War On The Dancefloor (Series 2) - Show Three

2»

Comments

• rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I was totally expecting to be bottom two. :eek: :) sorry to whoever goes. :(
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    JESS & ALJAZ! :cry:

Huge commiserations to you both - after a great start to the series with some very high scores, I don't think anybody would've expected this. It is such a shame to see you leave so early; having said that, you can be proud of your consistently solid routines and I want to thank you for taking part. Ladies and gentlemen, Jess & Aljaz. :)

Which does mean Eliza & James have dodged elimination yet again and will dance in Show Four. :D
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o:o:o:o Jess! I'm can't believe it :( You're normally such a strong competitor! :( Sorry to see you go.

Well done everyone else who got through though! :)
    Forum Member
    For the fourth round of competition, you will be performing either a PASO DOBLE, a RUMBA or a TANGO. However, you will be tackling your second themed round of the series, which is...
    ROCK! :D

For those of you who have the Rumba, this may seem a rather unfair theme, but as long as it is by an artist who typically performs rock songs, then it should be fine. :)

Along with choosing a fitting song choice, you will also have to add a stage set-up to the performance. Now, this does not mean staging (which I consider to be the choreography of the routine), this is about the appearance of the actual stage and how it enhances the overall performance - for example, you could explain the lighting, the screen image, any extra effects, any stage props etc. However, explanations about the costumes/handheld props will not be accepted, so be careful not to write too long. ;-)

The dance list for this round is as follows:
    Paso Doble
    Callum & Ola
    Queenie & Pasha

Rumba
    Danny & Karen
    Katie & Artem

Tango
    Amy & Brendan
    Eliza & James
    Ross & Natalie

Please could I have all choice in by 6:00pm on Monday 21st April, to send to the judges in time for a show (hopefully!) on Wednesday? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just done a sodding Rock week over on mine and there's a reason I didn't do a sodding Rumba! ;) Fortunately I have a couple of ideas :p x
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    I've just done a sodding Rock week over on mine and there's a reason I didn't do a sodding Rumba! ;) Fortunately I have a couple of ideas :p x

Would one of them be the theme tune to Armagheddon by a band who recorded the original version of 'Walk This Way' by any chance? :p:D
    Forum Member

Yeah... sorry about that. :blush::p
    Forum Member
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    For the fourth round of competition, you will be performing either a PASO DOBLE, a RUMBA or a TANGO. However, you will be tackling your second themed round of the series, which is...
    ROCK! :D

For those of you who have the Rumba, this may seem a rather unfair theme, but as long as it is by an artist who typically performs rock songs, then it should be fine. :)

Along with choosing a fitting song choice, you will also have to add a stage set-up to the performance. Now, this does not mean staging (which I consider to be the choreography of the routine), this is about the appearance of the actual stage and how it enhances the overall performance - for example, you could explain the lighting, the screen image, any extra effects, any stage props etc. However, explanations about the costumes/handheld props will not be accepted, so be careful not to write too long. ;-)

The dance list for this round is as follows:
    Paso Doble
    Callum & Ola
    Queenie & Pasha

Rumba
    Danny & Karen
    Katie & Artem

Tango
    Amy & Brendan
    Eliza & James
    Ross & Natalie

Please could I have all choice in by 6:00pm on Monday 21st April, to send to the judges in time for a show (hopefully!) on Wednesday? :)

Just very quickly - I forgot to mention that, with the BIB, I will accept costumes/props on the condition that they add to or enhance the story of the dance (such is the case with one I have received so far). ;-)
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't realise this was happening or I'd have logged on

Commiserations Jess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Just very quickly - I forgot to mention that, with the BIB, I will accept costumes/props on the condition that they add to or enhance the story of the dance (such is the case with one I have received so far). ;-)

This is just maddeningly confusing- but I assume mine was ok therefore? :p x
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for missing the bottom-two vote Jamie. I was out at the time.

Commiserations to Jess.
    Forum Member
    Sorry I didn't realise this was happening or I'd have logged on

Commiserations Jess
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Sorry for missing the bottom-two vote Jamie. I was out at the time.

Commiserations to Jess.

It's fine, neither of you need to worry. :) A quick shout-out to Izzie once again for stepping in to judge - you really did help me out there, so thank you. :)
    This is just maddeningly confusing- but I assume mine was ok therefore? :p x

Yes, yours was fine, and it was actually the example I referred to in brackets! :p
    Forum Member
    A quick reminder for those of you who haven't yet sent their choices that they need to be in by 6pm tomorrow, please. ;-)
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally struggle with Rumbas never mind Rock Rumbas. This round was challenging.
    Forum Member
    I am still waiting on one performance, but, seeing as I will be going out tonight and will not be back until around midday tomorrow, I'll give that couple until then to send their choice. ;-)
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the show today?
    Forum Member
    Is the show today?

I'm still waiting on Myk's marks as it stands, so I'll let everyone know a little later if it's looking likely or not that the show will be today. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hurry Up Myk! I'm intrigued to see how the next round goes! :p x
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurry Up Myk! I'm intrigued to see how the next round goes! :p x

So am I :)
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Just marked. Was very impressed with most routines, even if the scores don't show :p I get the feeling some people are going to want words with me when the show goes up... ;-)
    Forum Member
    Thank you again to all the judges for sending everything in. :) The fourth show will be posted at 7:30pm tonight, so pull out your black jackets, your Halloween face make-up and some old Alice Cooper CD's and get ready for Rock Round... ;-)