Should characters get away with things sometimes?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    The whole "gangster era" comes to mind for EE. There were lots of murders etc that were never really found out about. Dennis killing Jack Dalton comes to mind.. Only Andy, Sharon and Den ever knew and he was never found out by the police or anyone. Then there was Jake Moon killing Danny Moon, I don't think anyone ever even questioned where Danny had gone. Then there's Johnny killing Andy, Danny Moon killing Dennis.. All went undetected by the police. Then again I guess you could say since they all ended up dead they were kind of punished in a different way

Also did Zoe Slater ever get pulled up on her involvement in Den's murder. Both Chrissie and Sam have been in prison but I don't think they ever mentioned Zoe to the police?

I didn't think danny moon killed dennis?i thought it was just one of johnnys random heavys :eek:
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,714
    Forum Member
    Amanda Vale killed someone on H&A and got away with it, in fact she got away with most things she did!
  • charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure someone in Home and Away got away with raping a girl?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hanny89 wrote: »
    I didn't think danny moon killed dennis?i thought it was just one of johnnys random heavys :eek:

Nope it was Danny Moon :( but we didn't find that out until six months later. In that whole Johnny Allen week in 06 Danny revealed to Jake a video on his monbile phone that he recorded of him killing Dennis. That's when Jake realised Danny had completely lost the plot LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    hanny89 wrote: »

Yes, Danny did kill Dennis.

Jake killing Danny was just a pathetic bit of characterisation - why would he kill his brother to save grant and Phil Mitchell?? Ridiculous.

Zoe never went to prison - and only chrissie, kat and sam know of her part in Den's death. I'm not sure even Sharon knows. To be fair though, Zoe really shouldn't have gone to prison. Den's death was always less about the death, which was pretty ambiguous, and more about the cover up - which chrissie and Sam were mostly guilty of.

IMO characters can get away with some things, but never murder. As a calculated killer, Stacey should face justice and for her to escape would be rodiculous. Apart from anything else it will make a return impossible - why return to the scene of a crime you got away with. No one would - it's one thing to return when you have been made to pay and so made peace with your behaviour, quite another when you got away with it and no one knows. You'd never go back - it is psychologically irrational and unrealistic in the extreme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Correction on above: yes Sharon knew about Zoe.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,714
    Forum Member
    I'm sure someone in Home and Away got away with raping a girl?

Henk raped Rachel in H&A when they were at uni and he was never charged as she didnt report it.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did Alan Turner (ED) daughter ( i dont rem her name ) get away with chucking that women over the boat a few yrs ago????????
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    did Alan Turner (ED) daughter ( i dont rem her name ) get away with chucking that women over the boat a few yrs ago????????

Yes, she did..she was called Steph (played by Lorraine Chase)..Ironically she went to prison for murdering her brother after pleading guilty, although she didn't kill him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she did..she was called Steph (played by Lorraine Chase)..Ironically she went to prison for murdering her brother after pleading guilty, although she didn't kill him

Hotten police usually only charge people with the offences they haven't committed :cool:
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Cotton got away with killing Reg Cox
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers for comfirming that for me ;)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    and worst of all, having Sean for a brother...:D

I miss Sean! :D and rob kazinsky!

Incidentally didn't sean murder his dad?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    Henk raped Rachel in H&A when they were at uni and he was never charged as she didnt report it.

yes but he apologised for it and in Home and away land that means that the offence is cleared up :D
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Cotton killed Reg Cox and he got away with it. Years later he also murdered Eddie Royle and although he was arrested he was found not guilty in court so technically he got away with murder twice.

Back in the 90s Michael Rose had an affair with Lisa Fowler behind his wife's back and was never found out.

Michelle Fowler having Grant Mitchell's baby has never been revealed. I think Mark and Pauline were the only two people to know and their both dead now.