Options

What should we ask for next?

TestingTimesTestingTimes Posts: 308
Forum Member
Seeing as the next slew of changes (hopefully) are on their way to our HD boxes, what would you have added next to yours?

* I'd like to be able to play back content from my box on a Sky Go device, whilst at home (then take that out to the Cloud and allow access on the same registered device whilst on 3/4G - I get the rights issues, however it's something I want sky to produce)

* Let me manage my planner fully whilst I'm away from home

What's yours?..........

Comments

• Options
    ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    To be able to add an external HDD.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Proper planner sharing
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Box with another tuner and 4tb as its so easy to use the space now days.
  • Options
    hdmoghdmog Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Return of contrast adjustment. I've never been able to get as good an HD picture since that option was removed.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    TiVo apps like Spotify, Netflix, Blingbox and The Weather Channel
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netflix would be nice and yes why was contrast ever removed one of the worst things sky have done.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to sort the planner, ie. the latest thing you've recorded appearing at the top.

I know it's simple to jump with Ch+/- but I think this would save a lot of time for people who archive stuff like films
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Simple reliability would be nice.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Add an external HDD and the ability to correct stretchy vision without having to mess with with my TV's settings!
    And OTT services like Netflix wouldn't be a bad thing aswell as BBC Connected Red Button!
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »

Regards

Mark

Want to expand on that, i find my boxes very reliable.
  • Options
    bubblegunbubblegun Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »

TBH, despite popular moaning, my Sky box has been much more reliable than my Virgin boxes have been historically.
    I have had Sky installed for 7 years and I've had No Satellite Signal once....and that was resolved after the storm cleared. There have been lots of bad storms in the last few years so this is pretty good going, IMHO.
  • Options
    wintvwintv Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Tongue in cheek

The ability to record pause etc without subscription
  • Options
    ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Want to expand on that, i find my boxes very reliable.

Same here.
  • Options
    derek39derek39 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Do away with 3D
    and have a 4K channel. :)
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    derek39 wrote: »
    Do away with 3D

Agree
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ability to hide unsubscribed/unwatched channels from the EPG. There's far too much to wade through that I never, ever watch.

A button on the remote that automatically jumps to the +1 version of a channel (either the currently viewed channel if watching TV, or the currently highlighted channel in the EPG).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek39 wrote: »
    Do away with 3D
    Agree

Sorry, but that is just selfish, there is no need to remove a channel just to get your preferred channels.

If you want 4k, fair enough, but why remove something others might watch, just because you don't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stu0rt wrote: »
    Ability to hide unsubscribed/unwatched channels from the EPG. There's far too much to wade through that I never, ever watch.

This. Definitely this. I've mentioned this many times before and the usual response is that PSB's yadda yadda companies pay for higher slots yadda yadda. All this says to me is that the system is broken and there's not sufficient return on it to Sky, not that it can't be done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    face-off wrote: »
    This. Definitely this. I've mentioned this many times before and the usual response is that PSB's yadda yadda companies pay for higher slots yadda yadda. All this says to me is that the system is broken and there's not sufficient return on it to Sky, not that it can't be done.

Nothing to do with Sky, they have to follow RULES, set out by OFCOM (I believe), so take it up with them first.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    stu0rt wrote: »
    Or even better a favourites system with several tabs available for different genres, and the ability to change the displayed channel order within those tabs.
    :)
  • Options
    simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Add an external HDD and the ability to correct stretchy vision without having to mess with with my TV's settings!
    And OTT services like Netflix wouldn't be a bad thing aswell as BBC Connected Red Button!
    The ability to correct stretchy vision already exists, and works very well on Sky+HD boxes, in the form of Aspect Ratio switching over HDMI but practically all TV's don't support it even though it's a standard feature of most of the chipsets used in digital TV's.
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    A 4K channel or 2
    More 3D channels
    Planner Sharing
    Better Series Stacking
    More storage options (removable HDD Possibly)
    USB support
    Unsubscribed stations with Greyed text
    Sky to actively encourage EPG slot swaps and negotiations to clean up the EPG.
    Better iPad iPhone support and integration
    HD recordable Red button steams.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    simon194 wrote: »
    The ability to correct stretchy vision already exists, and works very well on Sky+HD boxes, in the form of Aspect Ratio switching over HDMI but practically all TV's don't support it even though it's a standard feature of most of the chipsets used in digital TV's.

Well its useless it being a hidden feature..
    If Freesat boxes can make it so, in the menu's and on the remote, Sky have no excuse!
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing to do with Sky, they have to follow RULES, set out by OFCOM (I believe), so take it up with them first.

If it's an OFCOM rule how come channels can be hidden on Freeview EPG's and Freesat EPG's are ordered in a more logical order like all the ITV's and their +1's together etc.

My list:

Be able to sort the EPG logically
    Subscription free recording/playback
    EPG gives you the option to record a different showing if the one you chose clashes
    Automatically ask if you want the HD version of an SD channel if there is one
    Be able to archive TV shows to an external H/D so they can be burnt to DVD on a PC
    DLNA support to stream off a PC/NAS drive
    Netflix/Amazon Instant/Blinkbox/You Tube added to the on demand choices
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTS HD or Dolby HD or at least DTS please :)