Options

Roma kids around cashpoints

Comments

• Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    How do you know that you've never been wrong?

Because when i did get up close to them I recognised the language they speak , it's quite distinctive , plus they do have that " look " about them , again very distinctive , and the women always wear the same horrible clothes . Believe me, I know a Roma when I see one , and so should you if you value your belongings .
  • Options
    Erica CartmanErica Cartman Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People like you, sadly, only learn when the unfortunate happens to them. In denial and ignorant of the truth. Not everything is black and white. What next, feel sorry and hug the murderers? Some criminals just have it in their blood. Always looking for an opportunity. A lot of mafia members are said to be friendly on a personal level, like the Krays. But have the most evil, sinister side to them. These Roma are just scummy opportunist bast*rds who deserve the living s*it kicked out of them. The police do f*ck all so they need sorting out.
    I hope you know how stupid that sounds.
  • Options
    Erica CartmanErica Cartman Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is not " many Romas are thieves and pick pockets " it is MOST . It is a fact , they don't get jobs , don't work and don't integrate . They have had hundreds of years to do these things in Romania , Slovakia, Hungary and Bugaria and they have not .

Do you have any facts to back up your assertion that most (more than 50%) of an entire ethnic group are thieves?

If not I will just assume you are a liar and a racist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any facts to back up your assertion that most (more than 50%) of an entire ethnic group are thieves?

Firstly , do not call me a liar and a racist.
    Secondly , if you ever likely to look at things with a. Level of common sense you would know that it is true what is being said about Romas . It's nothing new , they have always been the same , and it's not just our view , it is well known all over Europe . For some bizzarre , unexplained reason , people like you always want to stand up for these people .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Firstly , do not call me a liar and a racist.
    Secondly , if you ever likely to look at things with a. Level of common sense you would know that it is true what is being said about Romas . It's nothing new , they have always been the same , and it's not just our view , it is well known all over Europe . For some bizzarre , unexplained reason , people like you always want to stand up for these people .

I think people are just ridiculously against forming any kind of strong opinion these days. They're happy to sit on the fence with a "all types of people are the same; regardless of skin/race/culture" attitude.

Not always the case. In most aspects, that's a great thing. We are all different and, when that's positive, it should be embraced. But when you have a minority culture that continually takes the proverbial, then it needs to be addressed. People need to look past want they want to believe in an ideal world, and see what's actually there.

Not aimed at the poster you were replying too. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member

Par for the course, so hardly something that people here ought to feel wounded by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Send them back home.
    As an added humanitarian gesture can we round up all the sanctimonious "bleeding hearts" who defend and encourage the importation of this criminal cancer to the UK and send them out to Romania in order that they can implement their lofty utopian ideals there and "help" their chosen "pet" project at its source?
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    You dont need a degree in humanity to know , their dress is very distinctive and recognisable
    So, guesswork then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sinistra wrote: »
    As an added humanitarian gesture can we round up all the sanctimonious "bleeding hearts" who defend and encourage the importation of this criminal cancer to the UK and send them out to Romania in order that they can implement their lofty utopian ideals there and "help" their chosen "pet" project at its source?
    Why would you send them to Romania, I very much doubt Romania would take them unless they held Romanian passports.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    So, guesswork then.

Much the same as if you saw a fella with a black shirt and a white dog collar you might guess he's a priest.

Of course you can never be sure though. It might be someone impersonating one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Well, it's not a compliment. :D

Really?.

Liberals got women the vote.
    Liberals ended the power and abuse of the monarchy and brought as a Parliamentary democracy.
    Liberals brought about the separation of church and state.
    Liberals brought us the NHS.
    Liberals brought us an end to the poorhouse and workhouse.
    Liberals brought us the welfare state.
    Liberals brought us equality for ethnic minorities and black people.
    Liberals brought us equality for homosexuals.
    Liberals brought us NMW.
    Liberals brought us decent working conditions.
    and a great many other things.

All of those people where "liberals".
    Evil, evil liberals, how very dare they.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you send them to Romania, I very much doubt Romania would take them unless they held Romanian passports.
    Silly me ! I thought Romania were unrestricted members of the EU now. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Silly me ! I thought Romania were unrestricted members of the EU now. :D
    Oh yes, I'd forgotten that.

It still doesn't answer though, why you choose to send them to Romania?
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Romanians are very glad to see the back of them - or at least, those who have left.

Try taking the train across Romania, and see the entire fields strewn with garbage. It's a remarkable and depressing sight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    Romanians are very glad to see the back of them - or at least, those who have left.

Try taking the train across Romania, and see the entire fields strewn with garbage. It's a remarkable and depressing sight.
    Why would FM's want to send there then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    On the topic being discussed.

This is obviously a problem, and a major one in some places such as Paris, so needs to be dealt with.

While I am a supporter of free movement across Europe, there doees need to be "some" restrictions.

Say someone comes to the UK, doesn't matter if they are from Romania, France, Germany, Bulgaria, Spain or any other country within the EU. If they live here peacefully, and commit no crime, no problems, let them get on with it.

However, if they commit crime they get sentenced and, at the end of their sentence, they get returned to their home country. A marker is then put on their Immigration record that bans them from returning to the UK for a period of time. Say 2 years for minor crimes up to permanently banned for more serious crimes. Their name, photograph, fingerprints and DNA are held of course on the PNC here as normal, and that information is also shared with Immigration if it isn't already, so if that person tries to enter the UK legally in future their details are available to Immigration at the ports of entry.

But the same system should apply to everyone, including us here in the UK. So if we commit a crime in say Spain we are banned from returning to Spain for a certain length of time.

Seems fair to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, I'd forgotten that.

It still doesn't answer though, why you choose to send them to Romania?
    Because reinforced by their wonderful cohort of utopian "bleeding hearts" they would undoubtedly be able to bring about the libertarian, benevolent economic miracle in Romania that Europe currently expects the UK to provide for them.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    You dont need a degree in humanity to know , their dress is very distinctive and recognisable

Do you mean humanity or humanities?

Because it seems to me lots of posters on this thread need a degree in humanity.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roma are not just Romanians and Bulgarians, this whole thread is full of misconceptions and sheer stupidity.

People who preach hate, as is happening in this thread, really should make an effort not to disparage whole nations as they do so.

Sweeping generalisations, idiotic remedies like 'deport them all' - to where may one ask? Roma can originate from almost anywhere in Europe.
    I know what Roma means, but from the OP it seems to be the ones in discussion are the Romanian gypsies (and the Bulgarian ones - they are both very similar) who are recently moving around Western Europe in large organised gangs in order to pick-pocket.

Are you honestly telling me there is the same prevalency amongst other ethnic groups when it comes to this type of crime? Seriously?

I am not stupid, nor am I basing my statements on 'misconceptions', Get real, ffs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because reinforced by their wonderful cohort of utopian "bleeding hearts" they would undoubtedly be able to bring about the libertarian, benevolent economic miracle in Romania that Europe currently expects the UK to provide for them.
    You still haven't answered it.

But keep going you are quite entertaining, in a way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know what Roma means, but from the OP it seems to be the ones in discussion are the Romanian gypsies (and the Bulgarian ones - they are both very similar) who are recently moving around Western Europe in large organised gangs in order to pick-pocket.

Are you honestly telling me there is the same prevalency amongst other ethnic groups when it comes to this type of crime? Seriously?

I am not stupid, nor am I basing my statements on 'misconceptions', Get real, ffs.
    I await your evidence, but proper evidence not just headlines in a paper for stories that also don't bother with evidence.

I have a life, but thank you for your concern.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is obviously a problem, and a major one in some places such as Paris, so needs to be dealt with.

While I am a supporter of free movement across Europe, there doees need to be "some" restrictions.

Say someone comes to the UK, doesn't matter if they are from Romania, France, Germany, Bulgaria, Spain or any other country within the EU. If they live here peacefully, and commit no crime, no problems, let them get on with it.

However, if they commit crime they get sentenced and, at the end of their sentence, they get returned to their home country. A marker is then put on their Immigration record that bans them from returning to the UK for a period of time. Say 2 years for minor crimes up to permanently banned for more serious crimes. Their name, photograph, fingerprints and DNA are held of course on the PNC here as normal, and that information is also shared with Immigration if it isn't already, so if that person tries to enter the UK legally in future their details are available to Immigration at the ports of entry.

But the same system should apply to everyone, including us here in the UK. So if we commit a crime in say Spain we are banned from returning to Spain for a certain length of time.

Seems fair to me.

I would go along with that .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I await your evidence, but proper evidence not just headlines in a paper for stories that also don't bother with evidence.

I have a life, but thank you for your concern.

You always want evidence when it is really not required, it's like asking for evidence that the rain falls from clouds in the sky . We all know where the rain comes from, don't need evidence .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member

Seems fair to me.

We could just ban anyone with a criminal record from entering the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You always want evidence when it is really not required, it's like asking for evidence that the rain falls from clouds in the sky . We all know where the rain comes from, don't need evidence .
    I know when it's raining, I don't need a hyped up pile of toss on a front page to tell me it's sunny, and then wonder why I am getting wet.