RSPCA - reporting cruelty to a dog

Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
Forum Member
✭✭
I was wondering if anyone knew roughly how long the RSPCA will take to respond to a call made to them?

Earlier today, both me & my flatmate witnessed a dog being literally stamped on by its owner with full force :cry: on 2 separate occasions - I of course immediately rang the RSPCA and told them what had happened, and that I believed it has happened on previous occasions (as I'd heard the same noise before but not realised what it was).

And I've just witnessed it yet again - but as its a separate block of flats facing us I was only able to give the name of the block, not the actual flat. This obviously will make it more difficult for them to investigate, but I'm really worried that the dog won't be able to take much more of this violence :( is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd call them again and point out the dog may not last much longer.
  • Sherry TrifleSherry Trifle Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible story OP, but I'd do as Barbarella said and call the RSPCA again, and again, until somebody comes out.

Poor dog.

Do let us know how you get on.
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would report this to the police. This is potentially a criminal matter and if you can get any proof (video for example) without being seen so much the better, horrible as filming it might be.
  • mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't get anywhere with the RSPCA I too would suggest calling the police. Treating this dog in this manner is horrific and it makes you fear for what is going on behind closed doors.
    I remember a few years ago when someone managed to get footage of a labrador being brutalised and that footage was instrumental in the animal being rehomed and the thug being charged.
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I did call them again - but still not sure what they are doing about it really :( I did have my camera nearby all day yesterday to try & catch it, but it happens so quickly that it's over by the time I've got it out.

I will definitely contact the police if it happens again today. Luckily the dog seems a bit more active today and is being all cute licking the window :)
  • 4pounds644pounds64 Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can see it in a window, that should be more than enough for them to work out which flat it's in.

Poor creature :(
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said - try to get a video of it.
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4pounds64 wrote: »
    If you can see it in a window, that should be more than enough for them to work out which flat it's in.

Poor creature :(

Yeah I did describe which window it was, I guess I just hoped they would've been out quickly seeing as it was such a horrible case of cruelty. But he isn't the only evil pet owner in the country which they have to investigate :(