A question about Console?

BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey I am looking into Buying either A Xbox or a PlayStation for a while and I have no idea what one to buy>????:confused:
Can someone please Help me? :)

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at games out and coming out on both platforms for exclusive games you might fancy.

Weigh up if you already know folk you want to play with and what they have.

If you can go to a game store and get a feel for each controller.

The xbox1 if that's what we're talking, comes with camera which is why it's dearer. Ps4, again if that's what we're talking about doesn't come with one, but available separately, which is why it's cheaper.

Other than that they're much the same.

Best of luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Which generation?
  • BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Look at games out and coming out on both platforms for exclusive games you might fancy.

Weigh up if you already know folk you want to play with and what they have.

If you can go to a game store and get a feel for each controller.

Other than that they're much the same.

Best of luck.

Thank you
    I have been asking people and lets just say its spilt but my brother says to go with the Play station.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you
    I have been asking people and lets just say its spilt but my brother says to go with the Play station.

Its always split and always will be, which is why we fear these threads appearing lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which generation?

Depends maybe either a ps3 or a xbox (360)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Its always split and always will be, which is why we fear these threads appearing lol

trust me I know how it is :)
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends maybe either a ps3 or a xbox (360)

I've got both. Had a 360 since 2006 and a PS3 since 2011. As folk have said, look at the exclusives on each platform and see which you prefer. Multi-platform games are much of a muchness - there's not much in the differences, if any.

I must admit that lately I've been using the PS3 a lot more - Online multiplayer is free on the PS3 but with a PS+ account giving access to loads of fully playable games it's a hard to beat combination. I was really invested in Xbox Live up until recently, having had a gold account since 2005, but I let that lapse in September of this year.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people keep falling for this post. It seems every week there is a different one:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people keep falling for this post. It seems every week there is a different one:confused:

I dunno... almost 18k posts and a member since 2010... didn't strike me as a WUM...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I dunno... almost 18k posts and a member since 2010... didn't strike me as a WUM...

I used to think that, but its far too common these days. I think they are from a different part of the forum, bored.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...I think they are from a different part of the forum, bored.

Ah, true. Keep forgetting that happens...
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy what you like the look of and not what somebody on a forum tells you.

Seriously why do so many people have to get others to decide what they should buy.

At the end of the day if you enjoy games you will have a blast whether you buy a PS3, 360, Wii U, PS4 or an Xbox 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Ah, true. Keep forgetting that happens...

May not be in this case, its just always the same. People with no interest in gaming asking which is better Xbox or PS. Rarely if ever mentions Wii.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Buy what you like the look of and not what somebody on a forum tells you.

Seriously why do so many people have to get others to decide what they should buy.

At the end of the day if you enjoy games you will have a blast whether you buy a PS3, 360, Wii U, PS4 or an Xbox 1.

Asking for opinion is not getting somebody to decide what they should buy. A console is a big outlay, most people myself included want as much information as possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asking for opinion is not getting somebody to decide what they should buy. A console is a big outlay, most people myself included want as much information as possible.

Then do some research. Google is great for that and if you search this forum you will find a million posts like this one, all with a handful of advise and a lot of bickering about which is better, ultimately concluding that they are all great and really its down to your own personal tastes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then do some research. Google is great for that and if you search this forum you will find a million posts like this one, all with a handful of advise and a lot of bickering about which is better, ultimately concluding that they are all great and really its down to your own personal tastes.

Which is what they are doing. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have done research and I all I wanted was some help as I over think everything I buy and I just wanted to make sure if what one is me. I am not asking for someone to go get that one... ok:)
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I have done research and I all I wanted was some help as I over think everything I buy and I just wanted to make sure if what one is me. I am not asking for someone to go get that one... ok:)

As others have said look at what exclusive games appeal to you more and get that one. What ever console you choose I'm sure you will have great fun with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you really have done some research then get a pen and paper and right down a list of pros and cons for each console, if they end up with the same amount for both consoles

Then try writing down the name of the exclusives on each console that interest you

If somehow after both these lists you end up with the same amount for both consoles, then its clear that you will either love or hate both consoles so just get either and enjoy yourself

I Just don't see how starting a thread where person a will say console 1 and person b will say console 2 and so on could possibly help
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is what they are doing. :confused:

Why do people keep falling for posts like this :D
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is worth pointing out that the PS3 has the advantage of free online multiplayer and catch up tv services as well as a Blu-ray Disc player.

Most of the games you are likely to play will be multi platform such as GTA5 or Bioshock and so forth so it won't matter that much on the games front which one you actually choose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I got both and I am an avid Sony fan. However I enjoy the Xbox one more.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueplain wrote: »
    I got both and I am an avid Sony fan. However I enjoy the Xbox one more.

The OP is after a PS3 or Xbox 360.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Now up till this year, i have been 100% Xbox 360 and have been since the day it came out in 2005, but had a PS3 for years, but only played a few games like Metal Gear Solid, and Heavy Rain, and used it mainly for Blu Ray.

BUT, having got PS+ for my PS4 and playing GTA Online with my friends and also The Last Of Us, i think anyone who is looking at a last gen console should maybe go for the PS3 now?

Has Blu Ray and for £40 a year you get access to loads of top games for free!

But in saying that you can't go wrong with a 360 either, and i would be happy with either, but if i had to choose 1 NOW, the PS3 would shade it dues to the reasons above.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks you all have been really helpful and gave me lot to think about... Thanks again:)