Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was interested to see how Nel pushed the point that OP insisted he could 'hear' the window slide.....not just hear it hit the window frame ut the actual slide....
    I wonder how many law undergraduates will watch this trial as part of their course!!!

and he could hear the window sliding and banging shut when it can slide no further WHILE the fans were on and whirring away !! That's interesting, because if he could hear so much at the same time, then why couldn't he hear Reeva screaming or crying out in pain after he fired the first shot, through the noise of his ears 'ringing' ?

As for the ears ringing, Oscar forgot to mention that while Nel was cross examining him, in fact Nel reminded him. Not only that, Nel said to Oscar : that the neighbours heard a woman screaming, and Oscar said there was no woman screaming...... So Nel said "How did he know there was no screaming from Reeva when he said he couldn't hear anything because of his ears ringing "

GOTCHA !
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huwmichele wrote: »
    Reevas mobile was on the bathroom floor so why didn't he automatically think it was her in the toilet and call to her.

i thought it was found under a towel? was it actually on the floor?
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    I think the photo is wrong.

Here is one allegedly showing the wash basin:

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1719477.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/The%20bathroom%20in%20Oscar%20Pistorius%27%20house-1719477.png

Here is a crime scene photo showing the toilet from the bathroom:

http://media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2013May/pistorius-1_660_053113055850.jpg

I don't believe there is room in the bathroom for the shower, and the toilet and a wash basin, as shown in the first photo. It looks to me as if the shower was put in later (or whatever) and took the place of where the wash basin is in the first photo.

I edited my post, because I think you're right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also why was reeva covering her head to protect herself?

that means she clearly knew she was going to be shot at.
  • barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Do you believe that OP found it in the toilet? Or was it found where she dropped it on the bathroom floor? Or was it planted by someone?

in toilet.... but there was hardly any room in there, when he hit hip first and she crumpled down.. her phone prob went down with her body, it was really small in there and a toilet andbasin too in there...
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Reevas mobile was on the bathroom floor so why didn't he automatically think it was her in the toilet and call to her.

I guess it's conceivable that in the gloom he wouldn't notice a pale iPhone against the pale tiles of the bathroom floor. But yes, it does seem odd that he missed it. Maybe he was fixated on the door and the window.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I don't know how she is being so strong :( So heartbreaking when the camera is on her.

I struggle with the fact that he has the 'right' not to be on camera while testifying but the camera can settle on her throughout what must be completely harrowing testimony for her. I think there's a lesson to be learned here for future TV coverage. I have a real ethical dilemma with this....I am interested in gauging the family responses but I don't think our public interest can really outweigh and justify this intrusion on their grief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at today's testimony , when Nel said did she scream when you fired the bullets into the door, OP said no. When Nel said " did she scream when the first bullet hit her in the hip" ? The silence was tangible. OP could not and would not answer.
    if he was innocent he would have reacted immediately and with distress and fear at not being believed
    but he didn't. -- there was a long noticable PAUSE , very very telling - he might just as well have admitted it there and then. But after thinking and concentrating on his 'answer' he gave the rehearsed spiel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in toilet.... but there was hardly any room in there, when he hit hip first and she crumpled down.. her phone prob went down with her body, it was really small in there and a toilet andbasin too in there...

was her phone found in the bathroom or the actual toilet she was in?
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Kapp, I'm thinking the image with the basin is a different loo altogether - a guest bedroom, or the downstairs loo. Theres no window anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    also why was reeva covering her head to protect herself?

that means she clearly knew she was going to be shot at.

ofcourse,, she was apparently shot first in the hip, she collapsed down and obviously covered head in that tiny tiny space
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lighten up

as horrific as this is i was just wondering the stage their ''relationship'' was at.

And that will lend what exactly to your better understanding of this murder trial? None.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's conceivable that in the gloom he wouldn't notice a pale iPhone against the pale tiles of the bathroom floor. But yes, it does seem odd that he missed it. Maybe he was fixated on the door and the window.
    I love your posts Kap...I play a little game where I read the post and then see if I can guess who's posted it......I always get your right!!!!:)
    Forum Member
    I edited my post, because I think you're right.

:)

The point was that I suspect she would've washed her hands after using the toilet. It might explain why she was in the bathroom at the time Pistorius shouted out. Maybe she was drying her hands. Dunno.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was her phone found in the bathroom or the actual toilet she was in?

OP said he picked it up from the toilet cubicle.. he said.....
    I heard his testimony, it was clearly in the toilet cubicle... according to OP .. he said he picked It up to make a call .... but it needed the pass word as in sleep mode then... this was in his questioning last week...
    Forum Member
    I love your posts Kap...I play a little game where I read the post and then see if I can guess who's posted it......I always get your right!!!!:)

Not sure whether to be pleased or offended. Probably both :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP said her phone was in the cubicle.... that is all we can know as she cant tell us !!
  • GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I don't think it's that interesting and what has it to do with the case.? Do we need to know these details? I don't think so unless it has some bearing on the case. Her life has been dragged through the mud enough to my mind. But if its interesting to some people , so be it.

It could have been used in the defence if they had that night. I'm sure Roux would have asked him during their briefings. The fact that's it's never been mentioned makes me think that they didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought it was found under a towel? was it actually on the floor?
    yes, but who knows even if she took it in there --
    Oscar could have put it in there - either to call someone for help, or he took it off her during the evening during the argument
  • AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ok. I couldn't see one in any of the crime scene photos I've looked at.

2 side-by-side sinks

Photo

Plan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg....that's such an obvious and excellent point.....
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has little or no bearing on the case. No evidence led by either side so only interesting to prurient vicarious thrill seekers.

Not necessarily a very long shot but not impossible they fought because one probably didnt want to have sex with the other?

In their whatsapp it one of them says I love sleeping NEXT to you, not with you. Certainly nothing sexual in their messages....but this is just conjecture.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GODDESS wrote: »
    It could have been used in the defence if they had that night. I'm sure Roux would have asked him during their briefings. The fact that's it's never been mentioned makes me think that they didn't.

The fact that neither the prosecution nor the defence have referred to it says it all and that's zero.
    Neither have they referred to the fact that he appears to prefer youngish blondes. I wonder why that is?
    Forum Member
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    2 side-by-side sinks

Photo

I believe those are in the bathroom not in the toilet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kapp, I'm thinking the image with the basin is a different loo altogether - a guest bedroom, or the downstairs loo. Theres no window anyway.
    yes, think so. Oscar had an ensuite, there's other bathrooms in that house.
This discussion has been closed.