Signal Problems from Winter Hill this mornong

Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
Forum Member
Anyone else having signal problems from Winter Hill this morning? It seems to be affecting all the HD channels and a few of the SD channels.
Getting no or weak signal message on my Samsung TV and Freeview box, both are connected to a booster which is working OK..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Anyone else having signal problems from Winter Hill this morning? It seems to be affecting all the HD channels and a few of the SD channels.
    Getting no or weak signal message on my Samsung TV and Freeview box, both are connected to a booster which is working OK..

All OK at 1545 this afternoon, this morning BBC one North West was OK, I did not try Winter Hill HDs so can not comment.
  • Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    If there was a problem with a main transmitter like that we would all know about it. So the problem is with the OPs equipment.

Nothing wrong with the equipment, talking to the chap next door and he lost his signal around the same time between 7.30am and about 8.45am, other folk in the area reporting the same..
    The signal would come back and break up then go off.
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with the equipment, talking to the chap next door and he lost his signal around the same time between 7.30am and about 8.45am, other folk in the area reporting the same..
    The signal would come back and break up then go off.

Local interference, 4G possibly ?

Without a spectrum analyser, very difficult to diagnose
    Forum Member
    Mark C wrote: »
    Local interference, 4G possibly ?

Without a spectrum analyser, very difficult to diagnose

Someone in the pub said yesterday that there is work being carried out on the local relay transmitter (BBC Wales S4C and so on, out of line of sight for me) but the transmiter also caters for O2, EE, police and other sevices, and that 4G upgrades are due..
    But yesterday was bank holiday so I can't see any work or tests being carried out on a holiday..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in the pub said yesterday that there is work being carried out on the local relay transmitter (BBC Wales S4C and so on, out of line of sight for me) but the transmiter also caters for O2, EE, police and other sevices, and that 4G upgrades are due..
    But yesterday was bank holiday so I can't see any work or tests being carried out on a holiday..

Do you mean the Brymbo TM (also known as Rhos TM),
    Forum Member
    janet owen wrote: »
    Do you mean the Brymbo TM (also known as Rhos TM),

That's the one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give right of way to a Tetra Mast site in Gwynfryn,next door to the Mountain Bike Centre at Coed Llandegla, this site acts as an emergency services rely TM & has satellite standby reception,the next link is at Watkins Tower multiple TM farm(Horse Shoe pass), contractors were working on the site on bank Monday morning,I presume this links in with the Brymbo TM?,ill ask the contractors when they next appear,which is rare.
    Forum Member
    janet owen wrote: »
    I give right of way to a Tetra Mast site in Gwynfryn,next door to the Mountain Bike Centre at Coed Llandegla, this site acts as an emergency services rely TM & has satellite standby reception,the next link is at Watkins Tower multiple TM farm(Horse Shoe pass), contractors were working on the site on bank Monday morning,I presume this links in with the Brymbo TM?,ill ask the contractors when they next appear,which is rare.
    Thanks. Janet
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it happens again try bypassing the booster as a local two way radio system may be overloading it. At least it will give you a clue as to what you are looking for. Modern Tetra walkie talkies are quite powerful and are widely used by local authorities as well as emergency services. Dodgy taxi radios are another possibility.