Options

Kylie Minogue - 'Kiss Me Once' (Album Thread)

Comments

• Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    €80 to see Kylie in the O2 in Dublin :o Not impressed. I love Kylie but that is far too much for a concert.

I've never seen Kylie live, I want to go to this so so bad but I really don't know if I can justify spending €80 for a ticket :(
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think £50 for a standing ticket is disgraceful, especially as there's no way you can be close to the stage at that price, even if you queue early. They're having a Golden Circle so if you want to be close up and have a decent view you have to pay £90 for the privilege! As for the seats it's around £90 for the best seats too! There are cheaper seats but to be sat so far from the stage it's almost pointless going, if all you see is a dot on the stage a mile away! I had a good seat for her Aphrodite tour and didn't pay anywhere near that amount! I forgot Kylie did come to Cardiff for Aphrodite (contrary to what I said in my earlier post, I forgot, lol) but announced the venue much later. I'd already bought a tkt to see her at another venue by that point. The last time I saw Kylie in Cardiff was her Fever tour. I was 5th row from the stage (it was a fully seated show) and it only cost me about £30! Her On A Night Like This Tour the year before only cost about £25 for a great seat. How things have changed! I love Kylie but can't afford to see her this time, sadly. Not at those prices and I don't waste money to sit at the back! Ah well. I guess it couldn't match her brilliant Anti-Tour show anyway. That was amazing. Less is more, or certainly was in that case, lol!
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album has really grown on me since yesterday. Love Kiss Me Once. I still can't abide Sexercise. God it's AWFUL. Looks like it might be the next single too. Better album than APHRODITE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I think £50 for a standing ticket is disgraceful, especially as there's no way you can be close to the stage at that price, even if you queue early. They're having a Golden Circle so if you want to be close up and have a decent view you have to pay £90 for the privilege! As for the seats it's around £90 for the best seats too! There are cheaper seats but to be sat so far from the stage it's almost pointless going, if all you see is a dot on the stage a mile away! I had a good seat for her Aphrodite tour and didn't pay anywhere near that amount! I forgot Kylie did come to Cardiff for Aphrodite (contrary to what I said in my earlier post, I forgot, lol) but announced the venue much later. I'd already bought a tkt to see her at another venue by that point. The last time I saw Kylie in Cardiff was her Fever tour. I was 5th row from the stage (it was a fully seated show) and it only cost me about £30! Her On A Night Like This Tour the year before only cost about £25 for a great seat. How things have changed! I love Kylie but can't afford to see her this time, sadly. Not at those prices and I don't waste money to sit at the back! Ah well. I guess it couldn't match her brilliant Anti-Tour show anyway. That was amazing. Less is more, or certainly was in that case, lol!

It's 12 years since you paid that for the Fever tour and you don't expect it to have gone up? It's cheap at the price to see a Kylie show. She spends £millions on her shows as you know. Other artists charge more believe me, and you only get half as much.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    The tickets are actually cheaper than the Aphrodite tour so she's brought her prices down.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    What happened to the email we were supposed to be getting in our inboxes this morning for the fan pre-sale? Less than an hour to go! I hate this pre-ticket stress, barely slept a wink.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Tickets booked, with some special help! ;)

Block 15 in Nottingham. :D
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got my tickets to opening night!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite songs from the album are I Was Gonna Cancel, If Only, Les Sex and Sexy Love. Beautiful is the worst.

Overall, I love this album better than Aphrodite.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Got my tickets for Newcastle this morning. Fantasic seats! Cannot wait!!

We've been wanting to see her at Newcastle for years but she didn't bring Aphrodite up here last time - no doubt because of the large staging. We ended up seeing her in Glasgow and the atmosphere was absolute shite. We also saw X in Manchester but were sat quite far back :( We've been to arenas all over the UK and Newcastle is by far my favourite.

Tickets were £48 so I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting about £70 as that's what we paid for Aphrodite. I think X2008 was about £39. But i'm very pleased :D:D Bargain!!!
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks dead on that album cover, its weird how her skin looks perfect but you can still tell she's a lot older, and in that picture she looks dead which is unfortunate.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I've been listening to the album on and off (along with George Michael) the past few days and I love it. It's so much better than Aphrodite.

Is it just me or does 'I Was Gonna Cancel' sound a lot like 'Incredible' from Hard Candy. I do like the song but i'm glad that Pharrell only got his mitts on one song.

Stand outs for me are Sexy Love, Sexercize, Kiss Me Once and Mr President (the way she sings the verses to this song sounds so familiar but I can't for the life of me work out where!)

It's a great mix of styles and definitely her best/most coherent since Body Language. Just a shame Skirt wasn't included.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackapple wrote: »
    She looks dead on that album cover, its weird how her skin looks perfect but you can still tell she's a lot older, and in that picture she looks dead which is unfortunate.

I thought it was supposed to be like a glass coffin or something she was in. Kinda like Snow White.
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried getting tickets this morning but couldn't! :( was gutted... I am going for the meet & greet though... anyone ever been to one with Kylie?

Also, how many tickets will there be for that? If I don't stand much chance in getting any I'd might as well get normal tickets. It's a dream of mine to meet her though...
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually can't get enough of this album
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Sexercize' has become my most played track so far :eek: Hope she performs it on tour and it's not just an interlude.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Jackapple wrote: »

Airbrush and Photoshop.
  • Options
    JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just got myself a Gold Circle ticket to see Kylie in Birmingham!!
    I know someone who is pulling a double shift this weekend!!

It will be my first concert going it alone (petrified, if I'm honest), I campaigned for over a week for friends and family to join me, but they couldn't be convinced.
    LOVE the new album and cannot wait to see my first Kylie tour!!
  • Options
    icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like an old git I have booked seating at Liverpool Echo, might have to go on my own though as we have no one to look after the dogs (plus one dog is 18 and suffers separation anxiety from my partner - weird I know).

With regards to 'Kiss Me Once' - I tend to be very immediate with my music, if I don't like it on the first listen I tend to skip tracks. I didn't really get this album on first play but now I love it after spinning it 3/4 times. Loving Les Sex, I Was Gonna Cancel, Into The Blue, Sexercise, Feels So Good, If Only. Not so sure about Beautiful or Fine but overall a really good album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    it probably sounds better mixed in with her other hits...like on my playlist on ipod i got..something i have already done :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    Like an old git I have booked seating at Liverpool Echo, might have to go on my own though as we have no one to look after the dogs (plus one dog is 18 and suffers separation anxiety from my partner - weird I know).

Don't worry, I booked seating too! My legs get tired way too easily and I need space.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    I just got myself a Gold Circle ticket to see Kylie in Birmingham!!
    I know someone who is pulling a double shift this weekend!!

It will be my first concert going it alone (petrified, if I'm honest), I campaigned for over a week for friends and family to join me, but they couldn't be convinced.
    LOVE the new album and cannot wait to see my first Kylie tour!!

How much are the Gold circle tickets?
    I still haven't got any and I am SO worried! I'm always at work when they're on sale and I really want either VIP or Meet & Greet tickets... I have no chance :(
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    How much are the Gold circle tickets?
    I still haven't got any and I am SO worried! I'm always at work when they're on sale and I really want either VIP or Meet & Greet tickets... I have no chance :(

Gold Circle Glasgow was £80 + £8 booking fee (when will the government do something about that) + £5.50 postage.

Good luck if you try for tickets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Gold Circle Glasgow was £80 + £8 booking fee (when will the government do something about that) + £5.50 postage.

Good luck if you try for tickets.

Thank you! By 9:30 tomorrow morning I'll either be jumping for joy or completely gutted!
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    It's 12 years since you paid that for the Fever tour and you don't expect it to have gone up? It's cheap at the price to see a Kylie show. She spends £millions on her shows as you know. Other artists charge more believe me, and you only get half as much.

Of course I expect tickets to have gone up but not from £30 to £90, which is the equivalent seat/ticket in regards to distance from the stage. That's a ridiculous leap in price! I mean, even the worst tickets to sit right at the back are still more expensive, at £45.

I guess I'm glad I got to see her a few times before the prices went up to ridiculous/rip-off levels. I mean, £90 for decent seats or to be able to stand near the stage is disgusting. Even Madonna didn't cost that much for her MDNA tour and I had amazing close up seats! Same with Rihanna on her Loud tour and Britney on her Femme Fatale tour. All much cheaper tickets.

Btw, I'm not just having a go at Kylie's ticket prices. I know a lot of 'big' gigs today are just priced ridiculously out of range of ordinary people today, with the likes of Beyonce, Gaga and Timberlake to name just three, and it's very frustrating. I love going to live shows and would go to a heck of a lot more if only they were at affordable prices. Sadly I'm not made of money!

Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing Sophie Ellis-Bextor next month and Paul Heaton the following month. £20 tickets and nice intimate venues. Considering seeing Nine Inch Nails too. Should be fun! :)