Kylie Minogue - 'Kiss Me Once' (Album Thread)

Comments

• kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Lovin the album..much prefer it to Aphrodite. Standout tracks are I was gonna cancel, les sex , kiss me once and if only. I think beautiful is terrible and sexercise doesnt belong on the album..it reminds me of nu-di-ty on X. I didnt like that song either. Overall an 8/10..oh and i like both bonus tracks too. Looking forward to the KMO tour in Sept :)
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiss Me Once Tour announced!

24/09 – Echo Arena, Liverpool
    26/09 – Phones 4u Arena, Manchester
    29/09 – The O2, London
    30/09 – The O2 ,London
    03/10 – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
    05/10 – Capital FM Arena, Nottingham
    07/10 – NIA, Birmingham
    08/11 – The O2, Dublin
    09/11 – Odyssey Arena, Belfast
    11/11 – Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
    12/11 – SSE Hydro, Glasgow
    13/11 – Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield

Tickets go on sale 9AM Friday.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deffo going to the tour
    Kylie is one of the best female performers alive today and it's a brilliant album, as well as her classics. I wish i had gone to the last two tours but money was tight around the X era and the album it's self put me off going to aphrodite, which i regret as it was a phenom tour which i have watched twice on tv.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to try and go to Liverpool for opening night. If that fails, I'll try Manchester. Or Birmingham or Cardiff.

Hopefully I'll get better tickets than I did for Gaga.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After listening to the album more the only three I just can't get into are If Only, Feels So Good and Fine, I find them all so meh.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dublin here I come! :D
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vastly better than Aphrodite. Probably better than X as an album, but X had more standout tracks.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I am just playing the Album now and it sounds so good I think there are loads of potential hit singles on it and the album will to number one. Iam also glad that Kylie has included Belfast in the Tour.

Can't wait untilFriday!!

Kylie's Back. :)
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to see my queen live . Her album is so amazing I screamed the house down when she announce a tour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite annoyed. Album isn't here damn!! Same thing happened with Britney Spears Britney Jean. Also i was looking forward to going to the tour and now my friend cant come with me. Damn it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    iv'e just downloaded the album and will give it a good listen soon ..sounds good :)
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her best album imo! LOVE every track apart from Sexercize. I just can't get into it... Agree though that Beautiful really should NOT be the next single; there are so many better songs on the album.

9/10 from me.

P.S - as I'm working Friday, I'm having to get a friend to get my tickets on Friday! I hope they get me good seats!! Wish tickets weren't on sale at ridiculous times like 9am on a normal working day! >:(
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    I'm quite annoyed. Album isn't here damn!! Same thing happened with Britney Spears Britney Jean. Also i was looking forward to going to the tour and now my friend cant come with me. Damn it.

Same problem. That's what I get for ordering from warners., not even an email to say it's on it's way.

I will need to be quick off the mark for Glasgow tickets it looks like there will only be 1 date.
  • jammygirljammygirl Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Just wondering on what the best bet is for trying to get tickets...
    I know the 02 pre-sales are usually not the best seats so I was planning on waiting until Friday.
    Should I go through Ticketmaster or Livenation though??
    I've had a few frustrating moments on Ticketmaster before but never tried Livenation... any advice??
    I really don't want to miss out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oohh i have it on now, and got some good choons on it :)
  • Special AppearanceSpecial Appearance Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    After listening to the album more the only three I just can't get into are If Only, Feels So Good and Fine, I find them all so meh.

I can't believe that,those 3 are my top 3 favourites. FeelsSo Good is my fave, Fine has good lyrics. I can't get into the cheesey embarrassing ones which unfortunately plague some of the album. Beautiful has banal lyrics, and Million Miles and some of the others are too cheesey. I like the beat to Sexercise, I kind of wish the lyrics were a bit better and less repetitive but I still like playing it in my car :D
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great album! I was worried that, having signed to Jay Z's label, Kylie would start going all bland r'n'b on us, with lots of guest rent-a-rappers but thankfully she hasn't! Apart from the awful Sexcercise and slightly boring Mr President I love every track on the album! I much prefer it to Aphrodite, Body Language and Fever. It's probably even better than X and I love that album! Having been a fan of Kylie's since 1987 I'd been a bit disappointed by some of her material in more recent years but this album is right up there with the best of her stuff! I hardly listen to Aphrodite but this album I'll be playing a lot!

Hope I manage to get a decent ticket for her tour. I'm so pleased she's coming back to Cardiff! She hasn't been to Cardiff since her Fever tour in 2002 so I thrilled she's returning at long last! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is SO good! I love it :)
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After listening for a couple of days I've decided that this album is really good, every track has grown on me so much, I still have my favourites but every track is highly listenable, it really flows well as a pop/dance/electro/almostfunky-ish album.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    €80 to see Kylie in the O2 in Dublin :o Not impressed. I love Kylie but that is far too much for a concert.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    €80 to see Kylie in the O2 in Dublin :o Not impressed. I love Kylie but that is far too much for a concert.

Depends on what your seats are like

I would happily pay that for a Kylie ticket at the front. Kylie is a big draw when it comes to her tours. You know that when you pay that much, you get your moneys worth
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Kylies new video for 2nd single release sexercise is released tomorrow. Personally i think its a terrible choice for a single..its one of 2 tracks i dislike on the album :( i think she shouldve chosen i was gonna cancel but..nevermind
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    What are the UK prices does anyone know? I can't seem to see anywhere. Do we have to wait till the pre-sale/general sale begins to find out?

Would rather know now so I can work out how to convince people to come with me ;-)
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Davido_ wrote: »
    What are the UK prices does anyone know? I can't seem to see anywhere. Do we have to wait till the pre-sale/general sale begins to find out?

Would rather know now so I can work out how to convince people to come with me ;-)

Are you going seated or standing?

I'm looking to go seated in Notts and their seated price ranges are £40.00 (£45.25 with booking fee) and £80.00 (£88.00 with booking fee).

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/kylie-kiss-me-once-tour-nottingham-05-10-2014/event/35004C6E011EBA54?artistid=1055633&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Standing is £45.00 (£50.75 with booking fee).

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/kylie-kiss-me-once-tour-nottingham-05-10-2014/event/35004C6E011FBA56?artistid=1055633&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »

Thanks, never seen the price range button on the site!

I'm going for standing in Glasgow. Same price. £50.75 with the booking fee. Hope my friends can put up with that. I paid £60 for standing at Aphrodite so she's actually put her prices down this time around