The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol overcome success is being forgotten no one cares it is not relevant anymore to us fans and to the odd xfactor success chart it's decent but im sorry AB can't hold on to that as her only success she's technically a one hit wonder successful era then flops.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    How is it a lie?? She never used to follow as many people when she met them as she does now, she really got into networking past year but she never did it as much. The struggle is real soz

Following on twitter is no bar of actual association. Business is conducted in person, not via twitter. But tbh, she is not musically minded, and I don't think she ever has been. Everyone nowadays is a lyrical visionary in someway. She's not kept up, and got left behind.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    You're only as good as your last hit.
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    You're only as good as your last hit.

Or rather, you're ability to craft one. Sadly Alex can't do either now. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a mess. Overcome was all other peoples stuff, she just sang it. She has no artistic vision, she's not an artist she's just a singer.. I wish she'd get a grip she's such a disappointment
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fed up with supporting her tbh. I can see why she's lost thousands of followers on Twitter, her tweets are so boring and 99% of them have nothing to do with music. I would have unfollowed her by now if she wasn't following me back lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    I'm fed up with supporting her tbh. I can see why she's lost thousands of followers on Twitter, her tweets are so boring and 99% of them have nothing to do with music. I would have unfollowed her by now if she wasn't following me back lol

#POORALEX
    Forum Member
    Such a mess. Overcome was all other peoples stuff, she just sang it. She has no artistic vision, she's not an artist she's just a singer.. I wish she'd get a grip she's such a disappointment

Well that is normal for debut albums, especially in big multi million deals like the XF one, Leona got the same treatment. It's the second one where you prove yourself, and she didn't.
    Forum Member
    So annoyed tbh, like I just heard her On The Radio performance and she was so ****ing good. SMH at ha. A disappointment is not even the word. Her not writing the songs is sad too, but at least have some clear ideas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really embarrassing being a fan of hers what a MESS

Performing michael Jackson's concert... Which WE got her for this

We do everything for this idiot tell her from overcomes completion to go to America she doesn't listen and when she does she can't even do that right I'm tired I'm
    Just so tired even Estelle got it together with her new song causing some buzz
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    estelle's a song writer, alex isn't!!
    this is where alex struggles like you've all said.

she's just a singer, she has nothing else going for her tbh
    Forum Member
    estelle's a song writer, alex isn't!!
    this is where alex struggles like you've all said.

she's just a singer, she has nothing else going for her tbh
    See. I said this eons ago. And I meant it. Elton John warned her about this, and she did not heed the advice and look where she is now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    See. I said this eons ago. And I meant it. Elton John warned her about this, and she did not heed the advice and look where she is now.

It's true I remember the article I mean to be fair with she had writing camp or whatever but she needs to spend minimum a year with someone like Miguel who can make her more creative or influence her
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexs career is such a mess she doesnt know which direction she wants to go which will most probably piss off her managers and cause them to drop her. Its so tiring replying to her haters on line with facts from 2008, they are old and irrelevant now. #pooralex. Shes not taking this seriously she should be flying to L.A and meeting up with record labels instead of on a beach in the maldives with some west end musical script in her lap. By the time we get this album shell be 30. Sad really.
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    It's true I remember the article I mean to be fair with she had writing camp or whatever but she needs to spend minimum a year with someone like Miguel who can make her more creative or influence her

She has enough experiences as a young, black female born in Britain living in inner city London. You can't get anymore experiences than that. Hell she could sing about misogny, sexism, racism, general distrust, abuse...so much. Yet she keeps it basic.
    Alexs career is such a mess she doesnt know which direction she wants to go which will most probably piss off her managers and cause them to drop her. Its so tiring replying to her haters on line with facts from 2008, they are old and irrelevant now. #pooralex. Shes not taking this seriously she should be flying to L.A and meeting up with record labels instead of on a beach in the maldives with some west end musical script in her lap. By the time we get this album shell be 30. Sad really.

I can see her being finished by KWL after this album tbh.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but this is supposed to be an appreciation thread. Take all your negativity somewhere else.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    It's really embarrassing being a fan of hers what a MESS

Performing michael Jackson's concert... Which WE got her for this

We do everything for this idiot tell her from overcomes completion to go to America she doesn't listen and when she does she can't even do that right I'm tired I'm
    Just so tired even Estelle got it together with her new song causing some buzz

How exactly did you get her Michael Jackson's concert gig? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has enough experiences as a young, black female born in Britain living in inner city London. You can't get anymore experiences than that. Hell she could sing about misogny, sexism, racism, general distrust, abuse...so much. Yet she keeps it basic.

True but she needs to learn how to write proper

And yep! I want the business Alex to emerge one that is reletless be iggy begging it off the streets of la. Come on TI has grand hustle chipmunk is STILL listed as an artist on there and he hasn't dropped music in a minute!!!!!!

Come on Alex get on someone's label
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »

All us fans made a petition because she didn't make the original line-up.
    We did trends and a massive petition then week after she got added to line-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her fans petitioned do you not remember she wasn't on the original bill JLS was and other UK stars
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am not being rude, but I am fed up reading about how Alex needs to write and should have been doing it since Overcome, maybe she just isn't capable. There is no way she hasn't tried, most singers co-write and I bet Alex did a lot more co-writing on her original second album and on this third one she has been recording.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All us fans made a petition because she didn't make the original line-up.
    We did trends and a massive petition then week after she got added to line-up.

No I didn't know that, that quite cool.
    Forum Member
    I am not being rude, but I am fed up reading about how Alex needs to write and should have been doing it since Overcome, maybe she just isn't capable. There is no way she hasn't tried, most singers co-write and I bet Alex did a lot more co-writing on her original second album and on this third one she has been recording.

I just want it to surface that's all. Surely she could work with people to help her boost it no? I'm a believer of try and keep trying and eventually you'll be good. I mean she co wrote Elephant and that was a bop, and the lyrics were good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want it to surface that's all. Surely she could work with people to help her boost it no? I'm a believer of try and keep trying and eventually you'll be good. I mean she co wrote Elephant and that was a bop, and the lyrics were good.

Yeah with five other writers, so theres a good chance she contributed very little to that song.

Ellie Goulding has a writing credit on Burn, yet Leona recorded that years before Ellie had anything to do with the song, and very little about it changed when she did take the song.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah with five other writers, so theres a good chance she contributed very little to that song.

Ellie Goulding has a writing credit on Burn, yet Leona recorded that years before Ellie had anything to do with the song, and very little about it changed when she did take the song.

Alex came up with the concept for Elephant and is listed as the lead songwriter. She worked on it at a writing camp for HOH.