World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XX (Spoilers)

Comments

• PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do we reckon could happen tonight? What are we hoping for? Surprise returns?

I'm doubtful now on Sting but I'm hoping for at least Paige being called up from NXT.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    At first for some random reason I thought it was QOTSA because the lead singer looks a bit like Josh Homme but I could be wrong:p. Hate to rub it in but I bet TBM is gutted about the outcome to last nights main event although I must say the YES movement is such a stupid name and I also found it weird that when Daniel Bryan debuted on NXT Michael Cole was berating him now 4 years later Coles a belivever in Bryan? Continuty in WWE lives on:D.

I can't speak for anyone else in TBM, but no I'm really not. My one problem with Bryan has been his mic work and the character he has been asked to portray. He deserves his win. And the Yes Movement thing, its just too crap a name to comprehend lol.

I hope he's given his opportunity and can carry the majority fanbase and the expectations on him now.
    Forum Member
    lol done us all a favour then

You're really nice aren't you
  • ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a great WWE Theme (Shame WWE have already changed it)

http://youtu.be/HuVfMVRoFes
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/467239-video-footage-of-the-undertaker-leaving-his-hotel-in-nola-and-boarding-his-tour-bus

Video of Taker leaving his hotel earlier - he's hobbling pretty bad and seems quite beat up. I know that can happen after a match with Brock, but it looks like it's time to call it a day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At first for some random reason I thought it was QOTSA because the lead singer looks a bit like Josh Homme but I could be wrong:p. Hate to rub it in but I bet TBM is gutted about the outcome to last nights main event although I must say the YES movement is such a stupid name and I also found it weird that when Daniel Bryan debuted on NXT Michael Cole was berating him now 4 years later Coles a belivever in Bryan? Continuty in WWE lives on:D.

TBF I was expecting it so accepted the moment to crown Daniel Bryan a now 4 time world champion.

As I've said before he is amazing in the ring, its just the rest of his persona that is dire like his mic work, image, this Yes bollocks. He does a lot of things a certain other star gets slaughtered for.

It's going to be interesting to see how he fairs with a title run under his wing. He'll without doubt need to update his gimmick every so often to stay fresh and popular.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overall, I didn't love mania. HHH vs Bryan and the Andre the Giant Battle Royale were both good. But everything else- nah.
    The Diva's match was a awful I predicted it would be.
    The Shield vs NAO and Kane was a waste of time and talent.
    Lesnar's win was kind of heartbreaking.
    The Title match, I wasn't particularly bothered about. I'd actually forgotten that Orton and Batista were at Mania until the commentators mentioned it. It was so obvious who would be winning that I just didn't invest anything into at all.

I thought it was a bit of a let down too. Not seen the tag match, otherwise disappointing. Wyatt Cena was compelling but didn't quite live up to expectations but the result looks a woeful decision at the moment.

I can go either way with the streak ending, the next couple months decide if they got that right, but the match was nothing really, the Divas even less of one.

Even putting aside I cannot bear Bryan, the two results were completely predictable, especially after Lesnar.

Battle Royal was ok, but Cesaro not even being billed in it and the only tag guy to get a slot felt desperate, once he was that was predictable too, but glad he won and will get a push.

Still felt like a RAW event, as did all 3 minutes of the Shield who were wasted. As were the other 2 Wyatts.
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/467239-video-footage-of-the-undertaker-leaving-his-hotel-in-nola-and-boarding-his-tour-bus

Video of Taker leaving his hotel earlier - he's hobbling pretty bad and seems quite beat up. I know that can happen after a match with Brock, but it looks like it's time to call it a day.

He's probably going to need surgery again, as he does seemingly routinely after his match. I'm not getting my hopes up, and I know in all likelihood he's done, but anything is possible.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Wow, how are some people complaining about WM30!

Even if I didn't agree with some of the results it was on the whole a awesome show and for me up there in my top 5 WM ever.

To say it felt like a Raw event is quite frankly wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do we reckon could happen tonight? What are we hoping for? Surprise returns?

We're meant to get RVD, which is ok but not breathtaking.
    Forum Member

Never got the whole attraction of RVD, does nothing for me at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus, one of the most dramatic and emotional nights in the history of wrestling which saw the streak end and the guy fans have been begging to get the title for almost a year winning the belt AND beating HHH clean, not to mention Hogan, Austin and Rock in the ring together to open. People want to describe that as being like a Raw event?!?

I really don't know what WWE would have to do to please some people.
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRYAN IS CHAMPION YES YES YES YES FINALLY!!!

Gutted Taker lost though bad move IMO but was Takers call i guess.
  • ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But RVD is RVD's favourite wrestler, so someone will be happy to see him.
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    This is a great WWE Theme (Shame WWE have already changed it)

http://youtu.be/HuVfMVRoFes

I know I keep mentioning Paige but I would love it if Adam Roses theme music plays during tonights Raw that would be the most surprise debut ever:D.
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't speak for anyone else in TBM, but no I'm really not. My one problem with Bryan has been his mic work and the character he has been asked to portray. He deserves his win. And the Yes Movement thing, its just too crap a name to comprehend lol.

I hope he's given his opportunity and can carry the majority fanbase and the expectations on him now.

Same as Hollie - I'm not upset at all. I like Bryan as a person and a wrestler - just find his character annoying and this whole 'Yes Movement' thing and hype around him irritating. I was happy to see him win - I even let out a smile.
    But now it's his opportunity you have to think - so he has to make the most of it.

I'm glad too that the main event where he won it was a great match - feel good for all 3 of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBF I was expecting it so accepted the moment to crown Daniel Bryan a now 4 time world champion.

As I've said before he is amazing in the ring, its just the rest of his persona that is dire like his mic work, image, this Yes bollocks. He does a lot of things a certain other star gets slaughtered for.

It's going to be interesting to see how he fairs with a title run under his wing. He'll without doubt need to update his gimmick every so often to stay fresh and popular.

Such as?

I don't understand all this nonsense about people saying his mic work is crap or his look is crap or he has no charisma. He has the most natural connection with the crowd of anyone this side of Rock and Steve Austin.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was a bit difficult to watch to be honest, I definitely don't think he will be there on Raw I also saw Michelle in the video this time :blush:.

Here is a link from Michelle McCool's twitter recently replying to someone about Taker https://twitter.com/McCoolMichelleL/status/453284922774401024.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such as?

I don't understand all this nonsense about people saying his mic work is crap or his look is crap or he has no charisma. He has the most natural connection with the crowd of anyone this side of Rock and Steve Austin.

Like shouting down the mic, playing the comeback 'superman' mode like he did last night. You cannot deny there are fast growing similarities developing between Daniel Bryan and Cena and if I'm going to be very touchy that shoulder injury that was completely forgotten about at the end of the match.

And I would hardly say its nonsense, he lacks charisma, the look is obviously a subjective thing but to me its abysmal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His character is a wrestler who built his way up from the indy scene to WWE but could only ever reach a certain level because there's usually a glass ceiling for people of his stature. That's so close to reality it's untrue. HHH and Stephanie as the evil office types are the perfect antagonists for that sort of character too.

I do think the Yes Movement name is naff as hell though but that's on WWE for trying to make an organic thing their own.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooh Kharma. I always feel really sorry for her now. I hope she will be back one day. Hoping Cody really gets pushed now. I like Cesaro but I want Cody to show his potential (as much as I love The Brotherhood)

Kharma would be a nice surprise if she came back tonight, but it's not realistic

She had/has a ready made storyline when she left saying she hoped the Bellas would still be there when she came back, and the crowd pop for her would be really good

Or even better, her or/and Paige come out when Mrs Brooks brags tonight she has beaten all the divas on the roster
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im so upset the streak ended. Especially to brock lesnar. It was shocking yes! But takes the nostalgic feel away from wrestlemania. This may be his last but he should of won and retired. Worst decision wwe has made ever!

Daniel bryan is champion, great way to end the story! So glad batista didnt win otherwise it would of been a disaster.

The rock, austin, hogan in the same ring together = AMAZING
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    First time posting but read some stuff some quite crazy views here..how people can say Bryan has a crap character is just silly because he connects like nobody else can it seems like people just want to go against the majority to seem cool..undertaker is probably 4 years past his best too so probably good he has gone now..hope the yes movement carries on now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like shouting down the mic, playing the comeback 'superman' mode like he did last night. You cannot deny there are fast growing similarities developing between Daniel Bryan and Cena and if I'm going to be very touchy that shoulder injury that was completely forgotten about at the end of the match.

The whole story was that he was having the deck stacked against him so it makes sense to play that into the match. Plus, they had to go completely OTT for that match to bring the crowd back after the streak ended. This was him fighting through every obstacle to finally get over the line, something we just don't get from Cena because he never has any setbacks. I never buy into him being vulnerable as much as I do with Bryan because there's a genuine chance that things won't go his way because Vince wants Batista as champion or something.
    Forum Member
    Can people stop saying that the WWE have made a huge mistake in making Taker lose!!!!

Taker made the choice to lose. No creative team or Vince, this was down to Taker. That is why everyone should respect it. Is the way after 21 years he wanted it to end.
This discussion has been closed.