shop owners said she "seemed a little tipsy".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Susan will have a glass of wine or even spike her 1/2 pint of lemonade with a shot of rum. But she rarely finishes them. She is not a drinker, as any Blackburner will tell you.

If she says she'll be having a few on Christmas Day, that implies that she finishes at least a couple, does it not. You have absolutely no way of knowing whether she is in the habit of leaving her drinks unfinished. I remember your insisting for the longest time that she was teetotal. She likes a drink or three, that appears to be a simple fact, why do you try to cover it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Well done.

People taking advantage of the vulnerable, and scammers in general, is one thing that outrages me like little else. It's sick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she says she'll be having a few on Christmas Day, that implies that she finishes at least a couple, does it not. You have absolutely no way of knowing whether she is in the habit of leaving her drinks unfinished. I remember your insisting for the longest time that she was teetotal. She likes a drink or three, that appears to be a simple fact, why do you try to cover it up.

Because I know people in Blackburn and that's what they say. Yes,she is pretty much teetotal, in the sense she is not a regular drinker. And when she does have one she often doesn't finish it. Doesn't enjoy the taste. Everyone knows Susan Boyle isn't a drinker. Why is it so important to you to say she is. Plus, she's a singer and it's not good for the voice.

As to wise cracks about having a few, Susan seems to be desperately trying to seem to be having a wonderful Christmas, partying the season away with her large extended family, while she's worrying herself to death about her brother and what's the next shoe he has to drop. But she looks unwell and as though she hasn't slept in a week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During the Dublin stop of her musical tour she went to the Guinness factory for "lunch" three days in a row, & it was over a mile from her hotel. After one of these lunches, she wandered through the shops on her way back to the hotel, & one of the shop owners said she "seemed a little tipsy".

Hahaha. In Dublin, you don't need to walk a mile for a 1/2 pint of Guiness. Did it occur to you she was just killing time till the show. The Guinness factory is quite interesting and serve a good lunch I believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because I know people in Blackburn and that's what they say. Yes,she is pretty much teetotal, in the sense she is not a regular drinker. And when she does have one she often doesn't finish it. Doesn't enjoy the taste. Everyone knows Susan Boyle isn't a drinker. Why is it so important to you to say she is. Plus, she's a singer and it's not good for the voice.

As to wise cracks about having a few, Susan seems to be desperately trying to seem to be having a wonderful Christmas, partying the season away with her large extended family, while she's worrying herself to death about her brother and what's the next shoe he has to drop. But she looks unwell and as though she hasn't slept in a week.

I only commented on her drinking because another poster said she couldn't have been drinking before the Wendy Williams performance because she doesn't drink - I merely gave some examples (and there are plenty more) to show that she DOES drink, so that statement is invalid. Personally I don't think she was drinking before the show, because she was quite lucid in the interview. And it seems she had some other situations going on to account for the problem singing.

Subo spent Christmas day at the houses of two friends in Bathgate, and I believe she said she was going to be with friends on Christmas Eve as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only commented on her drinking because another poster said she couldn't have been drinking before the Wendy Williams performance because she doesn't drink - I merely gave some examples (and there are plenty more) to show that she DOES drink, so that statement is invalid. Personally I don't think she was drinking before the show, because she was quite lucid in the interview. And it seems she had some other situations going on to account for the problem singing.

Subo spent Christmas day at the houses of two friends in Bathgate, and I believe she said she was going to be with friends on Christmas Eve as well.

What she needs to do is to go away to a spa somewhere and start getting in shape for her tour in the Spring. And get as far away from her brother as possible.
  • Options
    MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO the 'key' body language here marked the fact that she was just plain old 'crupping' herself to put it politely, the body language was her tugging or suggesting this, on the hem of her sparkly jacket which means she was trying to reassure herself that things will be ok. This nervousness could also be the reason why singing seemed off key (tight throat anxiety reaction)

Bless her. She seems to know what she wants though quote "if the money is right" LOLOL
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/susan-boyle-millions-fame-torn-2989597
    What a depressing article, I really do feel for this lady. It seems quite clear that all the family members mentioned in it have one core interest and it's not Susan:(