Options

Jason Gardiner - Learn Some Manners

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I thought his 'frigid' comment to Tana was a step too far, even for a pantomime villain.

It was too personal and inappropriate for a family show.

Not on.

I agree. Totally unnecessary and an insult to schoolmistresses everywhere! If it hadn't been a live show I'm sure that would have been edited out.
  • Options
    samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realise nastiness and putting people down is now the vogue and it appears in most reality shows i.e. Strictly Come Dancing - main protagonist Craig Revel-Horwood, The X Factor - Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh and, of course, Dancing on Ice - Bitch Queen Jason Gardiner but what singles out Jason Gardiner is HE DOESN'T KNOW HIS SUBJECT BECAUSE HE CAN'T SKATE.

I could set myself up and comment on the celeb skaters' performance but it wouldn't mean a thing because I can't skate and I wouldn't dream of criticising anyone who can - they deserve tremendous respect for even trying. He can't skate yet has the effrontery to argue the technicalities with Robin and shows his ignorance when "advising" Heather Mills to do something which she is physically incapable of doing with her left leg.

HIs catty quips are not funny or constructive and, in my opinion the only thing this self-styled "fashion guru" is qualified to do is appear as the back legs of a pantomime horse".
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    I am still wracking my brains as to how he got the job as fashion guru on TM. :confused: Yes i know Schoff is the connection but really!!! Getting rid of Helen Boyle and her little side kick who knew there stuff and i would imagine have a background in fashion and replacing them with Mr Nasty is a silly step too far. He has no idea, looks totally ill at lease and cant even blag it. All his make overs are laughable......goks job is safe. I cant stand the man, he just doesnt have what it takes imo. I wish he would just go away.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get annoyed at Jason after Danny showed how to take the wind out of his sails :D
  • Options
    MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason always reminds me of "The mask"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharron Davies said that after Jason's "tree" comment, her daughter was teased at school, when Competitors families are hurt by his remarks surely its about time the Producers stepped in and he is told that personal comments are taboo!
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This 'nasty' lark has got a bit out of hand really. Nigel Lythgoe and Simon Cowell were unpleasant, but deadly accurate – I am yet to disagree with anything Cowell has ever said in his capacity as a judge on any talent show. Craig Revel Horwood is a bit of a bitch queen on occasion, but he doesn't take himself very seriously.

Jason, however, is guilty both of being nasty simply for effect, and of valuing his own blarney far too highly. You can be disparaging without being cruel; you can be cruel without pretending your word is gospel. But don't do both and expect me to like you.

I always find Craig Revel Horwwod being made a model of how to do harsh comments hilarious. In seven series of Strictly he hasn't given a single consructive comment.

Jason may be harsh but he is almost always accurate, and will give credit where its due. Sharron got quite positive comments from him this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

Almost everyone thinks Danny is arrogant.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Jeremy Sheffield was asked about Jason
    Q:.Jason Gardiner had some really scathing remarks this weekend. Does he scare the celebrities?

Jeremy:"He might do for some people, but I just think he's funny. He cracks me up and makes me laugh. He is a panto dame. He is like a drag queen with that raised eyebrow and those big teeth. I think he is brilliant entertainment and I don't take it terribly seriously. The skaters on the panel, you listen to them and take that seriously. Nicky, Robin and Karen are the ones that know what they're talking about."
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    Almost everyone thinks Danny is arrogant.

No I dont think he is arrogant, just young, confident and talented unlike Emily who is young but totally useless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    No I dont think he is arrogant, just young, confident and talented unlike Emily who is young but totally useless.

I don't either but Jason's hardly a lone voice!

I like Emily I think she's quite funny and her and Fred make a good partnership. I'd like to see her in for a few more weeks to see how much she can improve.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may be a big softie backstage but one of his remarks caused Sharron's little girl to be teased at school. When his remarks affect a contestant's daughter, spills into their personal life and causes distress that is going too far. I agree with another poster who says when this kind of thing happens the producer should step in and warn Jason Gardiner to temper his remarks. He may be a charming, sweet man in real life but, unfortunately, he does not come over as such on Dancing on Ice and if he is the big softie Heather says he is then he should twice before opening his mouth. He really does have a mouth like a wasp's anus and there is nothing sweet or soft about that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    I always find Craig Revel Horwwod being made a model of how to do harsh comments hilarious. In seven series of Strictly he hasn't given a single consructive comment.

I didn't actually mention him in a 'constructive or not' context, if you read the original post; I mentioned him in the context of being the (not really) 'harsh' one on the panel. By all means voice your opinion, but don't quote me out of context to start an argument.

And samiskim - 'mouth like a wasp's anus' made me spit my water all over the keyboard. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't actually mention him in a 'constructive or not' context, if you read the original post; I mentioned him in the context of being the (not really) 'harsh' one on the panel. By all means voice your opinion, but don't quote me out of context to start an argument.

And samiskim - 'mouth like a wasp's anus' made me spit my water all over the keyboard. :D:D:D

Fair enough.

Still think CRH is pure poison and Jason is harsh but fair.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Melodybear wrote: »
    Jason always reminds me of "The mask"

lmao !! that made me laugh sooo much and i hadnt really noticed it before
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he wore that leather get up on the preview show I thought he had come straight from an Audition to play the child catcher in Chitty Chitty bang bang!:D
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,757
    Forum Member
    Every panto needs its villain.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

It sounds like he is saying this because of what Danny Young said to him on last week's show about him needing to relax and offering to give him a hug. It was obvious that he was joking, but Jason took it as if he was trying to gain favour with him and get more votes.

He is also the perfect example of someone who can give it but can't take it. He couldn't stand it when Roxanne Pallet stood up for herself last year, and when she left the show and skated round the ice for the last time waving to everyone, I caught Jason sarcastically waving back when her back was turned. Also, when he appeared on This Morning just before the final, most of the other celebrity skaters came on the show too. Roxanne didn't and Jason took it upon himself to sarcastically say after they showed the clip when Roxanne got Ruthie's and Karen's names mixed up as a joke, he said sarcastically, "Gracious as ever", and then added rudely, "I notice she's not here now. Where is she?" NOT very professional.

He also criticised Ruthie Henshall for having Zoe Salmon as a favourite and yet it was obvious that Ray Quinn was by far and away his favourite and took it upon himself to crawl up to him and he punched the air when he was announced as the winner last year. What a hypocrite.
  • Options
    SyqoSyqo Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »
    I realise nastiness and putting people down is now the vogue and it appears in most reality shows i.e. Strictly Come Dancing - main protagonist Craig Revel-Horwood, The X Factor - Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh and, of course, Dancing on Ice - Bitch Queen Jason Gardiner but what singles out Jason Gardiner is HE DOESN'T KNOW HIS SUBJECT BECAUSE HE CAN'T SKATE.

I could set myself up and comment on the celeb skaters' performance but it wouldn't mean a thing because I can't skate and I wouldn't dream of criticising anyone who can - they deserve tremendous respect for even trying. He can't skate yet has the effrontery to argue the technicalities with Robin and shows his ignorance when "advising" Heather Mills to do something which she is physically incapable of doing with her left leg.

HIs catty quips are not funny or constructive and, in my opinion the only thing this self-styled "fashion guru" is qualified to do is appear as the back legs of a pantomime horse".

I just wish that the celebs would reveal the fact that he can't skate and acknowledge his hypocrisy but I'm always left disappointed. It would make brilliant tv to see the smirk wiped off his face and for him to endure some humility.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Thought he was offside in referring to someone tonight as a dog. Had that been me, I'd have comeback by saying he looks like an egg.

And similarly, hope he'd be in a box by Easter too.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Gardiner :p

All downhill?:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Oh, and that was class personified - you were like faecal matter that wouldn't flush....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Referring to someone as being like fecal matter is just not on... why the hell do they let him get away with it?

Horrible little man.