CS - Brooke Vincent

Comments

• BonesMcCoyBonesMcCoy Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    I liked her in the early days, even when Sawphie got with Sian, then whenever they argued and "made up" they'd do that high pitch whining, and that's when I got sick of her. Even the actress playing Sian started doing it. Now she's nothing but whiny all the time. Isn't she meant to be 19/20 years old? Plus it's still the same old performance from Brooke.

I'll probably being the minority here that actually doesn't mind madeeeeeh, and the actress that plays her. Brooke just winds me up though and TPTB doesn't help by continuing to make her character whiny and unlikable.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I never tire of saying,(!) compare Sophie Webster/Brooke Vincent to her peer group on EE - Peter, Lucy, Lauren, Abbie, Dexter, Lola and Jay. They are better characters and actors and make Sophie Webster/Brooke Vincent look laughable.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    As I never tire of saying,(!) compare Sophie Webster/Brooke Vincent to her peer group on EE - Peter, Lucy, Lauren, Abbie, Dexter, Lola and Jay. They are better characters and actors and make Sophie Webster/Brooke Vincent look laughable.

I think they are all crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^^^ But maybe not as crap as Brooke Vincent on the soap crap-o-meter!

I should have added Whitney and the new kids at the pub. The EE lot seem more grown-up and have more interaction with people their own age whereas Sophie Webster is a child who is forever screeching at Sally and stamping off in a huff.

IMO EE have a better range of characters and actors than Corrie. Corrie is just a big joke at the moment.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

My god, she even towers above most of them, especially the dire Dexter, Lola and Jay. Lucy was ok, oopps, they killed her off, never mind, Peter is too ok yah now.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    ^^^ But maybe not as crap as Brooke Vincent on the soap crap-o-meter!

I should have added Whitney and the new kids at the pub. The EE lot seem more grown-up and have more interaction with people their own age whereas Sophie Webster is a child who is forever screeching at Sally and stamping off in a huff.

IMO EE have a better range of characters and actors than Corrie. Corrie is just a big joke at the moment.

Whitney is played by a good actress (if given a chance i.e. when she isn't just the local bike) and I do quite like Nancy and Johnny so far.
  • Busy_LizzieBusy_Lizzie Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Horrible accent!
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The younger cast members on Corrie don't seem to have anything to do with each other whereas I quite like the Eastenders yoof all hanging out together. I can see that Katy and Sinead aren't ever going to be besties, but with Katy's mate Steph now living with Tina, there's a link there. Does Sophie have any friends or do they all have to be girlfriends? She was less insufferable when she was friends with Ryan and as I hated him with a passion, that's really saying something!

There's absolutely zero character development with her. I think a lot of it is the fault of the writers, but some of the more dramatic scenes with Maddie have really shown her up to be a terrible actress. I sometimes wonder what goes through the head of the girl playing Maddie when she has to share scenes her. While she's playing a very unlikeable character, she's actually quite good, just tainted by association with screeching Sawphie.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    :confused:

Uhh!! Hate to keep going on, but did this really need ANOTHER topic starting?

A simple search would have found the 100 other Anti-Sophie Webster threads flooding DS.

Don't see what peoples problem with her is, well I do, but it will get denied to the hills.

People say she can't act, well clearly she can or the casting department wouldn't have employed her, it does make me chuckle when someone is disliked, they automatically can't act!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    My god, she even towers above most of them, especially the dire Dexter, Lola and Jay. Lucy was ok, oopps, they killed her off, never mind, Peter is too ok yah now.

BIB Yep and Corrie would never be brave enough to do the same with Sophie Webster or to re-cast.

The EE lot get more diverse SLs, so there's a lot more going on in their lives. All Sophie Webster does is smirk at the grown-ups and screech. Quite frankly I doubt she is capable of anyhing else. Corrie are weak at having teen/20s groups. Apart from the occasional converation with Steph and running after her latest girlfriend. Who does Sophie ever have contact with from her own age group?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

Uhh!! Hate to keep going on, but did this really need ANOTHER topic starting?

A simple search would have found the 100 other Anti-Sophie Webster threads flooding DS.

Don't see what peoples problem with her is, well I do, but it will get denied to the hills.

People say she can't act, well clearly she can or the casting department wouldn't have employed her, it does make me chuckle when someone is disliked, they automatically can't act!!!!!

Do you just have a problem with Sophie threads or do you also object to numerous threads on other soap actors? Sophie like many others is unpopular because of her crap SLs and dire acting skills.

Ever thought that's the reason she might be disliked? :D

She's never made the transition from child actress to adult actress. I don't think Corrie care. After all there are a number of the cast who are hopeless actors.

I always have a chuckle when posters get so outraged by threads on a particular topic/person but I'm not going to say as it 'will get denied to the hills'! ;-):D:D:D

Someone needs to give that girl a damned good bitch-slapping!
  • Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Coronation Street is full of pointless characters that were good in their hey day and resting on those laurels - Kirk, Chesney, Sophie, Lloyd to think of a few. Even Jason is a pretty pointless character These days and the introduction of his dad and Todds return have just made him seem more like deadwood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is without doubt the worst actress on that show. The thing is that annoys me she seems to be more interested in being a celebrity being papped by the mail etc than improving as an actress. I wish Corrie would axe Sophie.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member

Dexter, I grant you isn't great but the rest of them are great. Jamie Borthwick and Danielle Harold in particular are amongst some of the strongest actors on the show. (which is quite an extensive list)
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I agree with the OP .. I think the acting ability of the actress is shockingly poor....
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Isn't it quite rare for a child soap actor to grow up looking as attractive as Brooke is, though? For that reason alone her job is safe.
    Attractive? she is a plain Jane with weird lips ;) not that that matters, it is her useless acting that bothers me. get rid.

With a chin like Desperate Dan
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    To my mind and I dont mean this nastily but I personally get the impression that Brooke in the past year or so has become more preoccupied with the showbiz side of her job and maybe thats played a part in her not putting her all into her role in recent times.I dont think shes inherently a poor actress but maybe shes took her eye off the ball and become distracted?She needs to refocus is my hunch.
    ^Hard to explain but just the impression I get from her social media accounts.Theyd never recast Sophie though of that Im sure.

Sadly that is the impression I've had too in recent months, plus she keeps coming across as increasingly bitchy. Don't blame her for embracing the showbiz side really as I guess they never know when it is all going to end. Some of her more bitchier comments on twitter and instagram don't do her any favours though as she's coming across as being very full of her own importance.
    She is without doubt the worst actress on that show. The thing is that annoys me she seems to be more interested in being a celebrity being papped by the mail etc than improving as an actress. I wish Corrie would axe Sophie.

Even worse than wet voiced Fiz :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly that is the impression I've had too in recent months, plus she keeps coming across as increasingly bitchy. Don't blame her for embracing the showbiz side really as I guess they never know when it is all going to end. Some of her more bitchier comments on twitter and instagram don't do her any favours though as she's coming across as being very full of her own importance.

I've never seen any of her social media stuff. But BIB - Just like her character. She's a very self-entitled person in Corrie. She's such a crap actress perhaps she just plays herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never seen any of her social media stuff. But BIB - Just like her character!.
    She's a very self-entitled person in Corrie. She's such a crap actress and going on what you say, perhaps she just plays herself.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teagenie wrote: »
    Just been catching up on Corrie, im about a week behind so ive been watching the episodes where Sawfeh and Maddeh sleep rough and eventually move in with Kevin.

Im finding it hard to continue watching as Brooke Vincent is such a terrible actress. Ive never really noticed before but she really is awful.

Plus her constant pouting is incredibly annoying...

>:(>:(

Yes, she is poor. She's not an attractive or pleasant character for the most part, but the actress is worst when she has to try to convey some kind of more intense emotion.

And I wish she'd stop fiddling with her hair all the time!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I've never seen any of her social media stuff. But BIB - Just like her character!.
    She's a very self-entitled person in Corrie. She's such a crap actress and going on what you say, perhaps she just plays herself.

Her on-screen sister was made into a bimbo to fit the actress playing her, Must be something about that family, Limited actresses so they turn them into versions of themselves
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Her on-screen sister was made into a bimbo to fit the actress playing her, Must be something about that family, Limited actresses so they turn them into versions of themselves

I see your point. At the end Rosie was the same on screen and off. But she did play the 'posh' private school girl and the goth (overnight transformation if I recall! ;-) ) quite well. These days I think Helen Flannigan is just playing bimbo just like she played Rosie!

In the other hand, Brooke Vincent couldn't play anything different than an immature, gobby and self-entitled brat. According to reports on her, she is just like that on her social media.
  • ewing23ewing23 Posts: 7,669
    Forum Member
    I can't get over how much her face reminds me of Randy Orton...

I'd love to see RKO Sally!
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

I agree!
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »

I hope you're not including Sally Dynevor in that! She's one of the best actresses on TV - let alone in soapland.