Match choice-postponed match.

PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Generally if a programme you have set to record is cancelled for some reason it is simply removed from the epg and obviously also from your planner. Was on late shift last night so set Man C v Sunderland to record but heard it had been called off whilst still at work. Came home and found a seventy minute recording of the caption saying "Manchester City v Sunderland match postponed". Does the fact it's a red button stream prevent Sky from removing it from the epg as described so that it doesn't record, rather than waste an hour recording it?

Comments

• ozsatozsat Posts: 5,740
    Forum Member
    As it is RED button it was never in the EPG for them to remove - although they could remove the option for it to still be prompted to record.

I suspect the RED button record is a enhanced manual record.
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Generally if a programme you have set to record is cancelled for some reason it is simply removed from the epg and obviously also from your planner. Was on late shift last night so set Man C v Sunderland to record but heard it had been called off whilst still at work. Came home and found a seventy minute recording of the caption saying "Manchester City v Sunderland match postponed". Does the fact it's a red button stream prevent Sky from removing it from the epg as described so that it doesn't record, rather than waste an hour recording it?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if Sky have to transmit something even if the match is off, as in the case last night, but maybe it's just good customer practise (from Sky, yeah I know) so that if you were unaware the match had been cancelled and had come home to watch the match unfold, you would at least know it had been cancelled from the caption rather than having nothing in the planner and then you may be left wondering what had happened.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the weather forecasts from earlier in hte day I suspected it might be off anyway. As it happened I checked my phone during my break and found a text from a mate saying it was off but even if I'd been unaware before coming home it wouldn't have taken much investigation to establish what had happened. I take your point though. Question now is when it can be slotted in later in the season as we've already got the 'baggies at home to rearrange because of the league cup final and Liverpool away on cup 6th round weekend could be off as well.

If City go out of the champions league that would free up a few midweeks, one of which could presumably be used?