Streets Of San Francisco on CBS Action

PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies for starting another thread but despite searching I can't find the thread that mentioned CBS Action were showing "Streets".Anyway, question is have I missed the pilot episode or did they not show that?

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Apologies for starting another thread but despite searching I can't find the thread that mentioned CBS Action were showing "Streets".Anyway, question is have I missed the pilot episode or did they not show that?

I hadn't noticed this was on, so thanks for the reminder!
    The 2 hours pilot seems to have not been shown, but I noticed the first two episodes are on tomorrow at midnight and 1am so I've V+ the series from there.
    And I managed not to miss any episode, yay! :)
  • clarendelclarendel Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    This brings back happy memories. I used to love the Streets of San Fransisco.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at an episode guide, anyone know why they didn't show "45 Minutes From Home" (S1 ep 4)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another episode, "Harem", appears to have been missed out from season 2 unless I'm very much mistaken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Second episode missing from season two as they went from "Crossfire" to "Inferno" and missed out "A String Of Puppets".

NB: My observations are based on recording/watching the 7pm showings-I've not been watching the weekend omnibus so not sure if these three missing episodes have been shown at other times.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Tonight's episode was the last scheduled to be shown for the time being, Hawaii Five-0 takes over from tomorrow.>:(

For anyone interested in the episodes that have not been show, they are all on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+streets+of+san+francisco+full+episodes
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode was the last scheduled to be shown for the time being, Hawaii Five-0 takes over from tomorrow.>:(

For anyone interested in the episodes that have not been show, they are all on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+streets+of+san+francisco+full+episodes

According to their mouthpiece on Facebook, Streets of San Francisco will return in the Autumn.
    Mark Dukakis
    Why are you stopping The Streets Of San Francisco after this week please? There are more than two seasons, yet you're replacing it with Hawaii Five O. Please tell me it will return for the final 3 seasons ....
    Like · · April 8 at 3:05am

Marguerite Boggans likes this.
    View 1 more comment
    CBS Action We plan to bring further seasons of Streets of San Francisco later in the year
    April 8 at 9:56am · Unlike · 1
    Mark Dukakis Hello. Many thanks for responding. I shall look forward to the return of this iconic show (Streets Of San Francisco) later in the year. That's good news, thank you.
    April 8 at 4:11pm · Like

Marguerite Boggans
    Have you decided whether you will show the remaining seasons of The Streets of San Francisco or not....I for one will truly miss it!.....Please....please....please......I will be forever grateful....
    Unlike · · April 8 at 4:39pm via mobile

You like this.
    CBS Action We may have some plans for the autumn...
    April 8 at 4:41pm · Like · 1
    Marguerite Boggans Great News!....CBS ACTION you are the best!...Please make it happen and thank you for showing the first two seasons.....It has been terrific to watch them again after all these years....
    April 8 at 4:44pm · Unlike · 1
    CBS Action We are very pleased that you enjoyed them so much
    April 8 at 4:45pm · Like · 1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have messaged 'em asking about the three missing episodes......will post any response.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CBS Action are showing Season 3. In fact it started last week. They stopped at S2 last time around. Hopefully this time they will show every episode until the end.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,857
    Forum Member
    I only started to watch this about a month ago after getting Sky plus HD and being able to record more than one programme at a time and I love this programme, it is great! I love what good moral people the main characters are and the good moralistic tone the programme took and some of the ladies in it are gorgeous!

One question I have which I find very confusing is why does Mike Stone's daughter Jeannie, call him Mike and not dad for? Their kissing on the lips I find a bit odd if not disturbing too. If she was his daughter in law, then I'd understand but even then the kissing on the lips would be a bit full on even for that. What's going re Mike and his daughter?
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she was his adopted daughter?
    Looking forward to watching it again when the channel launches on Freeview next month.
    Forum Member
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    Maybe she was his adopted daughter?
    Looking forward to watching it again when the channel launches on Freeview next month.

It always amazes me what channels appear on freeview but if you pay for the channels on a package with Sky/Virgin, you almost have to subscribe to the main packages to get channels like CBS action, yesterday and others.

As for the daughter, maybe, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere though.
    Forum Member
    Having watched some more episodes, they do ring bells from a very long time ago. I'm sure I must have seen some in the early to mid 80's.

They sure did bring back a lot of the actors they used before in previous episodes didn't they? I quite like that they did.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarendel wrote: »
    This brings back happy memories. I used to love the Streets of San Fransisco.

I remember watching this sometimes when it was on back then. A lot of the series from back in the '70s and '80s are starting to be reshown now, which is a good thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I only started to watch this about a month ago after getting Sky plus HD and being able to record more than one programme at a time and I love this programme, it is great! I love what good moral people the main characters are and the good moralistic tone the programme took and some of the ladies in it are gorgeous!

One question I have which I find very confusing is why does Mike Stone's daughter Jeannie, call him Mike and not dad for? Their kissing on the lips I find a bit odd if not disturbing too. If she was his daughter in law, then I'd understand but even then the kissing on the lips would be a bit full on even for that. What's going re Mike and his daughter?

She's definitely his biological daughter, as it was mentioned in an early episode. I also recall she called him Daddy once, and he became very emotional ... later explained to Keller that she hardly ever calls him that.

Maybe it's a thing daughter's of cops called their dad's in the US back then, as Christine Cagney always called her father 'Charlie' as well.

I did read somewhere that Stone was an absent father when Jeanie was a child as he was always working so that is why she knew him as Mike.

All guess work though .... :)

A shame CBS Action are not going to show seasons 4 & 5 quite yet. They're back to S1 again (for the 3rd time this year)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you said Jimmy, they are showing S1 which means that Jeannie Stone's first episode as played by Darlene Carr, "Beyond Vengeance" is on Tuesday.
    I found IMDb's thread on the subject while perusing their pages on the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As you said Jimmy, they are showing S1 which means that Jeannie Stone's first episode as played by Darlene Carr, "Beyond Vengeance" is on Tuesday.
    I found IMDb's thread on the subject while perusing their pages on the series.

I am going to watch it again Simon. :) Even though I have seen them numerous times this year, I am watching them all over again. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't do that. I can never re-watch anything less than a few years in between viewings, otherwise I start feeling a case of deja vu[/] thinking "I know what's going to happen here. Why do I put myself through this?!!"
    Forum Member
    She's definitely his biological daughter, as it was mentioned in an early episode. I also recall she called him Daddy once, and he became very emotional ... later explained to Keller that she hardly ever calls him that.

Maybe it's a thing daughter's of cops called their dad's in the US back then, as Christine Cagney always called her father 'Charlie' as well.

I did read somewhere that Stone was an absent father when Jeanie was a child as he was always working so that is why she knew him as Mike.

All guess work though .... :)

A shame CBS Action are not going to show seasons 4 & 5 quite yet. They're back to S1 again (for the 3rd time this year)

I was watching an episode a few days ago and i think its from series 1 and its an episode where Jeanie's friend was murdered on a bus shortly after Jeanie got off that bus. Jeanie was talking about her dad as Mike then and right at the end of the episode she called him dad/daddy as she said goodbye to him and Mike Stone hinted that it had been ages since she last called him that.

I got the feeling that she might have been pscyhologically damaged after the death of her mother but thats also me assuming the mother is dead. Your theory could be right too.

Jeanie was quite a determined young woman. Even in that episode she seemed to be only 18 and this was set/made in the 70's and she was talking about what would make her dad accept a boyfriend and said as long as she could get him to accept it wasn't just a sex thing. i found that quite full on for that time period and in a conservative country then and still is now to a large extent including on TV it seems.
    Forum Member
    While this programme was generally excellent with brilliant guest actors it does get on my nerves with the way Mike Stone keeps on calling Steve Keller "Buddy Boy" in series 1.

Am I right in assuming this must have irritated a lot of people when it was aired originally as I don't recall Stone calling him that in series 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...And they've stopped with the last episode of S3, "Solitaire". Just as Jimmy said just over three months ago! No sign of any other seasons for the time being.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...And they've stopped with the last episode of S3, "Solitaire". Just as Jimmy said just over three months ago! No sign of any other seasons for the time being.

S4 starts next Tuesday (24th March) at 4pm. :) ---- "Season 4 Episode 1: Poisoned Snow" ---- Apparently S5 is to follow straight afterwards.

I know they have a habit of changing their minds so fingers crossed.
  • cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh brilliant, cheers Jimmy!

I was surprised to see a Dexter double bill buried away at 2am on a Sunday once a week. Very odd scheduling sometimes with this channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh brilliant, cheers Jimmy!

I was surprised to see a Dexter double bill buried away at 2am on a Sunday once a week. Very odd scheduling sometimes with this channel.

They do seem to have very strange scheduling don't they Cody.

I shall have to record S4 of Streets of San Francisco as it's only on once a day. No repeat as far as I can see.