Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    News from Down Under that Jessica Mauboy is performing Never Be The Same in her interval act, plus another that's currently in the works. Good choice, it's a great song even if it's a bit of an homage to Halo. :p

http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/04/24/australia-eurovision-jessica-mauboy-sing-never/47700/#
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    ollie1004 wrote: »
    www.facebook.com/ollie1004

Knock yourselves out guys. Don't mind at all! :D:)

You wear some awesome hats!
  • Options
    ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You wear some awesome hats!

Haha why thank you! :D That's my thang.... :P
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    News from Down Under that Jessica Mauboy is performing Never Be The Same in her interval act, plus another that's currently in the works. Good choice, it's a great song even if it's a bit of an homage to Halo. :p

http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/04/24/australia-eurovision-jessica-mauboy-sing-never/47700/#

Love a bit of Jessica! SHe like Samantha Jade can do no wrong in my eyes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OGAE Finland

12 points go to… Hungary
    10 points go to… Austria
    8 points go to… Sweden
    7 points go to… Israel
    6 points go to… France
    5 points go to… Norway
    4 points go to… Armenia
    3 points go to… Greece
    2 points go to… Ireland
    1 point goes to… Italy

Top 5:

1. Sweden - 211
    2. Austria - 126
    3. Hungary - 122
    4. Israel - 121
    5. UK - 101
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again another fanwanky result! Good! Let all the top 4 get the OAGE Kiss of Death!
  • Options
    ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liking the COTU music video :)

Just notcied my uni is doing a Eurovision project :) - http://www.mmu.ac.uk/news/news-items/2396/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    It's looking like Conchita is this years Valentina for the OGAE crowd.

I'm happy with 5th for the UK. :p
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some strange stuff going on on oddschecker

Latvia were dead last by a long way, now they're 29/37??

Iceland have plummeted from the mid 20's to 34th (400/1 seems crazy to me) and Georgia is propping up the table
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    OMG Mollie is christening the hair band thingie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    QuartzMan wrote: »

So silly, but so funny! I'd be great at innuendo bingo! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You just knew Molly has a great sense of humour
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    There's some strange stuff going on on oddschecker

Latvia were dead last by a long way, now they're 29/37??

Iceland have plummeted from the mid 20's to 34th (400/1 seems crazy to me) and Georgia is propping up the table

Finally ;)
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they do this every year and I'm not aware (since this is the first year I've been really into the contest) but is anybody else sick of seeing Emmelie? Like.. she's everywhere this year! Eurovision still haven't uploaded our EIC performance yet uploaded Emmelie. Then they uploaded another Headlines video last night and half of it was Emmelie. No joke, I think I've heard more of her than Basim this year. Do they usually focus on last years winner a lot..?
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again another fanwanky result! Good! Let all the top 4 get the OAGE Kiss of Death!
    Just the top 4, not top 5, then? :p

And at least the Finnish OGAE didn't give 12 points to our beloved neighbour Sweden, like almost everybody else ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    back when i first heard Anna Bergandahl I though wow a possible winner especially with staging and the cute lights everyone got to wave as she sang. and then it totally bombed much to the utter shock of the singer.and many others, not even reaching the final. Similar style of song (but with a lot more energy and movment) as UNDO. Just might do the same. I preferred Anna's song.
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Perhaps they do this every year and I'm not aware (since this is the first year I've been really into the contest) but is anybody else sick of seeing Emmelie? Like.. she's everywhere this year! Eurovision still haven't uploaded our EIC performance yet uploaded Emmelie. Then they uploaded another Headlines video last night and half of it was Emmelie. No joke, I think I've heard more of her than Basim this year. Do they usually focus on last years winner a lot..?

I don't mind seeing Emmelie a lot but I did laugh when I saw the latest headlines video. I thought to myself "what exactly is the headline here?!"
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member
    Sweden beginning to look like a winner from the You Tube and other poll surveys. I think I maybe need to put a bet on her too! :(
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's been very clear they've got rainmaker on the Eurovision album also. I don't have that much issue with it because I think Rainmaker is a huge improvement on Only Teardrops and Basim in general :D. But she has been promoting around Europe more than most acts this year.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no they don't ... and they don't get added to this year's CD either like she has been. She must have some mighty juicy scandal on Jan Ola Sand to be getting this preferential treatment!
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    back when i first heard Anna Bergandahl I though wow a possible winner especially with staging and the cute lights everyone got to wave as she sang. and then it totally bombed much to the utter shock of the singer.and many others, not even reaching the final. Similar style of song (but with a lot more energy and movment) as UNDO. Just might do the same. I preferred Anna's song.
    Hmm, imo Anna Bergendahl's song was the most boring thing Sweden has ever sent, and I don't see any similarirties with that and Undo, they're totally different kind of songs...
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to Rainmaker being on the album, to be fair that's because it's the official song of the contest this year. We Write the Story was on last year's album.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to Rainmaker being on the album, to be fair that's because it's the official song of the contest this year. We Write the Story was on last year's album.

sure? I've checked mine and it's not on it.
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://twitter.com/ESCRamadan/status/459371201924567041/photo/1/large As long as we don't have the death slot in the actual thing. Scoreboard preview
This discussion has been closed.